Media and other requests for member assistance

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UK TV production company: Diana's Funeral - TRF members' assistance sought

This message was received by the Administrators and is reprinted here in full.
The company and the message are legitimate.
Members who wish to respond should do so by contacting Kufena Coulter at kufenac@monkeykingdom.com

==================================

I am contacting you from Monkey, one of the UK's leading independent television companies. We have been asked by Channel 4 to research and develop a tribute documentary to commemorate Diana's funeral.

As Diana was hailed as 'The People's Princess', what we are doing is creating a programme made up entirely of footage shot by members of the public who went to her funeral, and which shows their experience of that dramatic day. As well as using citizen journalist footage we would also want to interview some of the owners of the footage if they have a specially interesting story to tell about their memories of that day.

This forum is clearly the most active and subscribed to forum for people who have an interest in Royals and I wonder if I might be able to post an appeal for people to come forward with their footage and experiences of that day.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Kufena Coulter
kufenac@monkeykingdom.com
0207 749 3169

Monkey Kingdom » Monkey Factual

=====================================

Last edited:
Media enquiries to members

The Queen in 3D

This autumn, Channel 4 will be distributing 3D spectacles nationwide for a special week of programming which will celebrate the golden era of 3D footage.
Renegade Pictures are producing the centrepiece of the weekwhich for the first time on television will feature newly-discovered and unique 3D footage taken of Her Majesty during her Coronation year. The footage has been languishing in the vaults of the BFI and is part of a rare body of 3-D newsreel films shot in the 1950s. This spectacular footage includes The Queen attending Royal Engagements in the weeks leading up to and after the Coronation in 1953; a very Royal Epsom Derby which saw Her Majesty’s own horse compete, a trip down the Thames on the Royal Barge and the glittering Coronation Procession making its way to Westminster Abbey.

The 3-D quality of the films will show The Queen and 1950s Britain in a way never seen before, giving viewers the uncanny impression of being 'inside' the footage with Her Majesty herself.

We will be recording interviews with historians and social commentators to consider why the Corontaion Week is one of the most fondly remembered moments in the nation’s collective memory.

We are also looking for individuals who remember attending these historic events during the Coronation week:

The Coronation Procession - Maybe you camped over night in the Mall to get a front row seat? Or perhaps your only chance of glimpsing Her Majesty was through a periscope?

Epsom Derby - Did you place a bet on the Queen’s horse because of the occasion – and remember losing as a result? Or perhaps you were a bookmaker or worked as a runner, who could tell us about the odds that day?

EdinburghWere you present when Her Majesty was handed the keys to the City of Edinburgh?

Royal Barge journeying down the Thames – Did you see The Nore making its way from Tower Pier to Westminster?

If you are interested in sharing your story Renegade Pictures would love to hear from you. Please contact Hayley Reynolds on the following details:

02074493233 / hayley.reynolds@renegadepictures.co.uk
Renegade Pictures, Unit 5, 6 Erskine Road, London, NW3 3AJ

. . . . . . . . . .
please note: the bona fides of this request to members has been verified by the Administrators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help for a new television programme!

Hello Royal supporters! I'm working on a new television show and we're hoping to feature interviews with people who have written letters to Queen Elizabeth II. Of course the Palace have advised us that they cannot reveal anything about the correspondence, but they are very happy for us to seek it out as they know we are doing a programme to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. We'd love to hear from anyone, any age, who has ever written to Queen Elizabeth and might be willing to talk to us about the experience. We're hoping to hear about what moves people to write to her, what they hope will come of the experience and how the act of writing might represent something of how one feels when writing to Royalty. If you'd like to take part, please email me, Diane, at royalresearch74@gmail.com. All responses will be treated with absolute discretion. Many, many thanks for reading and I hope I'll hear from some of you letter writers!
Diane

BBC request for member assistance

The following message has been received from the BBC in London:

Melvyn Bragg’s – The Reel History of Britain

Next year, esteemed broadcaster Melvyn Bragg will be presenting a brand new series for BBC Two, telling the history of modern Britain through archive film footage, in association with the British Film Institute.

Over the 20-part series we’ll be touring the country in the UK's only surviving vintage mobile cinema – a converted Sixties Bedford van, complete with a 22-seat, fully tiered cinema and will be reuniting people with footage of their ancestors.

Along the way we want to hear your family’s stories. The personal accounts of how your ancestors lived through the momentous changes the twentieth century brought. Whether it’s a story, a photo, a diary or even a home movie we want to hear your account of the real history of Britain.

Some of the shows will be focusing on……

1. The Death of Queen Victoria in 1901 and the brief reign of Edward VII. If you have any stories of family members involved in the funeral, either as spectators or participants, or if any of your relatives were involved in the coronation of Edward VII we would love to hear from you particularly if you have any photos or know of any film footage from the time.

2. The Queen’s coronation in 1953. If you were involved in anyway with the coronation proceedings, or know someone who was, we’d love to hear your stories. Also if you remember your family buying their first television, or gathering round a neighbour’s to watch the ceremony we’d be interested in hearing your memories from the first time TV passed radio in the ratings, particularly if you have any photos or film footage from the time.

3. The Queen’s Jubilee in 1977. If you were involved in any way with the Silver Jubilee, from organising national events to enjoying a local street party, we’d love to hear from you, particularly if you have any photos or footage from the time.

Any story, no matter how small, could really add to the programme.

Please contact the production team by calling 0161 244 3289
Or you could email christopher.boreham@bbc.co.uk

Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher

Last edited:
The following message has been received from a BBC correspondent in Washington DC:

Hi there,

My name is Rajini and I'm a reporter with the BBC based in Washington DC.

I am looking to speak to a US-based Royal memorabilia collector as part of our pre William wedding coverage. Ideally to visit someone in the next four or five weeks.

Anyone who might be near DC or on the East Coast would be good.

I can be reached on rajini.vaidyanathan@bbc.co.uk or ph 202 841 4176,

best wishes,
Rajini

Casting TLC-Royal Wedding Special

Hey guys and gals,

Just want to let you know I am not spamming the board. Just trying to get the info out there and I have been looking through this site and wondering if any of you can help me.
I am casting this British Royal Wedding Special and are looking for people in the United States and Canada to feature on the show.
Below is the casting notice that we are sending out.
If there are any questions or know someone who would want to be on the show email me at the address below.

Cheers,
Kelli

Are you an over-the-top "ROYAL MEMORABILIA" collector?

If you are, then TLC wants to talk to you about featuring your collection (and you!) on their ROYAL WEDDING SPECIAL!
We are looking for collectors who REALLY take this seriously, that have MANY items in their collection and perhaps even fill a room or area in their home with the memorabilia! The collection can be from ANY period of British Royalty, but you also need to be interested in (and collecting for) the upcoming royal wedding in the spring!
If you take this very seriously and are constantly looking to expand your already large collection we want to hear from you!

Contact us RIGHT AWAY at:
RoyalCasting@semisweetproductions.com
Include your contact details / Photo / And photo of your
collection if possible.

Casting TLC-Royal Wedding Special

Hey guys and gals,

Just want to let you know I am not spamming the board. Just trying to get the info out there and I have been looking through this site and wondering if any of you can help me.
I am casting this British Royal Wedding Special and are looking for people in the United States and Canada to feature on the show.
If there are any questions or know someone who would want to be on the show email me at the address below.

Cheers,
Kelli

If you are, then TLC wants to talk to you about featuring your collection (and you!) on their ROYAL WEDDING SPECIAL!
We are looking for collectors who REALLY take this seriously, that have MANY items in their collection and perhaps even fill a room or area in their home with the memorabilia! The collection can be from ANY period of British Royalty, but you also need to be interested in (and collecting for) the upcoming royal wedding in the spring!
If you take this very seriously and are constantly looking to expand your already large collection we want to hear from you!

collection if possible.

casting for a Royal Wedding special - Royal Memorabilia collectors wanted

The following message has been received from Semi Sweet Productions, a television production house and reality TV casting company based in Ontario, Canada.

I am casting a British Royal Wedding Special and am looking for people in the United States and Canada to feature on the show.

Cheers,
Kelli

]
collection if possible.

film about the royal wedding

Hello Im a film maker from the National Film and Television school and I am making a film about the upcoming wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. I am looking for participants from different parts of Britain who plan to come to London and line the procession route. The film will look at the place of the royal family in Modern Britain. If you are interested in possibly taking part and want to find out more please email. It would be great to hear from all ages and from all parts of Britian and the world. Thanks

luciatambini@hotmail.com or ring 07974786092

Replica Diana Wedding Dresses

Hello,

My name is Mark Ferguson and I am a researcher working on a new BBC series looking at the Royal Weddings.

I am trying to track down one of the replica wedding dress made by Ellis Bridals on the day of the actual wedding. I know there were 5 dresses made, and 1 for D H Evans and Debenhams on Oxford Street, one for the Daily Telegraph which had a window on Fleet Street at the time and a 4th for Ellis Bridals , which was took to Trafalgar Square the next morning and which appeared on the "Good Morning America.’ TV programme.

Would anyone have any leads as to where these dresses ended up, or know anyone with any information? I would dearly love to find one, or speak to someone who wore a replica on their wedding day.

I would be very grateful for any information.

Thank you in advance.

Mark

mark.ferguson@bbc.co.uk

Did you witness the royal wedding?

I’m working on a major new ITV1 documentary which will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Royal wedding in 1981, and we're keen to locate and include amateur film, video and personal photos by people who were there on that momentous day.

Perhaps you filmed the Royal couple on their way to St Paul’s or captured one of the many street parties held in cities across the land?
Alternatively if you were amongst the crowds on 29th July 1981 we would love to hear your memories of that day!

If you shot any of the Royal celebrations in July 1981, or think you can help in any way, please give me a call on 0113 222 8956 or email at Andy.Beckett@itv.com

Request recieved from German broadcaster ZDF in London - looking for "avid Royal Wedding fans".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am a TV Producer working for German broadcaster ZDF in London (Germany's BBC).

I am contacting you because I have been asked to conduct research for a series of features in the run up to the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

There's huge anticipation about the event, and we are looking for some avid Royal Wedding Fans, who are big supporters of the couple, especially of Kate.

Perhaps there is even a group of friends that share their interest in the future princess.

Your forum appears to attract real genuine fans, which is what we are looking for. I was hoping you would be able to post or forward my request.

Anyone who is interested can get in touch with me, and I will be happy to answer questions they might have before committing to anything. They can get in touch with me via email:

RoyalWedding@me.com

Many thanks for your help and best wishes

Kathi

BBC request reg Duke and Duchess of Simpson

Witness, the oral history programme on the BBC, is hoping to interview someone who was at the Duke and Duchess of Windsor wedding, or who knew them at the time.

It was obviously some time ago, but have any of you come across an interview, a quote in a book, that could lead us on the right path?

Many thanks in advance,

Estelle

Request for assistance from members by BBC2

-------------------------------------------------------

The Reel History of Britain
presented by Melvyn Bragg

The Queen's Coronation in 1953

I'm working on a major new BBC2 history series presented by Melvyn Bragg called The Reel History of Britain. It will tell the story of British life in the twentieth century with rare archive film, which will be brought to life by people's stories and memories.

We're looking for people who have memories of the Queen's coronation in 1953. I'm hoping to find people who travelled great distances to be there, or perhaps who were involved in the catering, guards lining the route, street party memories, people who waited for days to catch a glimpse of the procession, or more generally anybody with an amazing story or memory of that day.

The Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977

We're looking at the Silver Jubilee too and would like to hear people's stories about their experiences of that event.

People are able to email us on reelhistory@bbc.co.uk, or call 0161 244 3289

(Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecoms provider's call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher.)

with thanks,
Nick Bowden

Request received from BBC 1 - Weddings of Princess Elizabeth & Princess Margaret

============================================================

BBC 1 are making two documentaries about Royal Weddings to coincide with the forthcoming wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. We are looking at all Royal weddings of the last 100 years, beginning with Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother in 1923.

I'm looking for anyone who was in the crowd outside Buckingham Palace for either
Queen Elizabeth II or Princess Margaret's wedding.

I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

Please contact me at catherine.phillips@bbc.co.uk

thank you!

Catherine Phillips
BBC 1, London

Monarchy lovers in Montreal?

Hello,
I am a journalist working for Agence France Presse (French Press Agency) and I am working on a story about the Monarchy and Quebec. I am currently looking for people living in Montreal and who love the royal family.
I would like to talk with them about the wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton and their visit to Canada (the first official trip of the couple).
Easy to find anti royal family in Montreal, not easy to find real fans of the Monarchy...
Thank you for your help,
Best Regards,

Fabrice Hoss
fabricehoss@gmail.com

Are you a Royal collector?

If you are then I would really like to talk to you!

The collection of royal items such as pictures can be from ANY period of British Royalty, but you also need to be interesed in (and collecting for ) the upcoming royal wedding in the spring!

I am a journalist in one of the largest newspapers in Norway, Bergens Tidende. I will be travelling to London later this month.

Looking forward to hear from you!

kristin.jansen@bt.no
Phone: 0047 95773692

Does anyone know someone that has a Duchess of York wedding dress replica?

Hi,

Does anyone know of someone that might have a Duchess of York (Sarah Ferguson) wedding dress replica? I am trying to find a person who has a copy of the dress for a TV show that I am working for and not having much luck.

Thanks to all who respond.

I want to do an interview with a collector and a fan of the British royal family. I would also like to see the collection if possible!

Request for assistance received from ABC News, USA

I'm a photo editor for ABCNews.com. I'm working on a story of royal wedding cakes and would like to request images of the following wedding cakes:

Queen Elizabeth
Princess Diana and Prince Charles
Prince Edward and Sophie
Princess Anne and Mark Phillips
Princess Victoria and Daniel (swedish 2010)
Grace Kelly when she married the prince of Monaco
Queen Rania and King Abdullah
Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson (Denmark)

Any help in obtaing the images would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Have a great day

Jeff

E-mail: jeffrey.r.swartz.-nd@abc.com

journalist from austria

Dear forum-users,

On occasion of the royal wedding in April, the KURIER, Austrias second biggest national daily (around 800.000 readers) will of course report extensively. (It's all the Habsburgs' fault, we are a royalty crazy country as well)
As a foreign affairs editor I will be in London beforehand to contribute reports and op eds.
I am looking for a convinced fan of the british royals, who has taken part in a former royal wedding, such as Diana&Charles or Andrew&Sarah, who wants to share his or her memories for our readers

I am also looking for a club of royalty-fans in the UK, which I could visit and have a chat with the members.

Thanks for any kind of help
all the best
Konrad

Konrad Kramar
foreign affairs editor
KURIER
Lindengasse 52
1170 Vienna, Austria
0043-1-52100-2725
0043-676-611-96-63
konrad.kramar@kurier.at

Media request for UK royalists

Hi there,

Endemol UK are making a brand new primetime Saturday night show, featuring couples from the UK.

We are looking for great characters to take part in this new comedy panel show.

Does your partner share your passion for the British Royal family?
Does your love of the Monarchy annoy your partner?
Do you have an enviable collection of all-things Royal?

Our comedy panel will be deciding once and for all who is right and who is wrong when it comes to the couples light-hearted quarrels.

To apply, email us at couples@endemoluk.com or call our hotline on 0333 577 7772

Media requests for member assistance

I am Padma Narayanaswamy an Indian script writer . I wanted to know about the social and cultural events of the Indian Princes during the British rule . Pl can anybody help me with it and thanks
padma

Need help casting a tv show

Hi guys, I'm trying to find some relatively young (15-23) princesses for a British TV show. They can come from anywhere so long as they are actual princesses! Has anyone got any recommendations?

Need help casting a television show

Hi guys, great forum am pleased to be here.
I'm currently working on a British tv show featuring young royals from around the world. I'm on the lookout for princesses aged between 15-23 who aren't too famous and might be interested in appearing on television. Has anyone got any ideas?

Princess Diana

Hello all,

I do hope I'm not offending anyone by posting here, I can assure you that is the least of my intentions. However, I wonder if you might be able to help me with a feature I'm working on for Prima magazine celebrating the Princess's life.

I'm trying to find people who have met the princess, no matter how fleetingly and talk about that experience. This is a feature to really mark the Princess's work and achievements and if anyone can help in any way at all I would be very grateful to hear from you at f.ford@yahoo.co.uk.

All best,

Fiona

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird and Wonderful Gifts

Hi there,

My name's Alex Sunier and I'm writing a feature for the Jersey Evening Post. We are doing a whole host of features for next Friday relating to the Royal Wedding (which newspaper isn't?).

Basically I'm trying to find a list of weird and wonderful gifts that the Royal couples have received over the years. I initially thought this would be an easy task, but it has proved harder than I thought.

If you guys know of any lists, or where I can go to find the info I need I will be very grateful.

Kind Regards

A Sunier

alexsunier@gmail.com

Would that TV show happen to be Undercover Princesses?
Shouldn't it be Undercover Princes this time around?

I have no idea how might want to be filmed. Though there are Italian prince/esses around. Everyone wants to get with an Italian:flowers:

Please let us have more information about the Royal Wedding of His Royal Highness Pri

Dear Warren

I'm the member of The Royal Forum I asked for help from Iceflower about the press release and chance to have the photos from them to publish in our weekly newspaper in English language.

UK TV production company: Diana's Funeral - TRF members' assistance sought

This message was received by the Administrators and is reprinted here in full.
The company and the message are legitimate.
Members who wish to respond should do so by contacting Kufena Coulter at kufenac@monkeykingdom.com

==================================

I am contacting you from Monkey, one of the UK's leading independent television companies. We have been asked by Channel 4 to research and develop a tribute documentary to commemorate Diana's funeral.

As Diana was hailed as 'The People's Princess', what we are doing is creating a programme made up entirely of footage shot by members of the public who went to her funeral, and which shows their experience of that dramatic day. As well as using citizen journalist footage we would also want to interview some of the owners of the footage if they have a specially interesting story to tell about their memories of that day.

This forum is clearly the most active and subscribed to forum for people who have an interest in Royals and I wonder if I might be able to post an appeal for people to come forward with their footage and experiences of that day.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Kufena Coulter
kufenac@monkeykingdom.com
0207 749 3169

Monkey Kingdom » Monkey Factual

Back
Top Bottom