From Warren's Collection...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
From Warren's Collection...​

Following the sudden passing of long-time administrator Warren in June, the TRF team was contacted by his family asking if we would be interested in Warren's collection of newspaper and magazine articles and clippings. Stretching back to at least the early 1970s, Warren had accumulated a vast treasure-trove of media covering nearly all the world's royal houses, which we considered to be a valuable resource for TRF.

Being the geographically closest member of the TRF team to Sydney, Warren's home, I arranged with his brother and sister-in-law to have his collection shipped down to Melbourne. 3 large boxes (weighing a combined 35kg!) arrived on my doorstep in early August, and since then I have been slowly scanning through the contents of multiple, highly organised folders (in true Warren fashion).

Over the coming weeks and months, you will notice that these articles will start appearing in threads around the forums (mostly in the British forum to begin with) as we share with all our members Warren's parting gift to TRF. A thread will also be created in the Royal Library, one of Warren's favourite forums, to bring the collection together into one large database for future reference.

Though he is no longer with us, Warren's TRF legacy continues to grow.

*If there is any particular event or topic that you are interested in seeing older articles about, send me a PM and I will keep an eye out during my scanning sessions and expedite their posting!

Wonderfull news,yet with a very sad origin as Warren is very much missed!!

With his collection spreading over TRF he's still around to help anyone here,
lurkers and members alike,in the who's who and what's what of Royal & Imperial peculiars.What legacy indeed!

I'm new here and i did know at all the Warren. But look forward to this collection and a big BRAVO the TRF team and Jess who cared about that.

What a wonderful gesture from Warren's family! In this way he remains part of this community.

And thank you, JessRulz, for accepting responsibility for this. I'm looking forward to see what you post. Will you identify the posts as being from Warren's collection?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

What a wonderful gesture reminding us such a sad event. Warren was a very nice person, doing a great job, even without really knowing him his aura through TRF was very strong. I m not really surprised about his family's gesture. Being his family they really knew what he wanted. I'm sure that wherever he is now he follows everything and he is happy. RIP Warren and thanks you.

What great and sad news at the same time! I think it is the most important thing that his moemory and legac will keep on living here!
My thoughts go to his family!

That's such a lovely gesture and quite a labor of love in Warren's memory.

Thank you for doing it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It is wonderful that such a kind soul like Warren is can and will remain part of TRF for years to come still sharing his vast wealth of knowledge with us.

I think it would be fitting if the thread that is to be created in the Library area be named something in honor of Warren such as Warren's Archives. Personally, I am very eager to read and explore whatever is posted there.

It was very kind of Warren's family to ensure that the documents that were so important to him have been passed on to TRF. And thank you, JessRulz, for taking on the role of curator of the collection so the information can be shared with us. :flowers:

Dear Warren and his knowledge will be missed. Jessrule you are a treasure for taking on such a big job. And Warrens family are to be commended as well for doing something positive to preserve these resources.

Warren (r.i.p) please pass condolences to his family.

What a wonderful gesture of his family. In this way the late Warren will remain a special part of TRF for years to come. Sure, Warren's heritage will be also an great bequest for TRF users all over the world.

Thanks to JessRulz who wants to share his wealth of knowledge with us. :flowers:

Last edited:
It is wonderful that such a kind soul like Warren is can and will remain part of TRF for years to come still sharing his vast wealth of knowledge with us.

I think it would be fitting if the thread that is to be created in the Library area be named something in honor of Warren such as Warren's Archives. Personally, I am very eager to read and explore whatever is posted there.

I like that idea too :) I'm interested to see what he curated over the years. I imagine it will be fascinating

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm sad to hear that Warren has passed away.:sad: I must have missed that news. My condolences to his family and everyone here who had dealings with him. He was very kind and patient. It's so good, JessRulz, that you've taken on responsibility for his collection. I look forward to remembering Warren as you post parts of his collection for us all to enjoy. :flowers:

Will you identify the posts as being from Warren's collection?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Yes, all posts containing items from Warren's collection will have the header "From Warren's Collection…" :)

To give an example of what is in Warren's collection: one of the more fascinating things I've come across so far are newspaper specials from Queen Elizabeth II's coronation in 1953 (which I venture to guess is the oldest piece).

Warren's family were happy to know that someone would be able to get enjoyment out of his collection, as they didn't know what they would do with it themselves, and all the mods knew that all our TRF members would greatly appreciate the gesture.

On my part, it's been a fun process thus far (and I'm no where near finished!) :D

Thank you Jess for updating us. What a thoughtful gesture from Warren's family and it is wonderful you have taken up on the offer of sorting out and sharing Warren's clippings with us.

Warren was truly a gem! I wish I'd got to "know" him more... sadly it's too late.

I am really very sad to learn that Warren has died. He was always super nice to me. He was so kind and so helpful whenever I needed help. I just wish I had told him so.

I cant believe how bad this made me feel, Warren was one of the few who welcomed me warmly to the forums, and I can't explain how depressed it made me feel, to actually admire people from the Internet and imagine having a cup of coffee with them in real life but then they suddenly pass on! Life is very harsh!

In memory of great Warren I write this to his family and for his beautiful soul! Rest in peace my friend!

I'm sad to hear in Sept 2022 about Warren's passing in 2015. I used to be a regular at the old forum with username El Cid. But got so busy at work and after work I just stopped visiting forums. Warren was an extraordinary forum pal that always went out of his way to help us in the old Forum when we had history questions

Rest in peace, Warren. I'm sorry to hear now, 7 years later, on his passing.

Last edited:
I'm sure his legacy will continue on in this forum

I remember Warren and all he's done for this community. His legacy will live on.

I was impressed by Warren's collection of articles and clippings from newspapers and magazines. I hope one day to have a collection like his.

Warren's legacy will live on forever here at TRF.

Back
Top Bottom