Quick Reply and quoting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sister Morphine

Heir Apparent
City
The Land of 10,000 Starbucks
Country
United States
Maybe there's something I'm missing, but is there anyway for the message I choose to quote ending up in the quick reply box insted of automatically taking me to the reply page? A bit of a picky thing I know, but I like using the quick reply box and I could have sworn that at one time, if you clicked "quote" and you had QR enabled, that's where it would go.

Thanks for any and all help. :)

I'll ask Andy if he knows if that's possible.

I don't think the software has ever done that. I know you can click the button next to the quote and it will then "tag" that post as the one you are replying to but it will not copy the text of the message into the quick reply box.

The only way I have ever known the software to be setup was to click quote and go to the full reply page. We did change to vBulleting back in 2004 and maybe that was an option on our old software?

I am really lost here, and I know it's a stupid question since everybody else does it easily, but how do you post a quote and it appears in the grey box ?

You can do it 2 ways
Type in this:
["QUOTE"][/"QUOTE"]
But remove the "" marks that are around the Quote
Or use the button that looks like a bubble that you would see on a cartoon. Its the 4th button from the end on the right side (when you use the Post reply button. If you do a quick reply its the last button- next to the insert image button)

Lady Jennifer said:
You can do it 2 ways
Type in this:
But remove the "" marks that are around the Quote
Or use the button that looks like a bubble that you would see on a cartoon. Its the 4th button from the end on the right side (when you use the Post reply button. If you do a quick reply its the last button- next to the insert image button)

I'll try it.

It worked ! Thank you, Lady Jennifer !

directions

I am really lost here, and I know it's a stupid question since everybody else does it easily, but how do you post a quote and it appears in the grey box ?

like this click quote a grAy box will open then type your info

Back
Top Bottom