General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi....i am wondering what occurres when one places a fellow member on ones ignore list, ie can the other member still to able read one posts.
Hi jonnydep, it works like this: posts from a member that you have placed on your 'ignore list' are hidden from your view when logged into the forums.
The 'ignored' member is able to see your posts. Ignoring another member's posts doesn't make your posts invisible to that member unless you both choose to ignore each other.

However, keep in mind that if an 'ignored' member's post is quoted by another member in a subsequent post, you will be able to see it.

hi warren.

thank you for the feedback, its much appreciated !!

cheers JD :flowers:

PS
i had forgot to ask.....if members in ones ignore list is able to pm one ?

Last edited:
..if members in ones ignore list is able to pm one ?
Jonny, ignoring another member's posts is quite separate to blocking PMs.
I'd suggest you go to your UserCP > Settings and Options > Edit Options and see all options available to you regarding receiving emails, private messaging, and visitor messaging.
Ignoring member posts is done in Settings and Options > Edit Ignore List.

Something I've noticed!

After a period of inactivity, the forum becomes read, even if there have been new posts since I last visited!

Is this a bug or a feature?

:previous:
The 'unread posts' feature lasts for a couple of days after which time it ceases. It is meant to be short-term only.

Noticing everyone's different titles

How does one change or gain a title? Does it depend on how long you stay on this site or the frequency/volume of your interaction on the site?

How does one change or gain a title? Does it depend on how long you stay on this site or the frequency/volume of your interaction on the site?

This is an interesting question. I have also seen tags under peoples names, sone stay and some go...

The user title under your name indicates how many posts you've made. Our user title system is based on the following post counts:

Newbie: 10 or fewer posts
Commoner: 11 to 50 posts
Gentry: from 51 to 100 posts
Aristocracy: 101 to 250 posts
Nobility: 251 to 500 posts
Courtier: 501 to 1,000 posts
Serene Highness: 1,001 to 1,500 posts
Royal Highness: 1,501 to 2,000 posts
Heir Presumptive: 2,001 to 3,000 posts
Heir Apparent: 3,001 to 6,000 posts
Majesty: 6,001 to 10,000 posts
Imperial Majesty: 10,000 posts and above

Problems with the posts counter

Dear administrators,
I don't know if anybody else has reported the same problem so far, but I've just noticed that the number of posts displayed next to my avatar and user name in every post's headline remains the same since my 9th post -although I 've posted some new (non-private) messages in the regular threads by now...
Curiously, when I tried to research all of my own posts, the correct number emerged viz. every single post was listed up. What's wrong?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Posts made in Members' Corner do not contribute to the official post count.
The reason is that Members' Corner is non-royal related and posts are only counted when made in the 'royal' discussion areas of the Forums.

Thank you for answering my question so quickly, Warren! I didn't know about this partition in The Royal Forums :whistling:

It's mentioned in the Forum Usage FAQ:

I've been posting but my post count isn't increasing. Why not?

The post counter isn't operational in Members' Corner because Members' Corner is a general-topic chat forum that doesn't have to do with discussions about royalty. Posts made in the threads in that forum won't be added to your post count.

While I along with 4-5 other members are trying to have a conversation at the 'Divorce of Hamzah and Noor' thread, our posts are being deleted the one after the other. Who is responsible for that and how is one supposed to follow this discussion? Thank you! :flowers:

I've looked at the thread and three posts have been taken out by the moderator.
Two were posted after a moderator warning advising that members should avoid speculating about "what Queen Noor might think".
The third post asked what had happened to the previous two.

In accordance with standard practice posts that continue a line of discussion following a mod warning are removed.
Posts that question moderator decisions and actions within the discussion are also removed.

Last edited:
Thank you Warren! :flowers:

Though I still believe no one speculated last night. We were just discussing how we viewed things; nobody stated that (s)he knew certain things as facts. Nevermind.

We've had a series of these over the years, eg "what would the [late] Queen Mother think?", "what would Grace think?", "what would Diana think?", "what would Queen Mary think?" so wondering what Queen Noor might think about something is in a smilar vein.

The dead are unable to express an opinion on events which take place years or decades after their deaths and the private thoughts of the living, unless openly stated, are theirs alone. No purpose is served by us putting words in their mouths unless we are writing works of fiction.

The dead are unable to express an opinion on events which take place years or decades after their deaths and the private thoughts of the living, unless openly stated, are theirs alone. No purpose is served by us putting words in their mouths unless we are writing works of fiction.
I WAS going to book Madame Harcoti for an event but that blows it.
Thanks Warren. . . .

:D

Ignoring forums....how does this work?

I notice that in the same drop-down menu that allows you to mark a forum as read, there is an option to ignore that forum. What exactly does that do? Does it make it so that when you're logged in, you can't see it anymore until you choose to un-ignore it?

The reason I ask is that there are some forums I don't read and if I could just bypass them and not even have them on the screen, I could just see the ones I read and post in regularly.

I just logged out and logged in again, and still nothing is working. Hmmm.

I had to do the same, but now all is back to normal and had no problems getting to the site.:ermm:

Yes, the tech people have been working on it.
To quote our Tech Admin:
"The issue arises after the webserver is up for some time and then out of seemingly nowhere errors begin to occur on the home page. Catching it at this point is the hard part.
It can be hours until it happens and once it does, I have to trace it while the bug is in effect."

Usually when I look at a thread and return to the portal the thread I have just looked at is no longer bold and blue.
But lately everytime, i look at the thread, when i have exited TRF and return, not logged on or off, just closed my TRF page, everything is back to being bold, when i have just looked at it. This may be slightly hard to understand.

I understand exactly what you mean.
This will happen when you switch servers (unknown to you) and they haven't yet synchronised.

No, it's a short-term server issue.
You may notice that you can delete a PM but it will continue to display for a few minutes. It's the same situation: the software has switched you from server 1 to server 2 (or vice versa); if the servers haven't synchronised one will be slightly behind the other until they do so.

It's mentioned in the Forum Usage FAQ:

I've been posting but my post count isn't increasing. Why not?

The post counter isn't operational in Members' Corner because Members' Corner is a general-topic chat forum that doesn't have to do with discussions about royalty. Posts made in the threads in that forum won't be added to your post count.

I've noticing this happening to me too in the British Royal forums threads too

Back
Top Bottom