General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't have anything to do with moderator actions, the above mentioned Spencer thread for example hasn't been dealt with for more than a week now, so that can't be the reason. There's no blocking effect when posts are deleted or moved.

The problem reappears on a regular basis since some time, see also the previous page of this thread. For some it helps to close the page, clear the browsing history, log off and on again, for some unfortunately that trick doesn't help either. It's a kind of system glitch.

I am unable to view the topic "Ingrid Alexandra, Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion".
I can't see new posts for this topic.

It appears that the Sussex board was shut down in 15 minutes over one comment. Why did the Admin shut the board down, rather than putting the poster in a Time Out, as is mentioned in the sticky post? Why do we all have to pay for the actions of few?

We have suspended the poster in question. Nearly all replies to the original post were political and thus deleted as is stated in our terms of service. Since posters clearly were not interested in discussing the topic itself we decided to close the thread.

We have tried to host the Sussex discussion for 4 years. Hopefully we will do it again at one point in the future - if the temperature of the discussion will ever cool down. However after 4 years of daily clean-ups, that often take hours to do, we simply do not have the time to continue to moderate an discussion of this nature. Especially considering we are a group of volunteers and not paid full time employees. As a reward for our work we receive abuse, accusations and all sorts of nastiness in return.

Few people have shown any sense of self reflection. Instead it is always the person they disagree with who is at fault. This infantile behavior has sadly become common practice though there have been some exceptions, which is why it was a hard decision to make.

For now we want to give this new method a try but the quick escalation showed that perhaps it is best to close the discussion all together - as other online forums have done. It is a pity but that is sadly the way things are standing. The last four years have been too draining - and quite frankly too insane - to continue the way we did.

Last edited:
:previous: can't blame you for shutting down that thread!
A pity though.

However, does that include hard information, provided by members and posted by the mods? With or without the possibility for discussing such new information.

That is: I find a piece of hard facts, PM that to a moderator, who check and decide whether that should be posted or not.
Pretty much akin to adding a link to a closed thread.

Will that still be possible?

I am having lots of trouble getting on to TRF; especially on my tablet. The verification process takes ages using lots of different Ray-IDs it seems (that's assuming I end up on TRF at all - which doesn't always happen).

I find a piece of hard facts, PM that to a moderator, who check and decide whether that should be posted or not.
Pretty much akin to adding a link to a closed thread.

Will that still be possible?

Yes, that is possible and it is indeed the favoured and already applied solution.

Good day to all - I am once again unable to access TRF via the Apps on my Apple devices. Switching the devices off/on and deleting /reinstalling the Apps don’t help.

This has happened before and took many weeks before it was sorted out. Please, tech team, fix this.

I am having lots of trouble getting on to TRF; especially on my tablet. The verification process takes ages using lots of different Ray-IDs it seems (that's assuming I end up on TRF at all - which doesn't always happen).

I had same problem.
My solution is switching to Opera and all's fine.

Good day to all - I am once again unable to access TRF via the Apps on my Apple devices. Switching the devices off/on and deleting /reinstalling the Apps don’t help.

This has happened before and took many weeks before it was sorted out. Please, tech team, fix this.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. If uninstalling the app, restarting your device and then reloading the app doesn't work, please consider using a regular browser on your device to access the forum. The site has a mobile interface - no app needed.

If this doesn't work for you please post details of the errors you see so we can investigate further.

Hi I have a technical question. I was wondering why I cannot see my reply posted in this thread? https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/diana-and-the-media-41228-2.html However it acknowledges that I am the last poster to reply in the thread and I can find it under my last posts when I view my profile statistics.

I've experienced the same problem in that thread of not being directed to the last post made. What I do is go to the thread and hit "reply" and then scroll down and lo and behold, there are all the posts I've not seen yet. I don't actually reply but it's one way to see what's missing. :D

Is it your reply to Moonmaiden?

It's right there now.

Yes it was to Moonmaiden written yesterday 10/10/21. Thank you for letting me know, but I still can't see it on my screen.

Last edited:
:previous: I can't see your response either. I am guessing that it has something to do with your response being the 41st post in the thread and your response should be the top post on the next page.

ETA:
Not that this is acceptable, but the way that I was able to see your post was to type in the reply box and then preview your post and I can see your comment when I scroll down.

I am going to add a post to that thread and see if it posts mine and your post.

ETA 2:
Nope it did not work. I am listed as having made a post in that thread in the new posts listing, but when you click on it, it still stuck on the 40th comment which was posted back in August. :hmm:

Last edited:
TLLK, it does appear to be a problem that occurs from time to time - being unable to access the last page or a particular thread. It is a known bug that we have had for years and there is little that can be done about it. Usually a thread goes back to normal after a few hours.

On the previous page Michiru-Kaiou kindly explained that it is a known bug for vBulletin boards.

:previous: Thank you Marengo for the explanation. ?

This happened to me several times already.
So when I have a long post, some of it sort of "disappear" after I submitted it (a paragraph or more, sometimes in the middle part of the post but more often the last part of the post), but then when I hit edit, it's still there and the missing part will appear after I save the edit. In some case I had to repeat the "edit-save edit" process several times until the full post appear without anything missing.

It's that time of the year again. Poltergeists. Must be poltergeists!

(ducks and runs for cover)

The cloudflare browser check is security precaution to slow down spammers and folks who post from eastern europe, africa and some of the pacific islands are more likely to see the Cloudflare message.

Posts that contain links may also trigger the message. I know it's an inconvenience but it seems preferable to having unchecked spam on the forum.

Thanks for understanding. :flowers:

I am no longer able to pass the check even after solving the captcha successfully, because after completing the captcha, the forum no longer redirects me to the reply form. Refreshing the window does not solve the issue.

Could anyone help to resolve this issue?

I am no longer able to pass the check even after solving the captcha successfully, because after completing the captcha, the forum no longer redirects me to the reply form. Refreshing the window does not solve the issue.

Sometimes clearing the cache and clearing out your browsing history helps. Or even a cold boot of the device may be what is needed. Something is stuck somewhere that's messing up how things should work.

I'm old school and work from a desktop and monitor so I have no idea how to solve problems with smartphones and Ipads and such. ?

Check the security settings on your device and make sure that you have enabled cookie exchange with the site. You might also want to check your privacy settings to make sure they aren't causing this issue.

Sometimes clearing the cache and clearing out your browsing history helps. Or even a cold boot of the device may be what is needed. Something is stuck somewhere that's messing up how things should work.

Check the security settings on your device and make sure that you have enabled cookie exchange with the site. You might also want to check your privacy settings to make sure they aren't causing this issue.

Thank you for your suggestions. :flowers:

I have enabled all cookies, including third-party cookies; unfortunately it did not make a difference. I also attempted restarting my device, clearing the cache, etc., which sometimes although not always eliminates the captcha check for that post, but it does not permit me to pass the check when it is still required.

To the best of my recollection I have not made any changes to my security or privacy settings over the last few months. If you could suggest which settings may be the cause of the problem, I would appreciate it.

Quick question, this morning I posted in the wrong thread and tried to delete my post afterwards but the button has gone (I have not tried to delete for a long time but I know it was possible). Is the delete function gone completely?

It has been gone for ages at least a year and probably longer.

Some of my posts, during the last few hours, here at TRF are duplicated.

A large number of members had the same problem, since yesterday the forums seem to be pretty slow when posting. Try not not click again or reload while waiting for the post to show up, at least that has helped me posting twice all the time ;)

They could somehow provide the possibility of editing posts. We currently only have a few hours to do this, but there are some older posts that I would like to edit.

:previous:

The time frame for editings has been limited some years ago due to the excessive abuse done with editings. People changed their posts concerning content, corrections, deletions and removal of arguments, comments, claims and the like, which destroyed whole discussions, became unfair and insolent towards the members answering and posting afterwards. People still abuse the editing option within the limited time frame, but the number of abuses has significantly been reduced, so we won't change that.

The limitation of course also has its disadvantages, but in case it's a question of single posts you can always contact a moderator of the relevant subforum and he/she can have a look whether an addition or correction can be made.

Good day - I need some help please. I am unable to access TRF on my apps, both phone and tablet. The message given: Login failed. Have deleted/reinstalled the app, turned devices off/on, cleared caches. No luck. Is the app still in use? Thanks, C4A

Back
Top Bottom