Thank you to the Admins and Moderators

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I think many people worked hard to get a more historical focus here, and when you do something you like it doesnt feel like working at all ;). Still, what we have now is a starting point, which hopefully will be useful as a solid base, to start of more historical discussions about royals.

Welcome Pook, Jen and hopefully Kory to, after you two are done with him ;).

Thank you so much for these interesting forums. Since long, I was surching for such forums. Kind regards, Tilla.

I was looking for a place like this as well, Tilla. Bingo! Finally found it!
We are certainly enjoying this to the hilt.
Wonderful, wonderful place, and thank all of you for making this forum absolutely fantastic.
Purrs,
Pook

I am glad that as I was looking for answers to 2 questions I have, I am given the opportunity to thank all the moderators and administrators on The Royal Forums for their dedication and professionalism, and to know that they are always there to help, as well as knowing their names when they have been on the Forum for a long time, which makes you feel like you almost know them personally. It's a great plus !

My 2 questions, and I have no idea whether this is the proper place to ask them, are these:

Why are political messages (almost propaganda) as part of a poster's signature, allowed ? I find it disturbing, even if I happen to agree with the message. It seems inappropriate for this kind of forum and is distracting.

Also is TRF a fan forum ? The question came up with another poster, with whom I have very nice chats, and it had never occurred to me that this might be a fan club. I don't really even know what a fan club is, except that everybody gushes about the people they are fans of. I do know the rules of how you can post and all that, my question is really one of category.

Keep up the good work, and again, all my thanks for your great work.

Thanks, all of you admin and mods for a great forum. I don't have much to contribute except maybe an opinion or comment, but I do lose myself in here reading and looking at pictures and learning.
What fun! Thanks!

Why are political messages (almost propaganda) as part of a poster's signature, allowed ? I find it disturbing, even if I happen to agree with the message. It seems inappropriate for this kind of forum and is distracting.

It's not allowed. As written in our Community Rules:

Political and religious content is permitted only in association with the royal-related topics of the threads.

We don't always see everything and if you have a question or concern, you should feel free to send any of us a PM.

Also is TRF a fan forum ? The question came up with another poster, with whom I have very nice chats, and it had never occurred to me that this might be a fan club. I don't really even know what a fan club is, except that everybody gushes about the people they are fans of. I do know the rules of how you can post and all that, my question is really one of category.

We are a discussion forum. Of course our members are usually royalty fans (although not always), but that is not all that we are. We have our fair share of gossip but we also have rich historical forums that some of the admins and mods have put enormous effort into creating, some beautifully written and formatted articles and now also a contemporary and informative blog. We try to be a little something for everyone.

Hope that answers your questions. :flowers:

Thank you, kimebear, for your prompt response. I appreciate both answers, as they clarify how to have an accurate perception. I'll send you a PM the next time I have a concern. I certainly don't mean to push for censorship, especially where royals are concerned, (where would I be if I couldn't express my sometimes unpopular opinions ?), but I find it distracting and offensive to be subjected to political propaganda on a Royal Forum, everytime certain posters post something. Are they posting to push their own agenda ?

As for the second answer, it is remarkably clear and well-written and once again, it's good to be reminded of all the research and editing that goes into making this forum so informative and interesting to read. There is indeed something for everyone, and areas you didn't know you were interested in until you saw something written about it. Thank you.

I now have another question. I could post quite a few pictures of the Princess Caroline 70-80's thread, but, in order to make sure they have not been posted before, everytime I want to do that, I need to go back to the very beginning of that very long thread to know if they would be new. So I get discouraged and rather than go through this task, I give up and don't post anything. Could you offer a solution to this problem ? Do you have a database of pictures posted that would automatically delete any picture already on the thread ? Should I create that database myself ? It's kind of hard to go through the trouble of searching for a photograph, scanning it, posting, and have someone say it was already posted and could we please check before posting? Is it a moderator's job to monitor whether the picture is new or not, or the poster's ?

While it would be ideal if photographs were not repeat-posted, considering the sheer volume of images contained in the Forums it would be impossible to compile a picture database. For starters, the size of such a task would require a large team of full-time researchers and indexers poring through the over 11,000 threads in the Forums. Each day they would have to categorise the hundreds and hundreds of images posted across the Forums in links and in links to photo galleries; secondly it would be a ridiculously difficult task to index and describe multiple photographs of the same event showing the same subjects but from slightly different angles.

Some members will remember their favourite photographs or be more familiar with the content of a thread than others. The posting of links since November 2006 makes the checking task even more cumbersome as the images are not immediately apparent.

The solution is to "do your best". There is no 'penalty' for reposting photos that may appear earlier in a thread. I would hope that members understand the difficulty of checking for prior postings, (especially relevant to longish threads) and would therefore refrain from the discouraging and unhelpful advice of "it's already been posted!"

The next time someone greets a photographic contribution of yours with a "we've seen it before!" response, point them in the direction of this post. :)

Thanks so much, Warren, your response was very helpful and encouraging.

I believe I have past the quota to have my title upgraded (courtier?) if so can my name be adjusted to reflect this, I think it didn't change because of the TRF Author thingy, Thanks awfully

Hi RoyalProtocol. Done - you should see your new title now.

When do I get the new car? Is that at 300 or 400 posts?

Here the complete list of titles:

Newbie: 10 or fewer posts
Commoner: 11 to 50 posts
Gentry: from 51 to 100 posts
Aristocracy: 101 to 250 posts
Nobility: 251 to 500 posts
Courtier: 501 to 1,000 posts
Serene Highness: 1,001 to 1,500 posts
Royal Highness: 1,501 to 2,000 posts
Heir Presumptive: 2,001 to 3,000 posts
Heir Apparent: 3,001 to 6,000 posts
Majesty: 6,001 to 10,000 posts
Imperial Majesty: 10,000 posts and above

-
If people have a custom title like blog author, PoM rep. etc. we ahve to adjust the titles manually, so that is why RP's title didn't change automatically.

New car? Around here you're lucky if you get a :pumpkin1: that you can magically turn into a :coach:

if you are interested in organizing a group to meet in the chat room to discuss specific royal families, how do you organize this without posting on the thread? thank you in advance for your response.

If you're talking about starting a social group, you can start a group here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/groups/

and post a link in your signature to let people know about it. If the group members want to meet in the TRF chatroom at a particular time for a live chat, you can use the message board at the social group to set it up.

I think I'm in the same boat as RoyalProtocal ... should I be a courtier now, too?

(Also, a magical pumpkin-carriage would also be much appreciated.) ;)

:previous:
The magical pumpkin carriages and golden slippers are currently out of stock but the ugraded title has been delivered. :flowers:

Darn! That carriage would have made my commute immensely more fun. ;)

Hello,

I don't know if anyone has been notified but I'd just like the admin to know that this site cannot be viewed in Brunei. It has probably been banned/blocked by the government.

=)

Thank you for the advice Dang.
The Brunei forum is hardly a hotbed of subversive activity so I don't see why they would feel the need to block us.

I have a question with the thread housekeeping.

If I remember correctly, forum rules state that current events threads will be closed once it has reached ten (10) pages. However, I noticed in the Spanish RF forum that the existing current events have been running on for more than the said limit. The Royal Family of Spain current events thread 21 has 14 pages and still active; the Princes of Asturias thread 51 has twenty, and still active. I don't know if it's the case for other subforums.

What happened? Have the rules been relaxed or changed?

Well spotted! They have indeed been changed recently. We now let the current event thread continue until they reach around 20 pages.

The "ten page per thread" rule was a hangover from when the Forums was based on a very small server. These days we are hosted by large and powerful servers so thread length is not an issue in terms of retrieval or loading. Depending on where a thread is at in terms of a discussion, the length may run between 20 to 25 pages, and for some threads even longer. For example, the William & Kate Rumours and Musings thread is currently at 159 pages as there doesn't seem any point in starting part 2, although unless there is some activity on the engagement front we may have no alternative. :D

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't see any official announcement about that, or I may have missed it.

There was no announcement made as it's more of an internal housekeeping issue.

Last edited:
Thank you ever so much for creating this site.
I can't remember when how I came across it, but i am very glad I did. A day doesn't go back when I don't check the TRF, if it wasn't for the TRF i wouldn't be so interested in royalty.
Thank you ever so much all of you.
x

Back
Top Bottom