General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More information when deleting posts

When a post is deleted, is it possible for the moderators to let us know why?

I recently had a post deleted because it was supposed to have violated a forum rule, yet reading the rules my post did not violate any rules.

Is it possible for moderators to tell us 'Your post was deleted because you violated rule X'?

Thanks

I always thought that the "portal" showed a list of all recent discussions, but recently noticed that in the "recent discussions" list on the top right if you open a thread there are threads showing that don't show up in the portal; specifically i noticed about the C-P and Sofia wedding muses thread...
Can't these be added to the Portal list?

When a post is deleted, is it possible for the moderators to let us know why?

I recently had a post deleted because it was supposed to have violated a forum rule, yet reading the rules my post did not violate any rules.

Is it possible for moderators to tell us 'Your post was deleted because you violated rule X'?

Thanks

AFAIK two of your posts were deleted the previous weeks. Once you received a PM explaining why, once the reason of the deletion of a succession of posts (incl. one of yours) was explained by a mod. post in the thread. :flowers:

Lee-Z said:
Can't these be added to the Portal list?

Thanks for reminding us. This happens each and every time we create a new (sub)forum. We will try to solve it the next days.

Last edited:
I was making a post in Queen Maxima's Eveningwear, when all of a sudden the smiles decided not to work. And while I was trying to make them work - the Reply to Topic screen disappeared- had to start over!:bang:
Only that thread- and it's working fine now- my biggest fear- what if the add video button in the reply to topic screen got pushed as I was going back and forth- the reply to topic screen that vanished. I'm sure not but still..

If i put someone to my ignore list what this mean?

I don't know where put this but i see the saturday the Royals Forums have the most users online 3.479 WOW.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can put other members on your ignore list if you don't want to read their posts anymore. Then the forum will no longer show their posts to you. Also the members on the ignore list are no longer able to send you a PM or email.

But it's just their own posts right? So if someone else (who is not on your ignorelist) quotes the post you'd be able to still see it that way, right?

:previous: Good questions. Also, how can I know if I am on the ignore list? For example, what happens in case I quote a poster who ignores me?

Afaik you can see the answers to ignored members, but if an ignored person answers to you own post you won't see it.

Bit confusing.

If A places B on the ignore list, shouldn't B still be able to read everything.

if i understand correctly, if A places B on their (A's) ignorelist, A won't see B's posts but B will see A's.
If B replies to a post made by A, A will not see that reply, but if C quotes B's post, A will see that

i don't think i'll use it (haven't up till now, not gonna start) as i think it'll mess with the "flow" of a discussion if there are posts i don't see...(can always ignore them by just not reading them :lol:)

The ignore list is not meant for blocking certain members from reading your posts. If you post here, you should be aware that everybody has the right to read your posts. Remember that most forums are even readable for guests who are not signed up. It certainly wouldn't be fair to keep members from reading posts which are freely visible for guests.

The ignore list should be used if you don't care to read the posts of certain members, for whatever reasons. In some cases it can be rather healthy to ignore posts that work you up or bore you.

if i understand correctly, if A places B on their (A's) ignorelist, A won't see B's posts but B will see A's.
If B replies to a post made by A, A will not see that reply, but if C quotes B's post, A will see that

i don't think i'll use it (haven't up till now, not gonna start) as i think it'll mess with the "flow" of a discussion if there are posts i don't see...(can always ignore them by just not reading them :lol:)
Yep, that is another very good solution. Just some people find it hard to do so and therefore use 'ignore'.

Last edited:

I believe you have understood it correctly (at least I've always understood it the same way).
And I agree with you about the problems it would cause with the flow of the discussion; it must be hard to properly follow a discussion if you can't read what someone says.

I am noticing a few issues today.

Prior to logging in, I notice a pop-up screen and advertising that was blocking the text. I tried to close it but could not.

I am also receiving high volume message from my internet browser and virus protection.

Has something changed?

I have pop-up blocker and never had this experience. I did change my internet provider and updated my virus protection but my internet browser is still the same.

Thanks

I don't think anything has changed recently. Does anybody has a simular problem?

I will ask the technical support about it.

I am noticing a few issues today.

Prior to logging in, I notice a pop-up screen and advertising that was blocking the text. I tried to close it but could not.

I am also receiving high volume message from my internet browser and virus protection.

Has something changed?

I have pop-up blocker and never had this experience. I did change my internet provider and updated my virus protection but my internet browser is still the same.

Thanks

You might try running a scan with malwarebytes (free download here) and see if you picked up some adware.

I created a group a while ago but now I wish to delete it, though I noticed that there wasn't an option for me to do so. Can I still delete a group once it's been up for more than a few months?

I created a thread awhile ago, but it looks like it was deleted by an Administrator. How do I find out why and what I did wrong? I don't want to do it again!

Thanks.

Thank you Osipi. I wondered what happened.

:previous:

Indeed it was merged as we already had a thread with more or less the same topic. We left a redirect which automatically expired after a few days so people could find it. Thanks Osipi.

I created a group a while ago but now I wish to delete it, though I noticed that there wasn't an option for me to do so. Can I still delete a group once it's been up for more than a few months?

Could you send me a PM about which group we are talking? Moderators can delete the group if needed.

Last edited:
I notice there is a 30 second limit between answering/posting PM's.

Is it possible to cut that down? - Because I often have four or five PM's waiting when I log on and it happens I don't get to respond to a PM, because I have to go away. And sometimes a PM gets deleted without a response due to storage limits.

So is it possible to cut it down to say 10 seconds?

I assume these posts are written in the same thread? You can simply edit the original post and add the information there. I don't know how fast you type and post two messages in different threads you are rather fast indeed. Much faster than me at least.

I will ask the technical team about it, but I suspect the 30 sec. rule is around to safeguard the forum in case of a spam/troll attack.

:previous:

I rather think Muhler means his private messages (PMs), not posts in threads (and I know that storage problem myself;)) - however I can't answer that question either..

:previous: That's right. Personal Messages.

I notice there is a 30 second limit between answering/posting PM's.

Is it possible to cut that down? - Because I often have four or five PM's waiting when I log on and it happens I don't get to respond to a PM, because I have to go away. And sometimes a PM gets deleted without a response due to storage limits.

So is it possible to cut it down to say 10 seconds?

Just passing on a few tricks I use. When someone sends me a PM, I get notification of it in my email. What I do then is open my notebook and type out a response before I even log onto TRF. Then go into my inbox here and just copy/paste my replies and off they go. With doing this, you're not spending a lot of time typing PMs while logged on and it is a much faster way to respond to mega PMs. :D

If there isn't a reason for saving PMs, I also empty both my inbox and sent message folders every so often and that clears up my storage area. Actually, any incoming PMs I wish to save for any reason, I do from my email address inbox.

:previous: Thanks Osipi, that's good advise. :)

I have another general advise: Always, always, always copy a long text before posting.
I've experienced more than once that the site was down after hitting post and the work I've spend twenty minutes or more writing is out the window. :bang:

A bullet point has appeared in my signature and I cannot edit it out!
I actually see it as a flash when I first open any WYSIWY box. What to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
I deleted and reset your signature, but the bullet point showed up in your last few posts. It was within the posts themselves, not in the signature. So I edited it out of those posts. I have no explanation how it got there, but hope that they are now gone for good.

Back
Top Bottom