Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android Devices etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm the only one recently who said something good about the changes and now the app won't open!

Can't we just have the old one back? It's true, if it ain't broke..... come on guys, it used to be easy to get around. Now..... I don't like it.

I wouldn't say the old one wasn't broken - it definitely had glitches. But the new one... I'd much rather the old one back than the new one.

Aaaaaaaahhhh, finally i found the 'full site' option and now everything is readable again :) hopefully the 'last post' buttons are working here too :)

What do you mean by the full site? If there is something we should know about in order to navigate easier then please let us know. Any help would be greatly appreciated including how to get my avatar to show up.
Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

samsung tablet, using forum from browser: layout had changed a few days ago (pretty unusable)
today i opened a thread i wanted to see and at the very bottom there was a light-grey link 'full site' and after clicking on that the layout returned to the way it was before

Oh. I see. Well I will attempt to find the full site on my tablet as well. Thanks for the information. :)

I still like this update and hope it is kept just somehow fix the problems.

Just awful is right

Now the mobile app as well?!
I'm deleting it off my iPad and iPhone because it's just awful. The layout is unworkable. Why change what wasn't broken?

Bad decision.

I'm not going to TRF on my iphone now. It just doesn't work. I hunt all over the place to find what I want. What was the motivation for the change?
And, I'm not a person who minds a change, if it is for the better. :sad:

Please, can the App developers revert us back to the old format? This new version isn't working on the iPhone/iPad. You can't
1- change settings.It shows changed, but doesn't apply changes
2- go from a link back to the thread. You have to close link and reopen TRF every time!
3- set/change avatars.
Furthermore, it takes ages to load, it's complicated to know which threads have new posts, topics don't load, can't erase older notifications......

Last edited:
reverting to the old isn't an option but we've reported the issues to the app developer and think we should see an update pushed out in the next day or so. Thanks for your patience :flowers:

I'm liking the new new ap more than the last one. It's sleeker and easier to navigate (plus without the colours).

It would be nice for a future update if the multi quote reply could return (unless it's not gone and I just can't figure it out).

I still hate the app and now no longer use the forums unless I'm on my laptop.

I don't like the colours, I don't like the layout, the fact the thread I reply to disappears when I've looked at it annoys me, no delete function, no multi-quote reply.

Real shame.

I just downloaded the update for the iPhone app and I must say... I love it. Looks great. Well done.

I've updated the app and it seems to have sorted most of the issues I was having with the previous update. However, the avatars are all missing now which I didn't realise how much I liked having them until now. On balance I too think I will access the Forums through the website rather than the app.

So, in general I'm still liking the new app.

I'm still not a big fan of the message set up, but I'll get used to it (it somehow seems smaller than on the old app, if that makes sense). That said I haven't noticed the glitches that I had previously noticed with the message set up (how it made everything one paragraph or when it froze while sending a message), so overall I'd consider that a gain. I still like how you can save drafts as well.

The layout and overall look is, in my opinion, actually really nice, and sleek. It's making the most out of the app. That said, I can't make sense out of the "participated" section as it always shows no topics. Similarly, while I like the display of profiles, I find that if I click on "posts" it also ends up with no topics regardless of how many posts the user has.

It does suck that the delete post and multi-quote functions are gone. It'd also be awesome if, in a future update, things like the "thanks" could be added to the app. I find it's a huge nuisance to try to thank people using safari on my phone.

Also, I'm finding that the settings seem to reset periodically. I know I've had to turn off the signature a few times, only to find it turned back on again later.

Am I right on thinking you still can't go back to a thread once you've followed a link? I find I have to reopen the Forums - if this isn't the case, what should I be doing?

Am I right on thinking you still can't go back to a thread once you've followed a link? I find I have to reopen the Forums - if this isn't the case, what should I be doing?

I am still having this problem - it is very annoying particularly in the fashion threads.

I found that in settings you can change it so that links open in the app instead of in the forum. Granted, setting changes don't seem to stick all the time, but it's something.

I am now able to go back to a thread after opening a link without having to reopen the thread. But I still can't upload my avatar or see others. Also cannot delete old notifications or see threads participated in...??

I found that in settings you can change it so that links open in the app instead of in the forum. Granted, setting changes don't seem to stick all the time, but it's something.
Thanks, I have adjusted the settings and so far it's working.

Has there been any explanation on why most avatars don't work on this updated mobile forum?

Hello everybody,
I downloaded the iPhone app and have a question about new posts : for example if there is a new post in the "Princess Madeleine and Chris O Neil thread" shouldn't the bubble next to "reigning houses", "Royal House of Sweden" etc be blue to indicate a new post and turn grey once I've read the post ? Every time I open the app, I have to open each royal house page to see if there are new posts and it's really a waste of time... Thanks !

If you touch the left hand side of the screen a menu will open. One of the options there is "unread," which if you click will show all the threads with unread messages.

I have recently purchased an iPhone and have downloaded the updated app. It's not what I was expecting (judging by what others have said here I was expecting to open a very frustrating app), but I just have one complaint. When I open a link to another thread on the forums that someone has posted, it brings me to a thread which is totally off-topic - e.g. I would be trying to visit a thread about Buckingham Palace but I would end up on a thread about Princess Letizia. Is anyone else having this problem and are there any possibilities that the app designer could resolve this? I'm also wondering about avatars, too. I can only see some (mainly the tiara ones).

Please help! I can't upload my avatar, no matter what I try. Also, I notice that avatars are shown in the Unread location, but once you open the thread it is no longer there. Why is that?

Please help! I can't upload my avatar, no matter what I try. Also, I notice that avatars are shown in the Unread location, but once you open the thread it is no longer there. Why is that?

Avatars don't seem to work (or always work) with the app. If you want to see if your avatar is working check through the site instead.

Yours seems to be working; if I go to the website I can see an avatar by your name.

Is there any way to get the signature to stop turning itself on? I've changed the settings for that both in quick reply and in the app's settings, but it continues to end up back on again.

Thanks, ish, for your reply. However, i can't see my avatar on the iPad app. No matter what i do.

Back
Top Bottom