If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm also not seeing my uploaded avatar on my posts. Do you think it has something to do with what browser we're using? I'm using Firefox here. I know it's a very remote possibility, but weirder things have been known to happen... :)

I have no idea what the problem is, but Andy's looking into it. However, it seems to not just be affecting this board, which means that it might have to wait for a vbulletin patch. In the meantime, we have a new and improved avatar gallery for you to choose from!

This is a test post. My avatar doesn't seem to be showing up and I've done everything that has been suggested.

Alexandria said:
Juanita,

As you can see, many members are having the same problem as you. And as has been explained, it is a glitch in the software that allows some members to upload personal avatars without a problem and others are not able to.

As we've updated the Avatar Galleries now, please just select an avatar from there: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar.
Since my avatar isn't working now either I think there is more than just the glitch with the software since it doesn't do other things for me as well. Somehow it all has to be connected. Like a lemon recall until more than one goes out its not noticed as a problem.

Elspeth, I sent this Avatar problem to a moderator, but since you are around maybe you have the solution:
Every time I load my new avatar, my 4th test for the day, it does not pull up but it shows on the profile section. So I used one of the local ones the forum has and they show up in all my posts. But the one I try to upload does not come up. I followed the instructions exactly as they are.The Avatar does show up on the profile section and sometimes is just a green dot.
Any ideas?
Should I place it in one of those photobuckets sites and pull it from there?

The avatar is a mini version of my profile Alfonso XII book cover, I just added a thing or two. But is 80 pixels by 80 pixels jpg.

Toledo, other members are also having a problem with custom avatars. Please see this thread.

Thanks, I did not know about this! Can you send my post above to that thread instead of this one?
Nice avatar whip Alexandria, Ouch!

post post edit:
thanks for the post transfer. I'm going to make an attempt to load it from a free photo service I just shipped it to...

post post post edit:
two minutes after the above line: No, it did not work either. Oh well, at least the large version does show on my profile. I'm sure the avatar thingy problem will fix up during the week

Last edited:
Still no luck to upload anything nor grab it from a photo site. The only time I was able to load the avatar is when I borrowed one of the forum's avatar section. I think the problem is the 'save' button that does not respond to an upload.

Toledo, this seems to be a problem with the new vbulletin upgrade; it isn't just the Royal Forums. While the people at vbulletin are convinced there isn't really a problem, there may not be anything we can do.

You know what is strange, I had no trouble to upload the picture 300 x 300 pixels I set for the profile, and I did it several times because I kept finding errors in my design with the letters. But it uploaded every time to that part of the User CP settings. And the 80 X 80 pixels avatar, same picture in miniature, did not go up a single time. That's why I pin point it to the save button on the Avatar section that does not respond to the same save button on the section to change the profile picture.
Maybe with the VBulletin upgrade someone forgot to set up the command to upload on the Avatar page?

Toledo said:
Maybe with the VBulletin upgrade someone forgot to set up the command to upload on the Avatar page?
The solution is harder to pin-point because the problem doesn't affect everyone. It can also be erratic, eg won't load a custom avatar for a week, then suddenly it 'takes'. There's no logical explanantion, and as administrators of other boards have reported the same problem to the vbulletin support desk, we believe it has to be a vbulletin software fault.

Then we will just have to wait for them to solve it. I'll see what I can find and borrow in your forum's selection, I did notice there is a limited amount of historical male royals compared to the historical female royals to choose from.

post edit update: I'll stick with the Juan Carlos and Sofia vintage picture, although her face looks kind of strange

Last edited:
Custom Avatar Not Showing

I uploaded a custom avatar but it doesn't show with my posts. Is there anything I did wrong?

hi, i was just wondering if you could please help me. i never had an avastar before until now and when i downloaded the picture and save it (i did everything that you guys mentions in this thread) and on the home page of "Edit Avastar" it has my picture but when i post any replys it doesnt show. HELP!

As has been mentioned by many other members, the ability to have custom or personal avatars is only selectively working. We don't know why it works for some and not for others. Even for the Moderating team it is not working for everyone.

We are working on fixing the problem, but it's difficult to figure out as it's not happening to everybody.

Please just go to your User CP and Edit Avatar and pick from our more than 1,000 avatars.

Has anyone else tried again since the new server switch?

Ann

We're still being hosted by the original server pending resolution of hardware/software problems with the new server.

thanks

giaga said:
I can see Queen Paola.

Well, if you can see Queen Paola than it works the way I thougt hoped it would in the present situation. I hope it stays that way. That is just what I wanted to know for now. Thanks for letting me know. :)

paola

paola said:
Well, if you can see Queen Paola than it works the way I thougt hoped it would in the present situation. I hope it stays that way. That is just what I wanted to know for now. Thanks for letting me know. :) paola
If you can see your avatar in a post it has worked.
The problem occurs when the avatar loads into User CP but doesn't appear in posts.

Warren said:
If you can see your avatar in a post it has worked.
The problem occurs when the avatar loads into User CP but doesn't appear in posts.

Reading Warren's post has also made me think that you might not have your "View Avatars" function turned on.

To do this, go to User CP then Edit Options. The third blue box down is Thread Display Options. Make sure that the second box Show Avatars is checked. Then you can see your own avatar and the avatar of others.

Alexandria said:
To do this, go to User CP then Edit Options. The third blue box down is Thread Display Options. Make sure that the second box Show Avatars is checked. Then you can see your own avatar and the avatar of others.

I did that but I am still not able to see my avatar when it is created by me. Thanks.

I can't see any of the avatars except from those the Forums suggest.Maybe it's my computer..

I took a pic from TRF members create a new avatar. I saved it in my computer and Ive in user CP set this like custom image. It showed me on Current avatar that picture, but when Im posting I dont see avatar. Can anyone help me, please?

Have a look earlier in this thread for answers. This is a problem that's happening on a lot of vbulletin boards; there may not be anything we can do about it.

We've greatly expanded the avatar gallery so that people have a lot of choices. If anyone wants an avatar of a royal who isn't represented in the gallery, just send a private message to one of the moderation team and we'll see what we can do.

Hallo,
I used an avatar from my computer and it's smal 70* 65.
when I'm posting I dont see my avatar. Help please.

Have a look earlier in the thread, Joumana. This is a fairly widespread problem, and there isn't anything much we can do. Just go ahead and pick an avatar from the gallery for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom