General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you've hit on a solution here Countessmeout with the Ignore button. I'm not positive but wouldn't putting someone on ignore also bar that person from contacting you via the Thanks button and PMs? If not, it would be a good idea for the moderators to look into doing. Make the Ignore function universal on the site.

IMO there should be absolute zero-tolerance for anti-social behavior, whether it's on the forums or via PMs.

You should have absolutely no qualms about reporting repeat offenders.
Anyone can post a PM in anger, fair enough, if it's followed by an apology.
Otherwise there is no excuse at all!

If you are subjected to harassment, then there is no reason for you to show restraint, understanding, putting someone on ignore or even be angry for that matter.
Save the PMs and report whoever it is to the mods. Don't feel sorry, don't feel bad, don't be a nice girl.
Resistance is the only language bullies understand.

Anti-social behavior is wrong everywhere! And it's up to us here at TRF to eradicate it. - Also if it's someone who has been around since forever.

Yes, report. I have sadly found people use PM's to send extremely rude messages that they know would get deleted by mods if they posted on the board. I put one poster on ignore because I got countless PMs to harass me and tell me I was too stupid to post here. Only experts should post on the forum, and I wasn't up to his standards.
What a rude and disgusting thing to say. Some people just have to harass others.

:previous: What an offensive thing to do! That said,, I have to out myself. In the last couple of weeks I responded to a new-ish member with a Thanks that acknowledged what they said but also explained some of the informal "rules" we follow on the forums. I was trying to guide them gently. So I know at least I have used the THANKS button with an ulterior motive.
I think it hard for new people to understand how we function at our best here on the Forums. I also think it is hard (however new/old) to always make the very best choice when posting a reply in which we object to a comment. I also know I don't rep for the majority.
Adepts here never bully, but they do convey messages that try to guide people into the tribe. People did it for me. I learned. It was a good thing.
Heck, people DO it for me and I learn more and it is a good thing.
A very wise boss once told me that that the comments from others which most irritate are asking me to face reality. That same boss said that every stone I hurled at others was likely a flaw in my own tool kit.
A recent work seminar wisely guided that feedback be:

• True
  • Helpful
  • Inspiring
  • Necessary
  • Kind
It's something on which I am working. We all can.

Don't bully. Accept well-intended feedback and we all benefit. Heaven knows, I benefit from all your feedback - so Thanks!

Last edited:
Queen Camilla, please forward the messages to one of the admins.

It goes without saying that if anyone is being harassed via PM, please forward these message so we can investigate and take necessary actions.

Thank you.

I had one of those PM too I just said don't do that again or I will report you. Never heard from them again I think it's likely these people have some mental health issues.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Some time yesterday, I started to be able to open ImageUpper.com links - but no picture would appear.
I use Firefox as a browser. Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone guess at a workaround?
I've tried the obvious check for updates, restart the PC, try to open the link in different ways, etc. Thanks.

Some time yesterday, I started to be able to open ImageUpper.com links - but no picture would appear.
I use Firefox as a browser. Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone guess at a workaround?
I've tried the obvious check for updates, restart the PC, try to open the link in different ways, etc. Thanks.

Yes, I have the same problem (on iPhone/safari)

Same here. Its not our browsers because I've tried to see the pictures in Opera, Chrome and Internet Explorer with absolutely no luck.

Thanks to you both. And it is not always a problem. Mods, any ideas about this - wait to see if it goes away? Post the messages with which we have issues? Lump it? :lol:

Edit - here is an example of a Image Upper link that opens for me, but no picture appears. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...on-part-10-june-2016-a-40831.html#post1929334
None of the three open with pictures

Ditto: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...on-part-27-june-2016-a-40845.html#post1929348

Further edit: FYI - Y I now have a question into imageupper. Will let you all know if I hear from them.
Further edit - also this post from LadyFinn has photless Imageupper links for me http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...any-october-5-8-2016-a-40881.html#post1929479

Last edited:
I have the same problem on my very old PC as well as on my new Iphone.

I think there is a problem with the imageupper site.If you right click on those broken images to open them in a new tab, you see an error message. Unfortunately this isn't an issue we can fix - they will have to do it.

Spam pop ups

I don't post, but read regularly and the last two days after a couple clicks on the forums I am getting pop ups about my iPhone....that I've won something. It's only this site. Anyone else having issues?

I'm using safari for anyone that is interested.

Thanks Admirer...I'm not having issues in firefox either. Only on my phone apparently.

Yes on my IPAd last night and they wouldn't go away. I couldn't even read the site so I gave up trying to. So far tonight they haven't returned - fingers crossed.

Just a Suggestion

Apologies, I couldn't find a Mod thread / area to post on so treat this as an interim one for my suggestion.

To close down the Prince William and Prince Harry thread and create a new one for Harry alone.

I think that will happen eventually if and when Harry marries.

Why does Harry need to marry to have his own thread on this forum? :ermm:

Oh well, at least remove William as he is redundant here, having serveral other threads. :whistling: :lol::lol:

There are numerous subforums that pertain to both William and Harry and although they're not active at the moment, they do get used every now and then.

The moderators will decide and make the changes necessary when they feel its the right time to do so.

Its a good idea though. :flowers:

So I've been on the forum a while, but I might have missed this little trick which would make life a little easier. I'll be the first one to admit, and apologise for using the report button for things i know I shouldn't. But, is there anywhere on the forum that lists which moderators belong to which sections? So I know who to message if something if wrong in one of the threads.

Even if it's made a sticky at the top of this thread. It may already exist and i'm just blind!

Thanks guys.

The treport button is a good way to handle these things, Lumut. But of course sending a PM is also an option.

You will find the forum moderators listed here.

The Moderators for each of the Forums can also be found in the bottom-right hand corner of each Forum page.

please help me attach a picture

How do I attach a picture (avatar ?) to my personal account that will show up when I post? I have tried to figure it out but I can't.

Uploading an avatar

I'm presuming that you want to use a custom avatar. First, know where on your hard drive the picture is that you wish to use. Then, in the User Control panel, select "Edit Avatar".

You will see a screen like the one below. Select "custom" and then click to upload the picture that you want.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, just PM me and we'll get you through this. :D

Attachments

171.8 KB · Views: 123
Thank you, Osipi. I had been going to the wrong page.

I am hoping that someone can guide to the area that is *topic listing* here for I am looking for the Royal Library. I looked every where so maybe I need glasses.....I want to see what is in the library for I am looking for certain books. Thank you!

:previous:
Thank you so very much for the link, it is appreciated ..?

I wonder if others have experienced this problem:

I the last few days, when I write a post, I will of course start a new paragraph from time to time. And that looks normal when I write it.
But once the post has been uploaded I find that there is a double-distance between the lines, like in this post.
And it only happens here on TRF.
I can't find any settings to avoid this annoying problem.

So, is it Firefox or is it a problem for others here on TRF? Or is there a setting somewhere that I can't find?

----------------------
To illustrate:

The above text should look like this:

I wonder if others have experienced this problem:

I the last few days, when I write a post, I will of course start a new paragraph from time to time. And that looks normal when I write it.
But once the post has been uploaded I find that there is a double-distance between the lines, like in this post.
And it only happens here on TRF.
I can't find any settings to avoid this annoying problem.

So, is it Firefox or is it a problem for others here on TRF? Or is there a setting somewhere that I can't find?

Last edited:
This has been the case for me since I joined.
If I copy-paste from word it looks normal, but if I write directly in the text box I get the double space.
I just edit the post after publishing by using backspace.

Back
Top Bottom