The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
KikkiB's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hometown, Norway
Posts: 499
Lost password retrieval

I've encountered this problem before, and have managed to get into it yet again. I can't remember my password for logging in at TRF Since I'm permanently logged in at TRF through my work computer, I've forgot the password. And now I might change job, so I thought I'd be up front dealing with the problem.

My questions are; Are there any way to retrieve the lost password? And how do you go about to do that?

If anyone can help me, I promise to write it down someplace secret so it doesn't happen the third time
__________________

__________________


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,464
Password reminders are generally dealt with through the Support Desk.
Click on 'Contact Us' which is found on the bottom blue line of every page. You don't need to be logged into the site to use this function, guests can access it.
__________________

__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2007, 08:28 AM
KikkiB's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hometown, Norway
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Password reminders are generally dealt with through the Support Desk.
Click on 'Contact Us' which is found on the bottom blue line of every page. You don't need to be logged into the site to use this function, guests can access it.
Thank you! I seldom scroll to the bottom of the page, so I hadn't noticed that there links there.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,873
Alternatively (yes, we have backup systems here!), if you log in with your username but no password or an incorrect one, you'll be taken to a page which tells you that the login failed and gives you a link to click if you've forgotten your password. I'm not sure if clicking the link will result in having your password e-mailed to you or in sending you an e-mail to reset the password (it works differently on different boards).

The moral of the story is that you should be OK unless you've forgotten your e-mail address as well as your password.

Quote:
Thank you! I seldom scroll to the bottom of the page, so I hadn't noticed that there links there.
Erm, that's where the link to the forum rules is, you know...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-25-2007, 04:31 AM
KikkiB's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hometown, Norway
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Alternatively (yes, we have backup systems here!), if you log in with your username but no password or an incorrect one, you'll be taken to a page which tells you that the login failed and gives you a link to click if you've forgotten your password. I'm not sure if clicking the link will result in having your password e-mailed to you or in sending you an e-mail to reset the password (it works differently on different boards).

The moral of the story is that you should be OK unless you've forgotten your e-mail address as well as your password.



Erm, that's where the link to the forum rules is, you know...
I think that back-up system is what failed me last time I ended up in this situation. But it's nice to be reminded of the options available. And for the forum rules, I have read them, but being rather absent minded, I tend to forget where I find things, hence losing my passwords
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-25-2007, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,873
Quote:
I think that back-up system is what failed me last time I ended up in this situation.
You mean you've done this before? I see...

You could always go the low-tech route and write your passwords down on a scrap of paper. Of course, if you go and forget where you put that, it won't help much!

Do you remember how that backup system failed last time? If there's a problem with it, we might need to do something.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Korea - The Lost Empire Adrienna Other Non-Reigning Houses and Historical Monarchies 108 01-01-2019 05:16 PM




Popular Tags
belgian book british royal family camilla clothes commonwealth games current events current events thread danish royal family de belgique denmark duchess of cornwall duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of edinburgh earl of wessex fashion felipe vi forum germany gordon harry and meghan headship interesting facts interests jacobite juan carlos king felipe and queen letizia current events lady louise mountbatten-windsor letizia lineage meghan markle member nelson mandela bay norwegian royal family patron plantagenets porphyria prince aymeric prince harry prince harry of wales princenapoleon prince peter princess princess beatrice princess eugenie princess of belgium princess royal public image queen elisabeth queen elizabeth relationship remarriage royal royal ancestry royal ancestry; oscar and sophia royal family royal geneology royal wedding sarah duchess of york savoy state visit tom bower tradition van belgiŽ wedding wedding of prince harry windsor castle windy city ww1



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises