The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=sesa;1211175]well, I'm undecided right now on the change. on the home page listed under "royal News" everything is scrunched to the right side of my screen and listed 1 word per line row going straight down the page. QUOTE]
yes I get this too - any advice?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Royal Highness

Can anyone get to the non-reigning Italian royalty section from the top pull down bar?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Courtier

I am beginning to be totally frustrated with the new site and its opening page. I have no way to get to the portal..... My only options on the opening page are Royal News, Articles and Rules. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Can anyone get to the non-reigning Italian royalty section from the top pull down bar?
Yes I can.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
I am beginning to be totally frustrated with the new site and its opening page. I have no way to get to the portal..... My only options on the opening page are Royal News, Articles and Rules. Is anyone else having this problem?
I'm sorry you're having difficulty. Are you clicking on the link to 'portal' at the top of the page? Can you describe what happens if/when you do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	trf portal link.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	276287
Old 03-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I'm sorry you're having difficulty. Are you clicking on the link to 'portal' at the top of the page? Can you describe what happens if/when you do?

Attachment 276287

I have the same problem
the link "portal" is not on the front page - I first have to go to for ex a reigning house, then the ink portal is on that page (2.)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Administrator

What browser are you using and what version is it?
eg Firefox 3.6.14, IE 8.0 etc

If you are using Internet Explorer, try clicking on Tools -> Compatability View and see if that makes a difference.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM
TRF Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
There should now be a link on the homepage for the portal as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Now I've had a chance to get used to it, I just wanted to say I think the side bar on the right is a good idea, because it draws my attention to discussions taking place on other pages I usually don't visit, and has me wandering off to see what's happening there. It also helps that I know I can get rid of it if I want to.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interface Admin View Post
There should now be a link on the homepage for the portal as well.
You are a lifesaver Interface Admin. Thank you, Thank you. I found my way here with no problems and I am a happy Royal Forumer...once again.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

Attachment 276287
Sorry I didn't get back to you Janet H. I am studying full time, working full time, being a full time mum and house wife and I don't get here as often as I would like. Thankfully Interface Admin has fixed my problem and I am now able to get to the portals.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Back in the old layout, I often flicked through the new threads to see if there is something interesting going on without logging on.

In the new layout, this is possible by using the Portal link but unfortunately when clicking on the latest threads there is a straight direction to the first page of the repective thread and no option to click on the last page in order to see the latest post, as it used to be.

Is this done on purpose or can it be changed? Its so much more convenient to have an option to go straight to the latest post when wanting to read an updated thread.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Commoner

The new site is lovely! I really like the layout, it's so clean and easy to navigate! Thank you to everyone who worked on it, I know it's a big job!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:23 AM

I just noticed that the Facebook page has been updated with the new logo, it looks neat! Are the Twitter page and Articles also getting makeovers?

The Membership FAQ link on the footer bar seems to be missing.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Back in the old layout, I often flicked through the new threads to see if there is something interesting going on without logging on.

In the new layout, this is possible by using the Portal link but unfortunately when clicking on the latest threads there is a straight direction to the first page of the repective thread and no option to click on the last page in order to see the latest post, as it used to be.

Is this done on purpose or can it be changed? Its so much more convenient to have an option to go straight to the latest post when wanting to read an updated thread.
Yeah I am finding this change a bit annoying also. I was much easier and quicker the old way. Other than that the changes are nice.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
TRF Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Heres an attachment, if you click the little blue box with the ">" arrow in it, it should direct you straight to the last post of that thread.

I'm not sure what you mean, but that is how you can get to the latest post. Maybe I'm just mis-reading the post though.

EDIT: I believe you might be saying that you want to go to your first unread post since your last visit? I can look into that for you. However, you can also use those arrows for the time being until I can get in to update it to work as before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	276345  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interface Admin View Post
Heres an attachment, if you click the little blue box with the ">" arrow in it, it should direct you straight to the last post of that thread.

I'm not sure what you mean, but that is how you can get to the latest post. Maybe I'm just mis-reading the post though.
perfectly understood and yes the arrow is working, thanks!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Nobility

I'm slightly confused about the option "Today's Posts" at the menu bar. Usually I like to scroll through the recents posts by clicking "Today's Posts" without need to sign in. In the old site it worked correctly. By clicking "Today's Posts" you had several pages containing today's and even yesterday's posts. Easy to scroll topics and check recent discussion.

How do you do that in the new site if you don't want to sign in? If you click the "Today's posts", it gives you a search box! You are not able to reach older posts than those presented on the first page of "Portal". Or am I.? :-)

Only once you have logged in, you are able to see the recent posts (chronological list containing several pages), whether by clicking option called "New posts" or behind "Quick Links" > "Today's Posts".
Old 03-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

Much as I like the design layout, I do find it frustrating at times to have the advert strip blocking some of the links from the forums drop down menu. I know I can choose the portal tab instead & navigate from there but why should adverts impede our use of the forums?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I asked the same question Elly C, and it's still happening to me. We never had the adverts before why do we have them now?