The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-31-2018, 04:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
On thing is pretty obvious by all the responses here. Its *not* our browsers.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-31-2018, 05:23 AM
Nobility

Same problem here. Did some research, so it's a DDoS protection service used by the website that we are trying to access.

Quote:
If some website is doing so, it is preventing others malicious content to be passed through your content. It’s just for the security reason as it helps in diminution of spam traffic like botnets and other malicious traffic.
It's not harmful, just some extra prevention, but it can slow down each refreshing by a few seconds. And we, as visitors, can't really do anything about it.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
Same problem here. Did some research, so it's a DDoS protection service used by the website that we are trying to access.

It's not harmful, just some extra prevention, but it can slow down each refreshing by a few seconds. And we, as visitors, can't really do anything about it.
Yes - this is accurate. During the past day the site has been targeted by a DDoS attack. You can read more about that here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

No members individual system is being attacked - just the website. The goal of a DDoS is to overload the servers and crash the site. The browser check is an inconvenience to be sure, but it helps us make sure that folks who are trying to access the site are legitimate users and not an army of bots intent of taking it offline. Thanks for your patience - these typically last a day or so and at that point we can turn off the browser check.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Same here past two days
Old 07-31-2018, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the explanations. I’ve gotten the white screen the last couple days. The freezing pages/stuck loading for about a week.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Janet H for the explanation here, I just got on and had no problems so all is well ..............
Old 08-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Has it become forum policy that only positive comments about a persons physical looks are allowed? And even that is subject to restrictions?

Example: I commented on an adult royal that she to me looked like she had gained a couple of kilos and that it looked good.
I meant it!
She has gained a couple of kilos and it does look good!

I can to some extent understand, accept and indeed agree on we having to be careful when mentioning the weight when it applies to children and teenage royals. But adults?!?

What's next?
Can we comment on their hair, without risking having our posts edited by the mods?
Their skin?
Their hands?
Their feet?
Especially if the comments are in no way meant to be negative.

If not, that is IMO over-zealous moderating and it stifles any meaningful discussions we have here on TRF, for better or worse.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

It does seem to be going that way lately
Old 08-09-2018, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

It does become a problem if we cannot freely, in a polite, civilized and respectful manner naturally, also discuss the physical looks of the royals.

Example: A royal gains 15 kilos over a relatively short period. According to the current interpretations of the forum rules, all comments regarding this sudden increase in weight will be deleted.
Alternatively another royal lose 15 kilos.
- If there are no comments, does that mean that everything is fine as far as the TRF goes? No discussion = no issue.

I must urge the admin and mods to be very careful about being over-considerate in regards to the royals.
Because it's a slippery slope. Gradually there will be more and more things we can't discuss out of consideration of the royals.
And if that happens this forum will lose credibility, not just in the eyes of the casual reader who drops by to get information, but for the members as well.

Currently the TRF is the best all round royal forum there is, to my knowledge, please don't ruin it by becoming over-considerate/politically correct.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:57 AM
Royal Highness

I don’t think this is a new rule. As far as I remember when I joined there were two topics that were off limits – pregnancy speculation and weight loss or gain.
Muhler perhaps you haven’t been active in fashion threads? It's particularly common in them and the mods are very strict about it. Unfortunately, there have been some appalling comments made before deletion.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

TRF rules and FAQ have not changed for several years. Neither are we aware that mod. Policy and interpertation of our rules and FAQ have changed.

Weight-discussions have been discouraged for more than a decade and we always expect our members to show restraint when discussing children. If I am correct the recent example was about weight in combination with minors.

Further questions about the matter can be adressed in detail to the mod. team by PM & will be deleted from this thread.

Tags
getting logged off