How can I get a profile picture?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coco

Aristocracy
City
. . .
Country
Germany
I noticed that a lot of members have profile pictures. I think of the pics next to the grey squares and the avatar which appears if you click on a members's username . . .

And what about the rules . . . may I use every picture or at least a small potion of a larger photo?

Ok I found it by myself. I was blind. It's under User CP, on the left side where you can edit your avatars and your profile too.
But what about the rules . . . ?

Ideally you should use a photo that isn't copyrighted, but I know some of our members do; since profile pictures aren't all that visible, we're not going to huge lengths to police them. However, if we receive requests from photographers or agencies to delete particular photos, we'll do it.

Some people post photos of themselves; it's up to you whether you want to do that.

Hi

I have selected a picture, and it shows up in the box, and I have clicked the checkbox, but when I post the picture doesn't show. Have I done something wrong?

Please Help!

I can see your profile picture OK, but you haven't got an avatar.

I can see your profile picture OK, but you haven't got an avatar.

Thanks for your reply. If my picture of CP Mary (which you can see but I can't) is my profile picture, then what is my avatar? Or have I misunderstood somewhere along the lines?

I'm Sorry - I don't like to be a nuisance!

Thanks, Marmi

Marmi, they are two different things, two (usually) different pictures in two separate locations.

The profile picture can only be seen when someone clicks on your username.
Your avatar picture will show up on every post you make.

To select a ready-made avatar image...

Click on UserCP
In the left hand column under 'Control Panel - Settings and Options' click on 'Edit Avatar'.
In the main body of the page click on the 'Avatar Category' down arrow.
This shows a drop-down list of the many avatar galleries.
Pick a gallery, scroll through the avatars, then click on a ready-made avatar of your choice.
At the bottom of the page, click on 'Save Changes'

or

Use a custom avatar

You can upload your own avatar direct from your PC. The picture size must be no bigger than 80 x 80 pixels.
To do this, on the same page towards the bottom, click on 'Use Custom Avatar'
Click 'Browse' and this will bring up a 'Choose File' box which is the link to your PC and stored pictures.
Select your picture, and click 'Save Changes' once.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Elspeth, I will not forget your kindness.
Think I've got it sorted now!

Back
Top Bottom