Message Alert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeatrixFan

Majesty , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if anyone else is having this trouble but....

When I get a PM, I get a box as soon as I log-in to tell me. So I click it. And then I read the message and usually, thats it - the top box goes back to Unread 0 Total however many. But at the moment, every time I log-in, the old messages show as unread and I get an alert box to tell me I have new messages when I don't.

Strange or what? :ermm:

BeatrixFan said:

When I get a PM, I get a box as soon as I log-in to tell me. So I click it. And then I read the message and usually, thats it - the top box goes back to Unread 0 Total however many. But at the moment, every time I log-in, the old messages show as unread and I get an alert box to tell me I have new messages when I don't.

I've also had this and I sometimes recieve messages a few days after they've been sent (even though I've been online the day or day after they were actually sent) :wacko:

Is it happening regularly, BeatrixFan?

Yup. Every login.

I'll let Andy know, then, and he can get his techies to take a look at what might be causing it.

Ok. Thanks Elspeth.

What happens to me when i get a PM alert is that when i click 'OK' to the alert "Do you want to open the message in the same window?" (or something like that), i just get re-directed to the main portal and not to my Inbox. my understanding of the pop-up notice is that i should be directed towards my Inbox if i click 'OK' to the message, but turns out i have to open the PM 'manually.' is that how it's supposed to work?

thanks!

RhapsodyBrat said:
What happens to me when i get a PM alert is that when i click 'OK' to the alert "Do you want to open the message in the same window?" (or something like that), i just get re-directed to the main portal and not to my Inbox. my understanding of the pop-up notice is that i should be directed towards my Inbox if i click 'OK' to the message, but turns out i have to open the PM 'manually.' is that how it's supposed to work?

thanks!
No, but it is an error we're aware of - and it is on the list of things to be fixed. :flowers:

BeatrixFan said:

Do you have two Royal Forum windows open? Is it possible that you might have had multiple windows with the same site (royalforums) on them all? Maybe that would explain why, because you might have just read the message on one window but not the others? Just a possibility.

okay, now i know i'm not making a mistake. :D thanks so much norwegianne!

Back
Top Bottom