The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Administrator

We have no control over the ads that appear. Google chooses the ads depending on the member's location.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
We have no control over the ads that appear. Google chooses the ads depending on the member's location.
It's not the ads I have a problem with Warren, I could care less, and it supports the site. The issue I have it that when you click on the link to get to the next post after the last post the ad loads then it plays, and plays, and plays, and plays and you get no thread. Does this make sense?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Not really as I've never encountered an ad that doesn't go away.
As well as the physical location, it's common knowledge that the massive Google database takes note of what interests a person (or IP number) may have and targets ads accordingly. It would appear that Google is convinced you are in the market for a new car and/or an overseas holiday and is indulging in some overkill.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Damn ADD! I'll try and injest protein and more caffiene to make the brain function.
(Actually, Mr. Russo just bought the teenager a new car and we just got back from an Alaskan Cruise. . . .)

It hasn't happened today, so far. . .if it happens again, and I hope not, I hope it was a glitch in the Matrix, I'll make percise notes about it to be better able to explain it to see if anyone else has the same issue instead of my gobbledeegook.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Courtier

Spammer:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1113374
Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Thanks!
Another way of reporting spammers is to click the 'report post' icon found on the top right-hand bar of every post. It is the red triangle.
The advantage of using this method is that it automatically creates a thread in the Moderator's forum and sends out alerts.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Aristocracy

sub forum

I was thinking, in the case of the French royal family,
should nt there be a sub forum.... titled..... "The French Revolution ....."
The events and the tragedy of Louis and Marie Antoinette
loom so lorge over French history....
... the cast of characters in the 5 years or so as the Revolution burned itself out until eventually Napoleon took over.

I think that more books and movies and TV have been made of this period than any other time in history
.... surely this subject deserves its very own forum ?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sounds like a good idea, I personally would love to talk about the event. But it's possible we don't have one because it might be too political.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There is an already existing thread entitled The Revolution in the Royal Families of France subforum.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
I was thinking, in the case of the French royal family,
should nt there be a sub forum.... titled..... "The French Revolution ....."
The events and the tragedy of Louis and Marie Antoinette
loom so lorge over French history....
... the cast of characters in the 5 years or so as the Revolution burned itself out until eventually Napoleon took over.

I think that more books and movies and TV have been made of this period than any other time in history
.... surely this subject deserves its very own forum ?
As MaFan has already pointed out there is a thread on the Revolution in the Royal House of France subforum, which it inself is a part of the Non Reigning Houses. This thread was in fact started by you, so I am a little confused about what you are looking for.

In addition to the thread on the Revolution there are two threads that relate to Louis and Marie Antoinette as well as their children. The events of the Revolution are certainly tragic and intriguing, unfortunately, there is not enough to support a sub forum on it’s on.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I was just wondering, when this forum had the most viewers which was in 2006, was there anything specific that happened on that day?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Administrator

I believe it was the result of a systems glitch but unfortunately the number is 'locked in'.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy

I was thinking, could it be possible and is there interest enough to have a thread or title for royalty postcard collecting? I can't believe that I'm the only royalty postcard collector of the forum members and I would like to talk about the topic, maybe exchange cards with other collectors, etc.

And another question. Is there a list somewhere of addresses of royal families, to send them a letter or postcard?
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

There are adresses in the topic Letters To Royals.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Administrator

The Forums are organised into specific categories so that posted material can be easily located and is relevant to the forum or subforum or thread in which it appears.
Rather than having a general postcards thread you are very welcome to post your scans in the threads relating to the subjects of the postcards.
For example, a postcard of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee should be posted in the Queen Victoria thread in the British Royal History subforum (British Royals forum); a postcard of the Saxon Royal Family should be posted in the Royal House of Saxony thread in the Royal Families of Germany and Austria subforum (Non-Reigning Houses forum).

Any communication with other members about postcard swapping should be done via private message as this is an activity unconnected to the site.

Apart from the contact addresses in the list as advised by Princess Robijn, your best bet is to check their official websites. Otherwise, send a letter to the family's principal palace or residence.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Any communication with other members about postcard swapping should be done via private message as this is an activity unconnected to the site.
This is what I thought also. Thank you for your kind answers to my question. I have also created a social group for Royalty Postcard Collectors.
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I believe it was the result of a systems glitch but unfortunately the number is 'locked in'.
Darn it! I thought it was when I joined!

Old 11-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

I have been wondering for some time, is there a button with which one can subscribe to replies to the topic, without writing in it? I know it's a common feature on most forums... Usually I want to be informed on something, but simply don't have anything relevant or meaningful to say, and that option would be useful...

Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphoenyx View Post
I have been wondering for some time, is there a button with which one can subscribe to replies to the topic, without writing in it? I know it's a common feature on most forums... Usually I want to be informed on something, but simply don't have anything relevant or meaningful to say, and that option would be useful...
Yes for sure we have that available.
At the top of the thread you want to subscribe to, right under the page numbers you will find 4 different drop down boxes.

Click on thread tools - 3rd option (Subscribe to this thread)

Then go to your User Cp or inbox - left hand side, under subscribed threads, click on list subscriptions.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:41 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks so much dazzling! Usually I've always seen that option available at the bottom of the page... I never thought of looking at the top

Tags
getting logged off