General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still cannot see any of Cambridge threads in the Recent discussions panel. Currently the Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background is in the new post section but not in the side panel.
I do get fashion threads now however.

I don't see Cambridge threads either in the side panel, although I get them in my subscriptions.

If Cambridge threads are not showing in the Recent Discussions panel on the Portal page you may need to clear your cache and history.

Attachments

• Recent Discussions.jpg
    Recent Discussions.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 197
This is about the electronic domain.

Is it possible to permanently attach a sticky post as the first one (always on top)) in threads that are about a particularly documentary?

I was just posting a reminder in De Kongelige Juveler/Royal Jewels thread and it occured to me that it would simpler if the link to the first (and second) part of the documentary was always up front. Of course with credit to the original poster. - Instead of new readers having to plough through several pages of posts.

Last edited:
No, posts are attached to threads in date order.
Reminders about upcoming programs are best-placed in the body of the thread as they are soon superceded. eg your post advising that part 2 of the jewels documentary will be shown tonight is valuable now but its usefulness "expires" in a matter of hours.

No, posts are attached to threads in date order.
Reminders about upcoming programs are best-placed in the body of the thread as they are soon superceded. eg your post advising that part 2 of the jewels documentary will be shown tonight is valuable now but its usefulness "expires" in a matter of hours.

I know.

And I didn't refer to my reminder. I referred to the permanent video link to the first part of the documentary and as soon as someone posts a permanent video link to the second part, it would be nice if these two links were placed on top.
The link in this post as a matter of fact, to be merged with the second part, whenever someone post it: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...r-documentary-2011-a-32248-5.html#post1345813

Last edited:
How come the TRF doesn't have an ignore button?

It does, for both threads and posters. You can edit your ignore list when you go into your profile.

Janet H said:
Can you tell me what browser you are using?

Google or yahoo. Thanks for your help. It has not happened today at all. Happy new year!

Oops. I just joined and already made a mistake. I didn't realize that there was a length limit on user names. How do I change it? I assume I have to contact someone to change it but not sure who.

:previous:

Welcome to the forums! :flowers: You can't change your username yourself, but an administrator
can do it for you, please write a private message to administrator Warren!

Thank you for the welcome. I just read in the frequently asked questions section that your username is pretty much set forever and that you have to have a really good reason to change it. It won't kill me to keep what I've got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I am sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering if I wanted to delete my account in the TRF is it permanently gone or is it like Facebook how you activate and deactivate !!??? & does the information from posts stay on the site or are they gone with the account !!!

It is long-standing Forum policy that unless there are extreme circumstances, member accounts with posts are not deleted. We will however edit or remove those posts where a member believes they have revealed too much personal information about themselves.

The information supplied by members at registration is contained in the member database. The database is not shared with anyone and is only accessable to Forum staff. Apart from the member's username and registration IP, all of the personal information can be changed by the member at any time via their User CP. This includes the password, email address, date of birth, signature, Yahoo & Skype IDs etc, avatar, profile picture, city, state/region, country, interests, biography, occupation and gender.

Members who wish to permanently discontinue their interest or participation in the Forums are advised to remove TRF from their favourites or bookmarks and not revisit the site.

I hope this has explained the situation clearly but if any member has specific concerns about the privacy or security of their personal data, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM.

Okay thank you so much Warren !!! These were just hypothetical questions that i was wondering in mind for a while !!! But thank you very much !! :) I enjoy being on the royal forums :) :) :) !!!!!

Cannot open links

Hi! I can't open links in the postings towards external sources. Leads to: page not found. Every time! There might be something wrong.

I've been having the same problem since yesterday.

And have found the solution, one needs to be LOGGED IN in order to view the links properly. ;) Another way to monitor us as well, lol. :D

I've been having the same problem since yesterday.

And have found the solution, one needs to be LOGGED IN in order to view the links properly. ;) Another way to monitor us as well, lol. :D

Logging in is always a good thing but thanks for the trouble report anyway - we're working on it ;)

I couldn't access the board at all on 17 Jan. The moment I started typing in my username, it just disappeared off screen. Thankfully today I am on.

Forgive a newbie this stupid question, but what exactly is "reputation level"?
In the Profile Privacy page, there is this option to show or hide the reputation level (mine is currently 0, which is hardly suprising)?
While I'm at it, what's a "profile picture"? Is it the same as avatar? If it's not, where is it displayed?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask: I'm still getting acquainted to this forum. :)

Last edited:
Artemisia said:
Forgive a newbie this stupid question, but what exactly is "reputation level"?
In the Profile Privacy page, there is this option to show or hide the reputation level (mine is currently 0, which is hardly suprising)?
While I'm at it, what's a "profile picture"? Is it the same as avatar? If it's not, where is it displayed?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask: I'm still getting acquainted to this forum. :)

Your Avatar is the picture that's displayed hen you post replies. Yours is the sun at the moment I think? You profile picture is what people see when you click on your username, and it takes them to your profile. If you do this the picture is in the top left, if you don't have one it might be blank. If you click on Lumutqueen, you'll see mine is Mary and Frederik.

A reputation level goes I think with the amount of posts you make. You can choose to hide it or display it.

Your Avatar is the picture that's displayed hen you post replies. Yours is the sun at the moment I think? You profile picture is what people see when you click on your username, and it takes them to your profile. If you do this the picture is in the top left, if you don't have one it might be blank. If you click on Lumutqueen, you'll see mine is Mary and Frederik.

A reputation level goes I think with the amount of posts you make. You can choose to hide it or display it.

Thanks a lot for the answer, all clear now. :flowers:
Beautiful profile picture of Frederick and Mary, by the way.

My avatar is not the Sun; it's VY Canis Majoris - a red hypergiant and the largest known star (it's about 2,000 times the size of our Sun). I have just begun working on my doctorate in Astrophysics, hence the astronomy theme.

Last edited:
Your Reputation Level has nothing to do with the number of posts you have made (it's logical that we would prefer quality, not quantity) but reflects the number of "Thanks" messages you have received.

Each time a member clicks the 'Thanks' button in a post of yours the action (and reason, if stated) appears in a list that you can view in your User CP.

Thanks a lot for the answer, Warren! Is the reputation indicator the small square right above the squares that show the user's level? I am apparently an unknown quantity, whereas you are on a distinguished road. :D

What with Lumutqueen's answer and yours, I appear to finally understand how this forum works. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The little grey squares are a [rough] visual representation of the number of posts a member has made.

The little grey squares are a [rough] visual representation of the number of posts a member has made.

I meant the single square above the grey squares that indicate the number of posts. It's not there in ordinary posts but is visible the profile page.
How it looks on my profile page, and yours.

Sorry, this was probably a stupid question not worth all the trouble; I just like to understand how things work.

Last edited:
No idea, I've never noticed it before.

No idea, I've never noticed it before.

I think it's definitely the reputation indicator. I got a thanks yesterday (my first :D ) and the black square immediately turned green, although it still says "unknown quantity".

Hello fellow royal followers, I am sure that this question has been asked before but I have no idea where to start. I have been a member of this forum for years and very rarely had any difficulties but.......today.........the little box that states who I am, when I last visited and how many new posts had been made, has disappeared. Any clues as to its whereabouts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom