The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Courtier

"Rolling" Pictures at top of page

Hello all!

I love the rolling montage of pictures at the upper right of each screen. However, I must now confess a bit of ignorance and throw myself on the mercy of the administrators or others, to ID the "line-up."

Can anyone fill in the I-don't-knows from below?

On the roster of royals that flips more quickly, the royals are:

Spain (Felipe & Letizia) UK (Elizabeth II) Denmark (Frederick & Mary) I-don't-know; Netherlands (Maxima & Willem-Alexander.)

On the roster of royals that "hangs" a bit longer, the royals are:

I-don't-know; Jordan (Abdullah II & Rania) Sweden (Crown Princess Victoria) Norway (Haakon & Mette-Marit) and... I-don't-know.

Any fine minds out there willing to help?

Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

The second group includes: CP Mathilde and Lalla Salma. I can't identify everyone in the first group.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The royal next to Frederik & Mary is Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei, the wife of Crown Prince Al-Muhtadee Billah of Brunei.

Next to Abdullah and Rania is Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium. And the last Royal (next to Haakon & Mette-Marit) is Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco, the wife of King Mohammed VI of Morocco.

The whole list would be:
First Rotating Picture: Crown Prince Felipe & Crown Princess Letizia of Spain - Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom - Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary of Denmark - Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei - Crwon Prince Willem-Alexander & Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands
Second Rotating Picture: Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium - King Abdullah & Queen Rania of Jordan - Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden - Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway - Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Courtier

That sigh you hear...

Is happiness, like a cat stretching from a nap.

Thank you!
Old 07-22-2007, 01:34 AM
Serene Highness

Yay! Thank you! I always wanted to know who everybody up there was!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:50 PM

Sometimes I am a little bit mezmerized by the rotating pics up there. Apparently I knew them all except Lalla Salma. Those Moroccan royals usually evade my range of recognition. The Brunei princess I knew from face-recognition but had forgotten her name. Is there any chance of having a new set? Do they rotate with another set periodically?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's the only set which was made, although I think there was also a black-and-white version. Not sure if it's still available, though.

There are certainly enough royals that we could have another set of completely different ones from this lot, and then there are all those historical ones...

I don't know if Andy would be up for changing the banner from time to time if there were alternatives. There's something to be said for familiarity; if the banners kept changing, some of the guests might think they were somewhere else.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
There's something to be said for familiarity; if the banners kept changing, some of the guests might think they were somewhere else.
I think I might be one of those now you put it that way!
Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 AM
Serene Highness

I think the one you have is fine. Yes, there is something called familiarity.