The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Clearing the cache and history is always a good place to start, although there's no guarantee it will resolve your particular issue.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've been having varying degrees of trouble with the site when I'm on my laptop lately. An initial page will load, but if I click anywhere else like to another thread the page will take ages to load and will then only load words with no icons or pictures to respond to. Everything else on my laptop works fine. Anything I can do maybe?
Lumutqueen - I have had the same problem, intermittently, using Firefox. A reboot usually fixes it (which also clears my cache and history). My Firefox updates automatically - and in the past several months I have noticed this happens more immediately after an update.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Lumutqueen - I have had the same problem, intermittently, using Firefox. A reboot usually fixes it (which also clears my cache and history). My Firefox updates automatically - and in the past several months I have noticed this happens more immediately after an update.
I had this problem constantly when I was using Firefox. It got to the point of being so bad (not only here but anywhere) that even restarting Firefox with minimal add ons and such didn't help much. I ended up switching over to Chrome which works a whole lot better for me.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Courtier

Hey can someone tell me how to start a new thread? I am not getting it..
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish
Hey can someone tell me how to start a new thread? I am not getting it..
There is a button at the top of the each section of threads to create a new one.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Administrator

How to create a new thread

At the top of every 'Threads in Forum' list there is a blue 'New Thread' button.

To create a new thread just click on it.

> But please first check that there is not already an existing thread which covers the same or similar territory as your proposed thread.

v thumbnail illustration
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New thread.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	287181  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Courtier

Thanks Lumutqueen and Warren..I got it and I already started a new thread..But no one bothered to post a single reply..
Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
..But no one bothered to post a single reply..
Well, I was going to suggest you show some patience as sometimes it may take a little while before interested members get around to reading your post, formulating a response and actually posting it. But after having a look at your question about protocol during State Visits I'd suggest that one reason for the lack of immediate response may be that you substantially answered the question yourself.

Concerning what occurs in the other two countries you mentioned in your post, you may find the various State Visit threads in the Belgian and Dutch Forums to be useful and helpful sources of information.

I'm sorry to be a further dampener but your new thread has since been merged into the pre-existing Protocol and Etiquette thread in the 'Royal Ceremony and Protocol' sub-forum as your topic fits neatly into that thread's overall subject matter.

ETA... to finish on a more upbeat note, your question regarding video links has not gone unnoticed and has received two replies.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Oh Warren, you have bothered so much to look into my problem..I really appreciate ur concern. Ur reply is both witty and encouraging..
Old 12-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

There used to be a thread/sticky about 'Questions about Sources' and what was considered trusted, etc a while ago, which I cant seem to find. As I recall, Elspeth was the one who handled it. I searched by her name, but I dont see it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Administrator

There were, and still are, two such threads in the British Forums...

Diana subforum: Questions about sources
General British forum: Citation of sources in British Forum threads

The last post in the Diana subforum "Questions..." thread was made in July 2010. The thread remains 'stickied' (ie, it sits at the top of the [Diana] Threads in Forum list with the other stickied threads).

The last post in the British Forums "Citation..." thread was made in October 2008. Due to the low activity the thread was unstickied and over time it has dropped down to settle on page three of the Threads in Forum listing.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Hello all and happy new year;

I created a signature, can you see it? The trouble is, I can't seem to see my signature on the posts I have made. It's only worked on one post so far... does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks for your answers!
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:37 AM
Administrator

It appears that the software doesn't apply the change to previous posts but only to posts made after the change.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

It appears that the software doesn't apply the change to previous posts but only to posts made after the change.
Ah, I see, thanks Warren for explaining!
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm not sure if site tweeks are going on but when I hover over the "royal forums" tab at the top of my page, usually a drop down box appears listing the reigning houses, non reigning etc etc. But this doesn't happen for me anymore, I have to click on it and such that way. Is it just me?

Oh and when I click on a page, usually I get sent to the bottom or the newest last post I haven't seen, I don't get that anymore. I've cleared my cache, twice.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Hi! I'm having problems with the user title. It's not changing when I hit the next posting level - I'm currently still at nobility.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm not sure if site tweeks are going on but when I hover over the "royal forums" tab at the top of my page, usually a drop down box appears listing the reigning houses, non reigning etc etc. But this doesn't happen for me anymore, I have to click on it and such that way. Is it just me?

Happens with me as well since today. I'm using Firefox.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:03 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Same here.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Referred to the technical staff.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Hi! I'm having problems with the user title. It's not changing when I hit the next posting level - I'm currently still at nobility.
soapstar, your issue has been resolved.

Tags
getting logged off