Lost password retrieval

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KikkiB

Nobility
City
Hometown
Country
Norway
I've encountered this problem before, and have managed to get into it yet again. I can't remember my password for logging in at TRF:ohmy: Since I'm permanently logged in at TRF through my work computer, I've forgot the password. And now I might change job, so I thought I'd be up front dealing with the problem.

My questions are; Are there any way to retrieve the lost password? And how do you go about to do that?

If anyone can help me, I promise to write it down someplace secret so it doesn't happen the third time :flowers:

Password reminders are generally dealt with through the Support Desk.
Click on 'Contact Us' which is found on the bottom blue line of every page. You don't need to be logged into the site to use this function, guests can access it.

Warren said:
Password reminders are generally dealt with through the Support Desk.
Click on 'Contact Us' which is found on the bottom blue line of every page. You don't need to be logged into the site to use this function, guests can access it.

Thank you! I seldom scroll to the bottom of the page, so I hadn't noticed that there links there.

Alternatively (yes, we have backup systems here!), if you log in with your username but no password or an incorrect one, you'll be taken to a page which tells you that the login failed and gives you a link to click if you've forgotten your password. I'm not sure if clicking the link will result in having your password e-mailed to you or in sending you an e-mail to reset the password (it works differently on different boards).

The moral of the story is that you should be OK unless you've forgotten your e-mail address as well as your password.:D

Thank you! I seldom scroll to the bottom of the page, so I hadn't noticed that there links there.

Erm, that's where the link to the forum rules is, you know...:nonono::lol:

Elspeth said:
Alternatively (yes, we have backup systems here!), if you log in with your username but no password or an incorrect one, you'll be taken to a page which tells you that the login failed and gives you a link to click if you've forgotten your password. I'm not sure if clicking the link will result in having your password e-mailed to you or in sending you an e-mail to reset the password (it works differently on different boards).

The moral of the story is that you should be OK unless you've forgotten your e-mail address as well as your password.:D

Erm, that's where the link to the forum rules is, you know...:nonono::lol:

I think that back-up system is what failed me last time I ended up in this situation. But it's nice to be reminded of the options available. And for the forum rules, I have read them, but being rather absent minded, I tend to forget where I find things, hence losing my passwords :lol:

I think that back-up system is what failed me last time I ended up in this situation.

You mean you've done this before? I see...:D

You could always go the low-tech route and write your passwords down on a scrap of paper. Of course, if you go and forget where you put that, it won't help much!

Do you remember how that backup system failed last time? If there's a problem with it, we might need to do something.

Back
Top Bottom