The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Hi Lighthouse

Only the moderators can close threads. Why do you think the thread topic you started should be closed?
Discussion of religion and politics is not barred. We ask that such discussion is kept relevant to the royal person and the thread topic.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Nobility

Thanks for answering my questions. I thought my thread asking if the Luxembourg royals are environmentally friendly should be closed because it seems to have received all the answers it's going to get. It doesn't concern me now that you've clarified the issue.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do not understand the searchmachine of this forum. I have typed Ludwigsburg Palace in all kinds of manners and get the most rediculous results.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Totally agree, Susan Alicia; if I need, I use the advanced search, that is the only one giving me some right results...
Old 11-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator

The search function is part of the vBulletin message board platform and leaves a lot to be desired. There is a major upgrade of vBulletin due to be released next year (from version 3 to version 4); we can only hope that the vB software writers have spent some time addressing the inadequacy of the current search function.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i think that the title under my username has not updated since i past the last post mark possibly due to the royal blogger thing

Old 11-27-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
i think that the title under my username has not updated since i past the last post mark possibly due to the royal blogger thing
Royal Bloggers with the Royal Blogger usertitle do not follow the automatic updating of user titles any more, since their user titles are customized.

To have it changed, it is best to contact an Admin per PM, we will gladly change the usertitle to the next level.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Commoner

Any chance to add albums

Dear Administrator,

Thanks for this very interesting forum. Is there any chance to add albums under networking on the user control panel? On other forums with this same setup, users can create very interesting albums and share their personal hobbies and interests in more details.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Tell me where, please?

Hi - I've started two threads to see if anyone knew what happened to a popular Danish blogging spot. Both were removed and I didn't receive notice of removal, or if they had been moved (and to where, if they had been.)

Could someone please tell me where the appropriate place is to ask that question - or is this forum averse to mention of other royal spots?

Many thanks...
Old 12-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The thread has been moved to the apropiated forum. You could found it here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ers-26300.html

Old 01-08-2010, 01:03 AM

I do not wish to receive emails or updates on the website or newsletter in my email account. How do we opt out from that?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 PM

Sorry, but are none of the leaders of this forum going to bother to answer my question as above? It was asked a week ago, and no one has PM'd or responded to my question. Also, there is another question above, regarding albums, that I would also be quite interested in knowing about, and it's been sitting there for a month without being answered, and even if it were answered via PM, it's something that more members might be interested in so I suppose it could have been anwered here.

It's a poor lookout and impression that the admins and mods don't respond to relatively simple questions. I am sure there might be some reason, but it's a fairly simple question. How do I opt out of receiving unsolicited emails? It's illegal anyway to send unsolicited emails, and change the terms mid way through so that a person who registered before sending the newsletters via email became the norm does not have the option to opt-out.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

I apologise for the delay in response. In your User CP, there is a section where members can select whether they wish to receive emails from the forums. It falls under 'Edit Options', where you can de-select the option 'Receive Email from Administrators' to cease the emails.

There is also a link at the bottom of the email newsletter which explains how to opt out of the emails.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Hello, administrators!
I´m searching for a thread about Pr. Carl Philip (a picture-thread??), with photos of him walking his dogs in a small village. Others showed him in a building partying with friends.
I saw these at last christmas time and simply cannot find it anymore! Can you help me?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Hello wartenberg, there is only one picture thread of the prince, which you can find here: Prince Carl Philip, Picture Thread Part 1
Old 01-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Courtier

I know...But I also know I looked at these pics about 4 -5 weeks ago on this forum?!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Moving up in rank

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I joined a little over 2 weeks ago and see I've advanced to "commoner" from "newbie". How does one advance in rank? Number of posts?
Thank you.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:54 AM

Hello Duchessmary, and welcome to TRF.

You "move up" in rank by your number of posts, just like you guessed. It is al explained here:

Newbie: 10 or fewer posts
Commoner: 11 to 50 posts
Gentry: from 51 to 100 posts
Aristocracy: 101 to 250 posts
Nobility: 251 to 500 posts
Courtier: 501 to 1,000 posts
Serene Highness: 1,001 to 1,500 posts
Royal Highness: 1,501 to 2,000 posts
Heir Presumptive: 2,001 to 3,000 posts
Heir Apparent: 3,001 to 6,000 posts
Majesty: 6,001 to 10,000 posts
Imperial Majesty: 10,000 posts and above
Old 02-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Administrator

Spellchecking

There is no inbuilt spellchecking program contained in the vBulletin forum software.
However, spellchecking is very easy to achieve. Firefox already has a spellchecker, for Internet Explorer it's a simple add-on.

Firefox
A spellchecker is part of the Firefox browser software. All you need to do is turn it on.
Here's how: Using the spell checker

Internet Explorer
There is a free and safe browser extension called ieSpell.
It can be found at: ieSpell - Spell Checker add-on for Internet Explorer
The current version is v2.6.3 (build 814) released 20 January 2010.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Nobility

ignore list

hi....
i am wondering what occurres when one places a fellow member on ones ignore list, ie can the other member still to able read one posts (i do know that one is unable read that members posts ), i just want a genreal run down....please

Tags
getting logged off