The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 04-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,899
Yes, I think a lot of us are having the problem. It's probably a result of the server move followed by the move back. I hope that when Andy gets the server sorted out, these problems will go away. Realistically, we may be stuck with this problem until then.
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 04-25-2006, 02:40 AM
RhapsodyBrat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cavite City, Philippines
Posts: 1,400
i thought about that too, but i was thinking that things might have been sorted out already when we moved back to the old server. well, it's obvious we still have glitches.

thanks very much Elspeth!
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 05-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
You should be able to paste things into the reply box. I can't copy anything in the reply box (which is a nuisance), but I can paste stuff from elsewhere into it.
And with "from elsewhere" you mean a second quote for example, don't you? Because then: nope. Not possible. Still not. :( And TRF are the only MB where I have this problem. I do not have the faintest idea why it's here, but nowhere else. :(
__________________
  #24  
Old 05-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kansas City, United States
Posts: 36
Andy and Moderators are doing a GREAT job! Thanks!!
My only problem is that I read slower than people post!
If I am checking out the "new posts" and there are 4 pages of messages, and I am only on page 1, 2, or 3 and someone posts a new message, I get that nasty message "Sorry, No matches...". So I lose out reading any new messages that have been posted since I last read posts. Until someone else posts to that thread. Of course sometimes I run across the new message while doing the forum search.
Thanks for letting me vent.
__________________
  #25  
Old 05-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom N Me
Andy and Moderators are doing a GREAT job! Thanks!!
My only problem is that I read slower than people post!
If I am checking out the "new posts" and there are 4 pages of messages, and I am only on page 1, 2, or 3 and someone posts a new message, I get that nasty message "Sorry, No matches...". So I lose out reading any new messages that have been posted since I last read posts. Until someone else posts to that thread. Of course sometimes I run across the new message while doing the forum search.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Have you tried just clicking on New Posts again after you get that message? That always re-shows the new threads since I last clicked on it, including the ones I had not read previously and ones posted while I was reading another thread.
__________________
  #26  
Old 05-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Elizabeth_Leona's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 63
just ignore it that's what I do, I don't post anything cause I prefer looking at pictures and find reading posts boring...no offence to anyone :o

I love pictures and this is a good site for them!
__________________
~*Life is a journey, not a guided tour*~
  #27  
Old 05-25-2006, 05:18 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..
Hello alexisrjt it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation [link omitted] with another member in any one of our forums?
To Moderator
Sometime I have to go for several weeks or even months due to my job or holiday (lucky me mostly I still able to post a few thing), but once time I was not abble to use internet at all for two months because it is not available in the place I had to stayed for while (I got pm from moderator just to give my pasword incase I lost it and not able to sign up:) ). What should I do to avoid my membership being annule if in the future I will face the same situation (have to stay in no internet zone).
__________________
  #28  
Old 05-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
To Moderator
Sometime I have to go for several weeks or even months due to my job or holiday (lucky me mostly I still able to post a few thing), but once time I was not abble to use internet at all for two months because it is not available in the place I had to stayed for while (I got pm from moderator just to give my pasword incase I lost it and not able to sign up :) ). What should I do to avoid my membership being annule if in the future I will face the same situation (have to stay in no internet zone).
galuhcandrakirana, the only memberships "annulled" are those that have been inactive for at least a year or two. You have nothing to worry about. :)
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #29  
Old 05-26-2006, 02:41 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
galuhcandrakirana, the only memberships "annulled" are those that have been inactive for at least a year or two. You have nothing to worry about. :)
Thanks warren..... glad to know about it.
__________________
  #30  
Old 10-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Toledo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain, residing in the USA, United States
Posts: 1,523
I was looking for a thread where to post this question about getting log off so I guess this one is the closest one:
If I log in and I am reading for a while, the moment I want to refresh the screen or just reply I notice I've been logged off. Sometimes it happens as I am typing a post or if the Royal Forums window is open while I open another window to look up other news.
It's been like that for a few months so I got used to constantly log in as soon as I notice I've been logged out. Maybe one of our techs has an answer on how to remain logged in?

I use Explorer and Norton's Internet protection, but I checked the settings and could not find anything that relates to being logged off the forum automatically. Anyone has the same problem?
__________________
  #31  
Old 10-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,907
I have that problem when I am using Public Computer. If you are using a private computer, click the 'remember me' button, and the problem will be solved (at least it was for me).

If you are using a Public cumputer, I guess you will just have to keep up with it, since I don't think it's safe to click the 'remember me' buttom on public Cumputer. Or you can click it, but don't forget to log off, after leaving the Forum.

Hope it helps.
__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
  #32  
Old 10-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Toledo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain, residing in the USA, United States
Posts: 1,523
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow and let you know in this post. I log in with a laptop and some other times with the pc, depending on what room I'm in (we have several pc's in the home). Goodnight! (it's 11:12 pm, time to go for me)
__________________
  #33  
Old 10-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Toledo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain, residing in the USA, United States
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I have that problem when I am using Public Computer. If you are using a private computer, click the 'remember me' button, and the problem will be solved (at least it was for me).

If you are using a Public cumputer, I guess you will just have to keep up with it, since I don't think it's safe to click the 'remember me' buttom on public Cumputer. Or you can click it, but don't forget to log off, after leaving the Forum.

Hope it helps.
It works...too well!
I shut down my laptop last night and today I turned in on and entered the Forum. I was already signed in. At least I was not logged off automatically. But tonight I'll make sure I log off the Forum completely instead of just closing the browser window and unplugging the battery.
Thanks Avalon!
__________________
  #34  
Old 10-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
It works...too well!
I shut down my laptop last night and today I turned in on and entered the Forum. I was already signed in. At least I was not logged off automatically. But tonight I'll make sure I log off the Forum completely instead of just closing the browser window and unplugging the battery.
Thanks Avalon!
Glad it works TOleado.
If you click 'remember me', then every time you enter the board, you are automatically logged in. That's why I told you to be careful to log off, when you use public computer, rather then simply closing the board.
__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
  #35  
Old 10-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Toledo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain, residing in the USA, United States
Posts: 1,523
I noticed! My laptop seems to be always connected automatically to the forum ever since I pressed the 'remember me' button.
My fault too because for three days I've been forgetting to log off, then log in again and uncheck it. Tonight when I log off I'll make sure the Remember me box is unchecked. Thanks for the advice though, at least now I am not being logged off the forum in the middle of reading or posting a message.
__________________
  #36  
Old 10-13-2007, 11:44 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,403
Why are there so many cliques on the forum and why do some members gang up on certain members for no reason?
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #37  
Old 10-13-2007, 11:51 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 17,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
why do some members gang up on certain members for no reason?
It simple, you say something they dont like or dis-agree . I know its not too nice because your just giving an opinion but those are the reason imo
  #38  
Old 10-13-2007, 12:07 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
It simple, you say something they dont like or dis-agree . I know its not too nice because your just giving an opinion but those are the reason imo
I don't care about that.... I just hate it when some members decide they want to insult me for no reason, because they decide they don't like me or where I come from or my attitude or something. So I guess there's just no solution. I'll just add them to the ignore list. No reason to even read their crap. It just demoralizes me.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #39  
Old 10-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 13,882
Well, if you feel that there are cliques here with coordinated ill behavior towards other members / yourself, please contact one of the moderators in a private message about that so we can look into it and see what we can do! It certainly is not a situation we want to have here, far from that!
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #40  
Old 10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Thomas Parkman's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 530
Well, good people, beat me, make me write bad checks, call me Cuthburt, call me Percy, call me Aethelred the Unready, call me anything, JUST CALL ME. Those sensitive souls here need not worry. At least nobody is ignoring you. Somebody must think that you are important enough to insult. Which is good. You have gotten under their skin.

As the Court Jester In Residence here I can proudly boast that on more than one occasion I have even roused the wrath of the moderators-the word AHEM was never more Jehovah like-irritated the members when trying to actually complement them and had certain of my more malodorous comments deleted. And I have survived and come back for more??? Am I sick, crazy or what? So do not worry. You are not alone. I too, sniffffff, am sensitive. Cheers.

PS. Having a sense of humour certainly helps.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals diana engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess charlene daytime fashion princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]