General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are some archived threads I've seen with the original post being made in 2003. ?

I think The Royal Forums has been around since 2002.

I think The Royal Forums has been around since 2002.

September 2002 to be exact You can find the original members by going to
Community->Members List & then sort by join date if you want.

Posts about the names of members of the Belgian Royal Family have been moved here.

I can only see the first three moved posts in the thread to which they were moved. I attempted to post this comment in that thread and I could not see my own comment there, either. Is it a technical issue?

Yes it is a small bug. The issue has been flagged to the technical team and hopefully it will be solved soon.

I can only see the first three moved posts in the thread to which they were moved. I attempted to post this comment in that thread and I could not see my own comment there, either. Is it a technical issue?

Had an issue with the same topic. Only the first page shows. Glad to hear that it's being fixed.

How are things going with fixing the mobile app? It's much more comfortable for use, especially for those being often on the road.

Quick question: can one of the moderators highlight the rules about translating full articles and posting them on TRF? I've noticed it in several subfora. For links the requirement is that a short introduction/personal remark is written, however, that might not be strictly necessary if a full article is posted directly on TRF (although I always like to know why something is considered worth sharing ;) ) but I wonder what that means in terms of copyright. So, basically I'd like to know whether (full) translation of articles is allowed and/or encouraged (so others can take note of non-English articles about royals)? Thanks in advance!

I am the only one who is seeing bad pages of the forum?

What do you mean with 'bad pages'?

Today the forum required me to complete a "security check" prior to posting. It seems to be triggered when my post exceeds a particular number of words. However, I have made much longer posts for years without being required to complete a security check. Can anyone else shed light on this problem?

Today the forum required me to complete a "security check" prior to posting. It seems to be triggered when my post exceeds a particular number of words. However, I have made much longer posts for years without being required to complete a security check. Can anyone else shed light on this problem?

The cloudflare browser check is security precaution to slow down spammers and folks who post from eastern europe, africa and some of the pacific islands are more likely to see the Cloudflare message.

Posts that contain links may also trigger the message. I know it's an inconvenience but it seems preferable to having unchecked spam on the forum.

Thanks for understanding. :flowers:

When I tried to go to different threads or even different page, sometimes there is a pop up advertisement in which I have to press skip before I could reach the page/thread that I want to go.

Does anybody know the reason behind the pop up ad? Or is it just me who is experiencing this?

:previous:

No, you're not alone. I have experienced the same thing since a few days. Must have something to do with vBulletin hosting service but I will ask our technical people.

problem wiht the Sussex thread

I cant see new posts on it, is there something wrong?

I regularly have certain pages that I can't see. Last example: my page jumped straight from 51 to 53. I tried all possible ways to get it to open p. 52, but it kept bringing me back to 51.

A different browser solves this particular problem for me. But to your question: no, right now I can see the new posts and so can at least a number of other posters since we've been writing in it.

I've had it happen to me so many times, I've forgotten to count. To verify that its on my end, what I'll do is hit reply and have the quote box come up and then scroll down to see if, in fact, the missing page comes up.

Most times the problem is solved by actually logging out of TRF (unless I reboot my computer, I'm forever "signed in" here but my window here is closed out) and relogging in. That usually clears up the problem for me.

Denville - this does appear to be a problem that occurs from time to time - being unable to access the last page or a particular page. So far we have been unable to resolve the issue so it seems.

For me, logging off, clearing browsing history and then logging back on can work sometimes - the issue appears to resolve itself at other times.

Denville - this does appear to be a problem that occurs from time to time - being unable to access the last page or a particular page. So far we have been unable to resolve the issue so it seems.

For me, logging off, clearing browsing history and then logging back on can work sometimes - the issue appears to resolve itself at other times.
That's a phenomenon on vBulletin boards, that occurs when a thread contains deleted posts, the page count still includes those posts, but the posts themselves aren't visible any longer, so the page jumps back to the last one with visible posts when someone clicks such an "empty" page.

best wishes Michiru

Thank you, everyone.
16 hours later I still do not see Osipi listed. It seems that for some odd reason, visitors who are not moderators are invisible on my profile page.

I have tried to fix this using the settings. Could someone who is not a moderator do me the favor of visiting my profile page and posting to let met know that they have done so? Thank you in advance.

You've got lots of visitors :) - including me.

The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
An Ard Ri ANNIE_S iceflower Ista Jacknch Marengo O-H Anglophile Somebody Stefan Zonk

Hello: Why the amount of private messages is limitted to 15 PM's in any 24 hours periode on TRF?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I have not noticed this before, but it could be a measure to avoid a large number of spam messages. Spammers do not only use the open forums but also the private message system to spread their advertising content.

Page 64

Every time I try to look at the thread Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and Family I am always being taken to Page 64. I have tried numerous times. I am always taken to Page 64.
Please explain.

I am having the same problem and would like to know why.

Same here, I am on the mobile app.

No problems for me.

I have however encountered the problem several times before. I've noticed that it tends to happen when moderators are doing an ongoing moderation. Moving posts and so on.
Could that be it?

I'm having the same problem as well.

Muhler, I think you are right that this (unable to read/turn/flick past a certain later page) tends to happen when moderators are moving/deleting posts without actually closing the thread itself. It has happened quite often in the Sussex thread before and I actually have to type in a new post just to see the whole thread with the latest/newest posts.

Back
Top Bottom