If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me tell you how my morning has been so far:

fell out of bed:confused:
brushed my tooth
washed my face
tripped down the last three stairs:mad:
burnt my fingers on the toaster:mad:
scalded my tongue while sipping my coffee:mad:
logged on to TRF:)

My avatar just appeared!!! Hurrah!!!!!!:p

It's going to be a glorious day!:D :D

I've had that same problem before, then I just decided to switch to the avatars offered by this site. I'll still try to replace it by my customized avatar and see if it'll appear.

Yes, "London" is such a giveaway! We'll be knocking on your front door before you know it. Anyway, haven't you moved yet?

I have but I can't be bothered to change the profile info. lol.

There's no error. The custom avatar uploads perfectly, it just doesn't appear anywhere but in the Control Panel - not in my profile nor in my posts.

Same for me.

Consider it changed.;) Lazy git.:D

Do you have a custom avatar loaded at the moment? In the admin control panel I don't see any sign of an avatar.

Last edited:
Just uploaded my custom avatar and, as you can see, it's not there (though it is at my control panel)

Consider it changed.;) Lazy git.:D Do you have a custom avatar loaded at the moment? In the admin control panel I don't see any sign of an avatar.

Thanks Elspeth - I feel honoured. I'll check but I did upload an av. I'll try again.

Well, there's no sign of avatars in your profiles (I checked both Meredith and BeatrixFan) in the Admin control panel, so obviously something isn't working.

Where are you hosting the avatar images?

Imageshack. I'll try uploading it but it's definately showing for me.

Nope. Even uploaded it doesn't work.

Well, according to the vbulletin troubleshooting board, a lot of boards are having a problem with custom avatars; the vbulletin people are more or less saying that it must be the boards' problems, as far as I can see. There are some instructions to try and get round it, but I think Andy's the only one who can implement them, so I'll give him a shout. See if that helps at all, although judging from the vbulletin board, it may not.

Elspeth said:
Well, according to the vbulletin troubleshooting board, a lot of boards are having a problem with custom avatars; the vbulletin people are more or less saying that it must be the boards' problems, as far as I can see. There are some instructions to try and get round it, but I think Andy's the only one who can implement them, so I'll give him a shout. See if that helps at all, although judging from the vbulletin board, it may not.

In the meantime, we are also working on updating our avatar galleries, so that there is a better selection at least if some members can't have a custom avatar.

BeatrixFan said:
Imageshack. I'll try uploading it but it's definately showing for me.
Sam have you tried the custom avatar process with the image uploaded directly from your PC? It seems to me that uploading an avatar image from a hosting site introduces another level of complexity. The image code and hosting site internal location code work well enough to get the image onto the Control Panel, but then can't transfer this data into each of your posts to reproduce the avatar.

The logic is that when uploaded from your PC the image itself is uploaded onto the TRF server; uploading from a hosting site is not uploading the image but an address code to locate the image. When the TRF software attempts to link your posts to your avatar file, instead of a picture it finds lines of code which cannot be displayed in an image format.

I don't know if this is an answer to the custom avatar problem, but I was surprised that you are using a hosting site as the image source and not your PC.

Tried and failed Warren. I just can't seem to crack this one.

Why Can't I load animated gif avatar. It is only 11 kB. Some members have animated avatars.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the "file type" need to be...maybe that's my problem.

I've tried to use an avatar from the galleries, but that doesn't work.

Right now, I uploaded one from my computer, it goes through and I can see it on my control panel, but not on threads.

I'll try uploading the pic using imageshack.....

Last edited:
I'm getting an error message with that link, followed by a redirect to the forum main page. Is it working for you?

Mathilde, I thought your avatar from the gallery showed up once I switched it from the profile picture field to the avatar field in your profile; at least that's what you said after I did it, and I remember seeing the avatar for a while at least.

OK, Mathilde, I've reinstated the gallery avatar that you had last time we tried this. I can see it on the thread. Can you see it also?

Hello out there. I am one of the poor people who can't have a custom avatar at all either. I have tried everything. It shows up in my user cp but.... not in any of my posts. I have tried everything under the sun and took the advice from Warren on a different way to upload still nothing. I see everyone for the most part as the avatar they want but.... not me. I would be nice as if someone could update the gallery avatar for the BRF as the Peter Phillips is missing from the rest of his family. He is the only one who doesn't have one in the gallery. Thanks in advance to all the administrators working on the problems I hope they are fixed soon.

Kelly 1972
PS My custom avatar is still showing in my user cp if anyone can fix it from your end if you have pity on me. LOL. Thank you:D

I have a problem!
I can see my avatar (in that part Edit Avatar, Your Current Avatar) but in my posts i can't see it!! :(
Can someone help me, please?

I will post the avatar...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quite a mystery actually! For months I have been able to upload tuns of custom avatars and at the moment it's just not working anymore (as in showing up at the upload page, but not in my profile or posts). I think this is my punishment for changing my avatar every two days. :p I just became too selfconfident, I guess.

Oh well, there are some pretty cool avatars in the gallery too, so I'll use them for the time being. :)

I hate to sound like a broken record (and I'm pretty sure that you have plenty of work at your hands as it is), but I still can't upload a custom avatar.

Do you have any prospect of fixing this?

thanks again

Are you getting an error message or is it just not working?

Meredith said:
I hate to sound like a broken record (and I'm pretty sure that you have plenty of work at your hands as it is), but I still can't upload a custom avatar.

Do you have any prospect of fixing this?

thanks again

I know how you guys feel, since I also can't upload a custom avatar (slaps her forehead for trying to change the old one).

All I can assure right now is that Andy and the team are making everything to fix this problem so everyone can have their desired avatars. Please, just a little more patience!

ysbel said:
Are you getting an error message or is it just not working?

No ysbel, there's no error message, the avatar appears in my CP but doesn't appear in my posts, just like Maxie's.

Anna_R said:
I know how you guys feel, since I also can't upload a custom avatar (slaps her forehead for trying to change the old one).

All I can assure right now is that Andy and the team are making everything to fix this problem so everyone can have their desired avatars. Please, just a little more patience!

Thank you Anna! I'll rotate through the new avatar gallery then.

same here, but it seems that this will be sorted so I am not really concerned

Back
Top Bottom