General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the notification. We have contacted the technical support team to see what is the matter.

There have been no changes but... posts can only be edited for a day after they have been made. After that period has passed the edit function disappears from view. IS it possible you are trying to edit an older post?

:previous: Not when I had the problem myself. I checked by trying to delete a post I had just posted. - No delete function.

But it works fine for me now and has been working well for days, so I guess it's a periodic fail?

But one annoying thing that has become permanent now is the empty "banner" at the bottom of the screen. That always appear when I enter TRF, and reappear if I click return to previous page.

Last edited:
There have been no changes but... posts can only be edited for a day after they have been made. After that period has passed the edit function disappears from view. IS it possible you are trying to edit an older post?

It used be that there was a delete function (separately from the edit function) with which one could tick a checkbox in order to delete the entire post. That delete function is no longer visible for me, even on new posts where the edit function remains visible.

Edited to add: I have checked the editing view for this post, immediately after posting it, and the delete function is not visible.

:previous:
My delete function is there.

Using a PC and Firefox.

I have recently tried to edit a post as soon as I posted it and had the error message that the title of the post contained too many characters. I had not entered text in the editing title box just corrected the post in the main box. Have just tried this again ( still less than 24 hours since I first posted ) and have received the same error message. I am working from the app on my iPad.

I have recently tried to edit a post as soon as I posted it and had the error message that the title of the post contained too many characters. I had not entered text in the editing title box just corrected the post in the main box. Have just tried this again ( still less than 24 hours since I first posted ) and have received the same error message. I am working from the app on my iPad.

When you post a comment from the app, it auto fills the title for you. It’s not something you can see or change when in the app, only on the main site on a desktop. It’s something I have always found frustrating that a title is auto-filled like that, everyone knows what thread I’m posting in.

Thank you, but that’s not the problem. Perhaps I didn’t explain myself clearly. I was unable to correct the message in the body of the text. I didn’t do anything to the title as it auto fills, but I received an error message that the text of the title was too long- which doesn’t make sense.

As the post I was referring to is only 20hrs old, I have just tried to edit it again and to clarify, although I can alter the text in the box, when I come to save it, I then get the error message described previously and the changes can’t be made.

:previous:

What browser do you use and did you try using a different browser?

Safari 13.
It’s never been an issue before.
I am trying to edit this to see if it was just an error relating to the one post.

Last edited:
Yes, have edited okay so it must just be something weird relating to the one message.

It could have been a small bug. But I am happy that it is no solved.

How to unsubscribe mails

Hi, I’m new here!
Love this forum.
However I don’t want to receive tens of mails every day to inform me of replies. How can I unsubscribe from mails? I don’t want to receive them. Thank you.

Welcome to the forums, JGio! :flowers:

If you don't want to receive those email notifications any longer, click on your "User CP" upper left corner. Scroll down to "Settings & Options" and click on "Edit Options", scroll down to the box "Messaging & Notification" and make the changes you like! Hope that helps! :flowers:

It seems that in the profile of my account the "Recent Visitors" includes only moderators, but that is not the case with any of the other profiles that I have looked at for comparison. Out of curiosity, is there an explanation for this?

It seems that in the profile of my account the "Recent Visitors" includes only moderators, but that is not the case with any of the other profiles that I have looked at for comparison. Out of curiosity, is there an explanation for this?

I understand it shows the last ten visitors. In your case it seems only to be moderators. - Have you been bad? ;)?

A coincidence, I guess.

Check again. I just "visited". See if that made a difference. ?

I've now also had a look at your profile and did not see Osipi listed. So I would say it's pure coincidence. The number of people who have visited your profile is pretty low, so in comparison any routine visits on other profile pages with a large number of visitors aren't apparent.

Not sure about this...

I’ve stopped getting pop up for PM’s on my screen. Settings have not changed. Anyone? Thanks

Last edited:
Not sure about this...

I’ve stopped getting pop up for PM’s on my screen. Settings have not changed. Anyone? Thanks
I haven't gotten any notifications at all on my phone for months.

I understand it shows the last ten visitors. In your case it seems only to be moderators. - Have you been bad? ;)?

A coincidence, I guess.

Check again. I just "visited". See if that made a difference. ?

I've now also had a look at your profile and did not see Osipi listed. So I would say it's pure coincidence. The number of people who have visited your profile is pretty low, so in comparison any routine visits on other profile pages with a large number of visitors aren't apparent.

Thank you, everyone.
16 hours later I still do not see Osipi listed. It seems that for some odd reason, visitors who are not moderators are invisible on my profile page.
I wondered about the visits from moderators due to the ostensible absence of any other visits, so thank you to iceflower for the explanation that it is routine.

Hi - I am having difficulty logging in to TRF. I don’t understand since I haven't changed anything on my side. I get a message Forum error 2. Quite annoying. Can you help please?

Hi - I am having difficulty logging in to TRF. I don’t understand since I haven't changed anything on my side. I get a message Forum error 2. Quite annoying. Can you help please?

I'm sorry you had trouble. Is it still occurring?

Yes, I am. I have access via the website, but not the Apps on my phone or tablet. Error message reads “system error no2” and on my phone there is a “Cloudflare” that wants to redirect my browser. This is all very confusing. I have turned my devices off/on, deleted/reinstalled the apps, changed my password. Nothing works, I cannot log on to TRF on my mobile devices. Please help.

I also have this problem when I come to the TRF. I don't know what's going on.

Hello, I also have this problem. The app doesn't work on my IPad or phone.

Yes, I am. I have access via the website, but not the Apps on my phone or tablet. Error message reads “system error no2” and on my phone there is a “Cloudflare” that wants to redirect my browser. This is all very confusing. I have turned my devices off/on, deleted/reinstalled the apps, changed my password. Nothing works, I cannot log on to TRF on my mobile devices. Please help.

The cloudfare shows up quite often (since a few weeks). It seems a way to protect the website; normally it will direct me to the forums after a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom