Thank you to the Admins and Moderators

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, I would never have thought of doing that.......Wow. I have just tried. I can even send myself a private message. LOL......Clever.

This is more than my poor tattered nervous system can stand. I have to click this button and then that button, I know just how all those poor old people in Brouder County Florida who tried to vote for Gore and instead ended up voting for Buckhanan and put George Bush in the White House, the last thing on earth they wanted. Am I to choose an avatar, what on earth. Next thing you know I will be proclaimed King of France, which I will quickly decline and go into hiding. The guillotine never held any charms for me; besides I could not wear that magnificent jewelry anyway. Perhaps I could choose a picture from a book of my childhood put out by the Pet Dairy Company in which the heroine, Princess Pet is standing on top of a Chocolate Ice Cream mountain surrounded by a mountain range of every form of ice cream known to man. She could even be wearing QM IIs Outer Space Poppy horror tiara and holding a five gallon Royal Doulton ice cream bowl with silver spoon. As you can see, I am deranged and have started babbling again. I had better get out of here before the little men in white coats with needles drawn start showing up. Cheers and total confusion.

Latest bulletin from the "serial complainer" THE QUICK LINKS ARE WORKING.

Hooray, little dance around, hooray.

Thank you clever person who fixed it.

That's wonderful Menarue! :flowers:

Perhaps this great technological triumph will encourage our doubting Thomas to click his mouse a few times and get himself a nice avatar. In the time it took him to type out that post he could have acquired an avatar even prettier than Princess Pat.

Come on Thomas! Avatar yourself! :)

Let me see if I can find something for Thomas...

ETA: how do you like that one, Thomas? I can change it for the Poltimore or something else if you prefer.

Last edited:
actually upon looking at it for a while the avatar I now have-namely the Fife- is just superb. I wish I could get my grubbly little paws on the real thing. And yes, I would wear it in public with my best black suit and tie. Cheers.

I tried to post in the "hilarious movies" thread, but I could not. What seems to be the problem? :cool:

It looks as though you managed to do it a bit later, so it must have been a temporary glitch.

"Thank You" to moderators and administrators

This was probably said many times, but they say good things are never too much.
I would really like to say "Thank You" to the Moderators and Administrators of this Forum. Quite apart from being extremely friendly and helpful (which I already had occasions to witness first-hand despite my short membership here), they also do actually work really hard to make this board a truly exceptional place. With all the newsletters, polls, articles, interesting topics and discussions, this is never a dull place. Which is more, they manage to keep the place in order, which can't be an easy task for a forum of this size.

The wiki entry which directed me here certainly didn't exaggerate the virtues of this board. If anything, it underestimates them!

So big fat Thank you for making this board an enjoyable place even for a newbie like me! :flowers:

Thank you for those kind words amandamrgt! It's always nice to hear that we are doing a good job!

Thank you Elspeth : You are the best of the best.I know I can alway rely on my Dour Doyen. Chaz

This was probably said many times, but they say good things are never too much.
I would really like to say "Thank You" to the Moderators and Administrators of this Forum. Quite apart from being extremely friendly and helpful (which I already had occasions to witness first-hand despite my short membership here), they also do actually work really hard to make this board a truly exceptional place. With all the newsletters, polls, articles, interesting topics and discussions, this is never a dull place. Which is more, they manage to keep the place in order, which can't be an easy task for a forum of this size.

The wiki entry which directed me here certainly didn't exaggerate the virtues of this board. If anything, it underestimates them!

So big fat Thank you for making this board an enjoyable place even for a newbie like me! :flowers:

I totally agree! :TRFrules: Thanks to all the moderators - and thanks to amandamrgt, I finally got to use that smilie :flowers:!

Well, all this thanks to the moderators is certainly appreciated but let's not forget what is most important to keep TRF an interesting, open & friendly forum: our members! So thanks to you all... :)

I have already read all my notifications. Thank you! :flowers:

To Warren; whenever Chaz needs technical help ,Chaz can count on Warren to solve the problem. Prost mein Freund.

To Tosca; Thank you for your recent labours on my behalf. So glad your my friend! Karl

I also thank you for photo's and information from the royal family's.I hope this is the right place to do this. gr. Barber

Here's to the most fabulous team of moderators I've ever [known] ;-)

You guys really do a great job. Cheers.

Thank you for providing an excellent web site. It is by far the best and is a virtual treasure trove: the educational opportunities offered can only further students in their pursuit of learning more about the history which has and continues to impact the world we live in today.

Thank you for providing an excellent web site. It is by far the best and is a virtual treasure trove: the educational opportunities offered can only further students in their pursuit of learning more about the history which has and continues to impact the world we live in today.
It is! And it is VERY WELL modded!! :flowers: Not like some sites we have been on, huh? :whistling:

:D

:TRFrules:

Everyone especially the mods make this place so friendly and inviting so a big thank you​

A big "thank you" to all of you!!

I believe that it's my turn to thank all of you for the good work you're doing!!And forgive us if we're overreacting sometimes...You know that everything is written and we can't always understand if something is written in a good mood.Misunderstandings can be very often.
Once again,thank you!!All the best wishes!!:flowers:

Where are the new posts?

Hey Admins

I and others on this board would like to say thank you for your hard work you do on this board. It never goes unoticed- This board is an excellent board and thank you for keeping it going. I know its a hard job

Keep up the good work.

I agree! This webiste is like an addiction - I could spend all day on it!
I don't know how you all find the time to wade through all of our rantings and ravings and keep everything straight and keep us all on track -

Thank you!

Where are the new posts?

If you hit the New Posts link on the blue bar at the top of the forum page you should get a list of them. The link was working last time I tried it.

I would just like to say thank you to the moderators for this post at the Polls, Games and Quizzes thread. It was actually quite irritating to see at least two to three threads there degenerating into an extension of the "Anything You Would Like to Share?" thread. Thank you, thank you. ;)

WOW -- What A Place Here!

I have spent this evening just reading and absorbing all the wonderful info here. I'm sorry I didn't post much, but please give me a little more time. I lose myself in reading things and I forget that I'm supposed to post and not be a lurker.
I'm not a lurker; I love to read, and with all the posts and stuff here, this is a history lover's dream! I've just been reading and reading, and I think this place is most impressive and most informative!
I will post more, I promise. But this is terrific!
Kudos to whoever started this place, and thank you for allowing me here.
Purrs,
Pook

Welcome to the forums pook and glad you enjoy and find this a wonderful place.

I have spent this evening just reading and absorbing all the wonderful info here. I'm sorry I didn't post much, but please give me a little more time. I lose myself in reading things and I forget that I'm supposed to post and not be a lurker.
I'm not a lurker; I love to read, and with all the posts and stuff here, this is a history lover's dream! I've just been reading and reading, and I think this place is most impressive and most informative!
I will post more, I promise. But this is terrific!
Kudos to whoever started this place, and thank you for allowing me here.
Purrs,
Pook

You'll have made Marengo's day with that comment. He's worked really hard to add historical content around the forum. So have many of the other moderators and admins, but it's a particular passion of Marengo's.

Just in case you haven't done enough reading yet:whistling:, don't forget to check out our articles site: The Royal Articles

You'll have made Marengo's day with that comment. He's worked really hard to add historical content around the forum. So have many of the other moderators and admins, but it's a particular passion of Marengo's.

Just in case you haven't done enough reading yet:whistling:, don't forget to check out our articles site: The Royal Articles

Oh, wow! Well, in my honest opinion Marengo has done a terrific job and so have the mods and admin. I showed my daughter this, and she adores it. We were wrestling the laptop back and forth, reading, and saying, "Ohhhh, look at this!" and "Geez, I didn't know that!" and we would fall out of the forum following links...which led to more links...and more...LOL!
My dear daughter is a history buff as I am, and she visits on weekends with my dear grandson. Kory (my grandson) was fascinated with the pictures and he enjoyed it too. He's in first grade now.
My dear daughter, Jen (short for Jennifer) and I wish to instill in him a sense of history; how things came about to make this world as we know it now, and who made changes and differences.
We have spent the MOST enjoyable, informative, and fun evening together here on the couch on my laptop. Kory is in bed now, but my Jen is still up with me and we want to see more!
Thank you! What a wonderful resource and a place to learn!
We'd better get back to Prince Philip before Jen decides to punch me LOL!
Purrs,
Pook and Jen

Back
Top Bottom