Thank you to the Admins and Moderators

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you to all Moderators and members for a wonderful 2006.

Happy New Year from here in New Zealand. I'd do all the whistles and bells, but I've just come off late shift, and believe me, late shift is not fun in the silly season. Nevertheless, Happy New Year, and may 2007 bring us much joy and entertainment. :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2:

Happy New Year to you all, too!

I'd like to add my thanks also for a wonderful, informative message board. Here in the states, we don't get much news (actually, no news) on members of the 'other' Royal Families except for Britain. This is where I have to come to see the photos and keep up on things. This message board is very well run and the members are very courteous. This is the best message board out there, in my experience. Kudos to you and Happy New Year!

Thanks for the vote of cofidence!

(she says, after having been an admin for about two weeks!)

Well Elspeth, now about two years down the track, I'll stand by it still!!! :)

I had no idea it had been that long....:D

A wonderful board--this is my de-stresser after long days! The administrators do a fantastic job here!

Well I take it thats a pleasant surprise. I'm pleased.

Thank you to ysbel

As ysbel seems to have retired as a moderator at TRF, I would like to say a big thank you for all the work she has done over the years and to tell her how much she will be missed. She always seemed to calm troubled waters and dealt with everyone in a fair and unbiased manner, so......

THANK YOU

respect-046.gif

Wait a minute--Ysbel has retired as moderator? Where have I been? If this is true, then Ysbel I will miss you. Skydragon said that you calmed trouble waters and treated everyone fairly and this is quite true. Thank you for keeping us on track.

Wait a minute--Ysbel has retired as moderator? Where have I been?

Apparently you haven't been reading the newsletter...

If this is true, then Ysbel I will miss you. Skydragon said that you calmed trouble waters and treated everyone fairly and this is quite true. Thank you for keeping us on track.

We tried to talk her out of it, but she has other real-life issues and interests which are taking up her time. She knows she's welcome to come back any time, though.

In the meantime, Polly has very bravely agreed to take on ysbel's mantle and join the British moderation team, and TheTruth has been press-ganged into taking on the challenge of moderating the Diana Princess of Wales subforum. We're still a bit short-handed because Avalon has been having internet access problems ever since the protests and disturbances in Armenia at the beginning of March. One of these days we hope to be back to full strength.

Such sad news!:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:..... I would like to thank ysbel for doing an amazing job as a moderator.:flowers:
[snipped] We're still a bit short-handed because Avalon has been having internet access problems ever since the protests and disturbances in Armenia at the beginning of March. One of these days we hope to be back to full strength.
I am looking forward to seeing Avalon again!:flowers:

Apparently you haven't been reading the newsletter...

We tried to talk her out of it, but she has other real-life issues and interests which are taking up her time. She knows she's welcome to come back any time, though.

In the meantime, Polly has very bravely agreed to take on ysbel's mantle and join the British moderation team, and TheTruth has been press-ganged into taking on the challenge of moderating the Diana Princess of Wales subforum. We're still a bit short-handed because Avalon has been having internet access problems ever since the protests and disturbances in Armenia at the beginning of March. One of these days we hope to be back to full strength.

Having been duly chastised I am off to read the newsletter :coach:

And, I can only say that TheTruth has taken on one challenge.
But, this is about Ysbel and I shall miss her.

We're still a bit short-handed because Avalon has been having internet access problems ever since the protests and disturbances in Armenia at the beginning of March.

oof. one of the worst ways to lose internet connection.:bang: now I know why we've been missing Avalon.

Anyways, thanks too Ysbel for all the work and best wishes!

Thank you for the kind words everybody! :)

Right now I'm bedridden by this awful case of the flu but I'm looking forward to some of the exciting events around here later like some of the book club selections.

Wishing you all the best in whatever life pursuits lay ahead.

Though we may not have agreed on some subjects Ysbel I always respected your opinons which were always fair. Best wishes Ysbel and I hope you get well soon.:flowers:

Uh, I'd like to apologize to everyone for me and my Russopobia pals in driving Ysbel off from her moderator post. . . .

:D

Ysbel, you're and excellent Mod! Thanks for being Bill O'Reilly fair and balanced!

(Couldn't resist Countess!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D)

oh no:verysad:! Ysbel you were one of the best mods there! we are gonna miss you very much, you did an amazing job!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
as long as you stay on TRF it's not so bad!:hug:

I have to add my thanks and express my appreciation for the Moderators and Administrators on this forum. You all do a tremendous job and expeditiously handle any and all problems. Every now and again a rabble rouser slips in and starts posting garbage. They are dealt with swiftly and effectively, keeping this the fun, informative forum it is meant to be. Sooooo -- THANKS!

:clap:

Cat

Monaco Forum Moderator

I tried to reply a private message to Mandy, Monaco Forum Moderator, who deleted one of my posts, but it was not possible, there are many Mandies, and I do not know which one she is.

I was saying in that intended reply that I did not do a diagnostic, as she states, but very clearly stated that I suggest depression in Andrea´s eyes.

I repeat here that my simpathy to the Grimaldi family and especially the Casiraghi trio are very well documented in these forums. They are three nice kids who suffered a terrible loss so early in their lives, and that prompts my compassion and simpathy.

Many not kind posts on the subject are not deleted, and at least one racist and prejudiced {deleted name of poster - Elspeth} was not deleted either.

Last edited by a moderator:
tan berry, if you want to respond to a private message, just hit the Reply button at the bottom of the message.

If you want to see the list of forum moderators and admins, just go to the main forum page

The Royal Forums - Powered by vBulletin

and click the "View Forum Leaders" link on the blue band directly under the list of forums.

Alternatively, there's a sticky in this forum which gives a link to the list of moderators and admins

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/royal-forums-moderation-admin-team-12105.html

You can see the list of moderators of each forum at the bottom right of the main page for that forum; the list of Monaco moderators is on this page at the bottom right:

Princely Family of Monaco - The Royal Forums

If you're concerned about some of the posts that are still in that thread, please let one of the Monaco moderators know by PM which posts you mean, and they'll have another look. In the meantime, I've deleted the name of the poster that you mentioned in connection with the racist and prejudiced post, but I'll let the Monaco moderators know by PM and they can look out for the post.

To get back to your original point - since depression is a medical condition, and since we've been quite strict about not letting people claim that various royals look as though they have anorexia or AIDS or bipolar disease or any other medical condition, the same standard was applied to your post. This may simply be a function of your not being a native English speaker and not understanding that you were talking about an actual illness. If you were trying to say that you thought Andrea's eyes looked sad or haunted or something, rather than that they gave the impression that he was suffering from a clinical condition, I'm sure the moderators will be happy to edit your post and restore it.

I did hit the Reply button but there was no space left to write. Anyway, according to a recent test I had to quit, I am an idiot.:ermm:

I understand, Elspeth, thanks. :)

Hellllllppppppppp!!!!!! You good people know that I am hopelesssly brain dead and totally deranged. I am not even confident enough to know if I can spell totally ?() much less handle a computer. so here I get this messsage from outer cyberspace from this individual who wants (sob) to BE MY FRIEND. Now I know that NOBODY LOVES ME so I am just simply overwhelmed and speechless (or is that speachless))))??? In any case if anyone can stand the presence of my company far be it from me to say nay to such a perfectly reasonable but all too rare a request. I tried to send a response via the computer and being a computer braindead I could not do it. So now what do I do??? Between the lyme disease and my addiction to chocolate my nerves are in tatters anyway. do you know that the other day they had ice cream on sale for half price and I bought only two gallons of the stuff of which ONLY ONE HALF Gallon was a souped up version of chocolate. NOw that is iron will power indeed. Yes, I must be strong. KIndly let me know which button I must click and which spaces I must fill out. Cheers.

So how do you like our new upgraded system, Thomas? :D

Thomas, isn't it about time you got yourself an avatar?

Have a look at the top blue bar that appears on every page. Click on UserCP. This is your personal control panel and you can explore it without doing any damage.

Under the Networking heading you'll see the friend request(s).
Under Settings & Options you'll see how to select and add an avatar.

Give it a go! :)

We have a whole gallery of avatars of royal jewels you can choose from, Thomas. :D

Or just tell us what your favourite tiara is, and one of the admins can add the avatar for you.

I am thoroughly enjoying my time on this forum, and thanks to all you hard workers.
Just one thing, I am a bit of a "computer for dummies" person, is there a place to go where you can see your own posts? I get so interested in so many different subjects that I have difficulty finding them and remembering them and then quite by chance I see I haven´t answered a question or such. There may be a way so I would be very pleased and grateful if someone would point it out...

If you go to your profile page, there should be a page called statistics. There you can find a link with "find all posts started by Menarue" and "find all threads started by Menarue", if I'm remembering right!

Also, you can just click on your username in any of your posts, and choose "Find all posts by Menarue" in the drop-down menu.

The great thing about the software that runs these forums is that there's usually more than one way to do something.

But it's probably worth your while to spend a bit of time on your profile page (click on your username, and choose "View Public Profile" which is the first item in the drop-down menu), clicking the various links and seeing what's there.

Back
Top Bottom