General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
susan alicia said:
I see my postings have been deleted
Susan, it's not all about you. Eight posts by five members were taken out.
The entire line of discussion was removed by a Spanish forum moderator; the reason being that the role of women in India in encouraging their husbands to commit corrupt acts has little relevance to Inaki and Cristina of Spain.

Last edited:
I never thought it is all about me, I found the discussion of the 5 members interesting.

The thread was drawn to the Moderators' attention by a member complaint. Discussion of the culpability of Indian women in encouraging corruption by their husbands has no relevance whatsoever to the topic of Inaki, Cristina and the Spanish Royal House. After consultation, the moderator removed those posts. It was the correct decision.

An inquiry; the report button is for spam, problematic and harrasment messages. I get that, and I admit I have occasionally used it for purposes other than it was so designed.

But there is no facility other than PM'ing a moderator who might not be online, if posts are in the wrong thread, a thread has been created when it's a duplicate etc. The report button I imagine sends the message to a central point where some moderator picks it up, is it possible we could have a button for posting issues? I could PM a moderator about an ongoing off topic discussion not knowing they're on holiday for 3 weeks and the matter gets ignored until it's 20 pages long and I imagine that's techinical hassle and time consuming for you to delete instead of nipping in the bud straight away.

General honest inquiry.

On the bottom of the main page you will find 'currently active users'. You will see that most of the time a/several moderator(s) will be online who you can send a PM when needed. If you are unsure if somebody is on holiday you can add an extra moderator as BCC to your PM.

Fortunately there is no chance that the mod. team will 'miss' an on going off topic discussion that lasts for three weeks or 20 pages. Each forum has several moderators and all active threads are checked several times per day. :flowers:

Last edited:
I was wondering, if posts that were made over a week ago could be removed, and how. Thank you in advance.

:previous:

48 hours
after a post is made it becomes "frozen", after which time only a Mod or Admin can edit/delete/move it.

Use the 'Report Post' function (there is no problem in a member reporting their own post), and advise what you woud like done with the post, and why. It's pretty straightforward. :)

If the contents of a post become a topic of discussion within a thread it's unlikely the post would be removed unless the Mods felt that the entire line of discussion should go.

A post that may pose a threat to the identity or security of a member (for example, giving away too much personal information) will be edited or removed immediately on request, if the Mods haven't spotted it first.

Thank you so much! I will make use of this function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might just be me but I can't see any of the Abdication/Inauguration threads in the side bar? Is this because they're in a separate section? This also happened to be with the wedding threads in the past.

Thanks for this; yes, the Dutch Abdication & Inauguration subforum, the Madeleine & Chris subforum and the Luxembourg wedding subforum hadn't been correctly programmed.
All three areas should now be OK. :)

These aren't genuine issues, but I've been wondering a couple of things:

1. At the left hand side of a member's post, it says what time they posted it, but on my iPod (not on my PC), it says the member posted their post five hours before they actually did (e.g it would say I posted this at 1:25 pm when the actual time is 6:25 pm). Is there a way that I could change this so that the time is correct according to my time zone? (I hope this made sense ;))

2. Also, on my iPod, I cannot see some members avatars if they are tiaras/jewels/animated. This isn't affecting my avatar, but I'm just curious as to why they aren't appearing.

Regarding the abdications thread issue, I can't see them either...

Last edited:
Issue 1; All times on the website are GMT +1, your iPod (if you're using the app) may change the time. However if you're using the normal website. You should get the 5 hour delay. I don't know how to change it i'm afraid.

Issue 2; Animated avatars more than likely won't load if you're viewing the website on your iPod and won't move if you're viewing TRF via the app. Unless they're big images of tiaras/jewels they should load, they do on my iPhone in app mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Issue 1; All times on the website are GMT +1, your iPod (if you're using the app) may change the time. However if you're using the normal website. You should get the 5 hour delay. I don't know how to change it i'm afraid.

I'm using the app, but I've been having the time delay for a while. I'll check my iPod again to see if it's the correct time now, but my iPod needs updating anyway so it could be due to the fact that I haven't updated it.

Issue 2; Animated avatars more than likely won't load if you're viewing the website on your iPod and won't move if you're viewing TRF via the app. Unless they're big images of tiaras/jewels they should load, they do on my iPhone in app mode.

Thanks for this, maybe I need to refresh the page to see them. :)

Yes, it appeared to be a delayed reaction.
Curious, since most programming changes take effect immediately.
Anyway, it now displays, which is the main thing.

A few weeks ago, one of the members on my contact list was banned.Just curious what gets a person banned?Is it OK to look at a closed thread?

A few weeks ago, one of the members on my contact list was banned.Just curious what gets a person banned?Is it OK to look at a closed thread?

Yes it is okay to look at old threats, there is nothing wrong with that. You just can't reply to them after being closed.

I would imagine that being banned results from repeated violations of the TRF terms of service and rules. Our mods here are pretty easy to get along with, I think, but they also have to enforce the rules. Cross 'em too many times and you exhaust your privileges of membership.

Almost all banned members have been spammers (over 95%). The second largest group of bans are double (triple or more) accounts of already banned members.

So group that is left is quite small, most of them have been banned after multiple violations of our rules & FAQ (as Osipi says). Posters receive several warnings and usually one or more suspencion(s) before we decide to ban them.

In some cases however we may decide that an immidiate ban is the best option, this usually is the case with people who are here to promote one issue (f.e. : ´I am the true king of country X´) over and over and over again.

Last edited:
I want to delete 2 threads that I got a warning about. How do I do it?

A member who creates a thread and subsequently wants it removed it can use the 'Report Post' function or PM a Moderator. Easy. :)

Last edited:
When I want to close the banner to receive mail from TRF on the home page, it doesn't work.
It can only be closed when I'm on another page like the forum.

I am having majior difficulty with the forum today.When I log in, and hit log in, or hit things like post quick reply, the buttons highlight in blue.The discussion list is not updating- when it says there is a new post in a thread, and I click, I cannot see the new posts.Depending on what page I click the screen goes back to the way it was last night- I have already cleared the cache. No difference.When I log out, if I go to a certain page in a thread, it logs me back in without me typing in name and password.Are you guys updating the site? What is going on? What do I do?

Last edited:
It was better for 10 minutes- now it's goofy again!

There may have been server hiccups and/or communication issues earlier on. For example, although I was logged in, there was a period tonight when I was unable to successfully connect to any Forums page and was more or less stuck in limbo.

When little things go wrong, it's difficult to specify exactly what the cause was. Most problems we enounter while on the internet tend to work their way through the system and get resolved without any input from ourselves; what's required is often nothing more than patience.

I am still having issues viewing the site on my laptop switched to kindle, doing fine

If I look at any other thread outside the Forum Announcement and Admin sub sections this surrounds my screen, do you guys really have no control over this?

Attachments

• trf.jpg
    trf.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 320
The best solution to intrusive advertising is to find and download a free ad blocker program or achieve the same end by finding an ad blocker add-on through your browser Tools > Add-ons option.

I have a ?- when I am logged off an ad comes up to subscribe via email for royal news emails. I have no interest in doing so, however if I changed my mind, does it cost anything? I bumped the ad with my Kindle stick by mistake- I don't want to get any emails, or be charged money.

Do you mean the subscription bar as seen below roseroyal? If yes, then there is no charge for the emails - it is simply a subscription to the news feed which comes off the main page blog. There should also be an 'unsubscribe' option at the bottom of the email, if it turns out you did hit the subscription button.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 1.20.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 1.20.42 AM.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 268
Back
Top Bottom