If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Mary 1, try to upload your avatar again. What I did was click open when I found the avatar I saved on my computer then save changes. It worked for me. Thanks again BeccaLynn 07 I love my new avatar.

Kelly 1972

I'd love my new avatar if I could see it in my posts. It shows on the user CP as being there but.....it doesn't show on my posts. What's wrong. I would appreciate anyones input. Thanks kelly1972

kelly1972, I have the same problem. On the user CP, the avatar that I chose shows up but when I post, it doesn't show up. I'd appreciate any tips! Thank you!

BeccaLynn07 said:
Did you perhaps not click "Save changes" at the bottom?....

I'm sorry my explaination didn't help you out, Queen Mary I....:(

Please do not apologize! I appreciate all suggestions! :)

I'm still not seeing 'myself' LOL! ;) One of these days..This is a long shot but perhaps the function will only work for the avatars in the gallery? Or perhaps my avatar option has to be 'enabled' by an administrator?

I just read the 'TRF Members Create Avatars' thread
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/trf-members-create-avatars-7185.html

Perhaps the 'technical glitches' that are mentioned in the thread are still there? It seems so since at least a few of us seem to be having the same problem.

Ok I just clicked on one of the late Diana, Princess Of Wales avatars just to test it out. I can see it.
I think this proves my theory that only the avatars that are in the gallery can be used.
I love Diana muchly but I prefer a Queen Mary I avatar.

I went back to the gallery and it seems when one uploads a custom avatar-there is no button to click on to in order to 'keep' that avatar. The Save option doesn't seem to do the trick. The avatars already in the gallery have a blue button to click on to. The uploaded Custom avatar, or one added by URL does not have a blue button to Click onto. There is one to the Right of the uploaded Custom avatar but it is the 'Do Not Use Avatar' option.

Last edited:
Queen Mary I said:
Please do not apologize! I appreciate all suggestions! :)

I'm still not seeing 'myself' LOL! ;) One of these days..This is a long shot but perhaps the function will only work for the avatars in the gallery? Or perhaps my avatar option has to be 'enabled' by an administrator?

I just read the 'TRF Members Create Avatars' thread
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/trf-members-create-avatars-7185.html

Perhaps the 'technical glitches' that are mentioned in the thread are still there? It seems so since at least a few of us seem to be having the same problem.

Ok I just clicked on one of the late Diana, Princess Of Wales avatars just to test it out. I can see it.
I think this proves my theory that only the avatars that are in the gallery can be used.
I love Diana muchly but I prefer a Queen Mary I avatar.

I went back to the gallery and it seems when one uploads a custom avatar-there is no button to click on to in order to 'keep' that avatar. The Save option doesn't seem to do the trick. The avatars already in the gallery have a blue button to click on to. The uploaded Custom avatar, or one added by URL does not have a blue button to Click onto. There is one to the Right of the uploaded Custom avatar but it is the 'Do Not Use Avatar' option.
It worked just fine for me. Do you have a particular browser you're using? And if so, have you tried another one? Some times that may help.

norwegianne said:
It worked just fine for me. Do you have a particular browser you're using? And if so, have you tried another one? Some times that may help.

I have tried everything and I don't usually have a problem with avatars on other forums. Well, I'll just keep Diana for now. :)

I'll keep trying to get the avatar I want. If not I will keep the one I have. Hopefully soon all the glitches will be sorted out.:confused:

I'm really sorry that things aren't working for you Queen Mary I, and Kelly1972.

hehee, it may just be my confusing explaination...:eek:

BeccaLynn07 said:
I'm really sorry that things aren't working for you Queen Mary I, and Kelly1972.

hehee, it may just be my confusing explaination...:eek:

I tested it again but same problemo-so it's back to the lovely Diana. :)

I would love to have my Peter Phillips avatar but....I'll have to settle for his sister Zara. Thanks for the help everyone. I hope TRF straighten out the glitches or add Peter to the rest of his family. I'm sure they all miss him lol.:(

I keep choosing an avatar and it doesn't show so I am thoroughly boring and haven't got a pretty picture by my username. :( Can anyone help?

BeatrixFan said:
I keep choosing an avatar and it doesn't show so I am thoroughly boring and haven't got a pretty picture by my username. :( Can anyone help?
What happened to your previous avatar? What you seem to have done is taken out the old one, and replaced it with nothing.

In User CP, Edit Avatar, have you clicked "use custom avatar" (meaning one of your own)?, then 'Browse', ie select from "my pictures" or whatever on your PC, then 'save changes'?
At what point is it failing?
Have you tried using a TRF avatar from the gallery? What happens?
So many questions!

Well, I tried to change my previous avatar and it shows up in my CP as changed but it doesn't show up on the forums. I'll have a poke around and see what I can find out. The TRF avatars don't work for me either.

Nope. Nothing happens. I can't get an avatar to show.

BeatrixFan said:
Nope. Nothing happens. I can't get an avatar to show.
You've either broken something, or there's a conspiracy to deny you a pretty picture.

I'm going on the conspiracy theory. But its probably that I've broken something. I'm a bad boy.

I can't use an avatar that photofan did make of Lille Prinsen of Norway.

Pease help

LaMinka said:
I can't use an avatar that photofan did make of Lille Prinsen of Norway.

Pease help

These problems appear to be related to Andy's new software upgrades and they should be resolved once Andy is done. Meanwhile, please use the avatars from the TRF avatar gallery as it is still functional. Thank you very much for your patience and please bear with us until Andy completes the necessary upgrades and maintenance.

Mandy said:
These problems appear to be related to Andy's new software upgrades and they should be resolved once Andy is done. Meanwhile, please use the avatars from the TRF avatar gallery as it is still functional. Thank you very much for your patience and please bear with us until Andy completes the necessary upgrades and maintenance.
Okay..Thanks!:)

Warren said:
What happened to your previous avatar? What you seem to have done is taken out the old one, and replaced it with nothing.

In User CP, Edit Avatar, have you clicked "use custom avatar" (meaning one of your own)?, then 'Browse', ie select from "my pictures" or whatever on your PC, then 'save changes'?
At what point is it failing?
Have you tried using a TRF avatar from the gallery? What happens?
So many questions!

It didn't work for me either,I have done soo many times before,but there seems to be a problem.

When will the maintenances be done. I want to use some custom avatars but they are not working for me.

I think I'm having the same problem as lil monkey please let us know when the software upgrade is finished

I can't upload custom avatars!

I wanted to change my avatar today by uploading an avatar from my computer (the avatar has been posted here already and has correct size) but after I clicked on "save changes" there was written uploading failed although the avatar appeared in "your current avatar". The custom avatar didn't appear behind my name though!:(

Do others have similar problems with uploading custom avatars or am I the only one? Are the mods working on something for instance?:confused:

drimal said:
Do others have similar problems with uploading custom avatars or am I the only one?

I don't want to turn this thread into a "me-too-story" but it seems to be a general problem, for I failed uploading an avatar either. I see my avatar picture in my CP but not on the forums. It would have been my first avatar ever and I hope this problem will get fixed soon. I'd love to have a nice avatar like so many others here ...

Gladys said:
I don't want to turn this thread into a "me-too-story" but it seems to be a general problem, for I failed uploading an avatar either. I see my avatar picture in my CP but not on the forums. It would have been my first avatar ever and I hope this problem will get fixed soon. I'd love to have a nice avatar like so many others here ...

I really hope so too,before new year...

Yep, same problem for me aswell. I've got a fantastic pic of Elizabeth I, but I'll have to stick with Elizabeth II for now.

It appears that the avatar-uploading problem is standard across all vBulletin Message Boards and is an unintended result of the latest vBulletin software upgrade.

Unfortunately this means the problem can't be resolved from the TRF end, and requires a vBulletin software fix.

Thanks everyone for your (continuing) patience. We all want this problem resolved as soon as possible.

The TRF Team

Warren said:
It appears that the avatar-uploading problem is standard across all vBulletin Message Boards and is an unintended result of the latest vBulletin software upgrade.

Unfortunately this means the problem can't be resolved from the TRF end, and requires a vBulletin software fix.

Thanks everyone for your (continuing) patience. We all want this problem resolved as soon as possible.

The TRF Team

Thank you for the update. I tried again today but still no luck. At least the problem is software upgrade-and not my computer like I thought! Hopefully it can be resolved soon but in the meantime I'll play with the avatar gallery. :)

Try this...

I picked this up elsewhere. I think it refers to when the avatar is showing in 'Edit Avatar' in the User Control Panel, but not in posts on the Board.
Give it a try if you are having this problem, and see if it works.

Warren

Press or click the refresh button while holding the shift and ctrl key together, then the avatar will download from internet instead of from internet cache stored on the computer.

drimal said:
I wanted to change my avatar today by uploading an avatar from my computer (the avatar has been posted here already and has correct size) but after I clicked on "save changes" there was written uploading failed although the avatar appeared in "your current avatar". The custom avatar didn't appear behind my name though!:(

Do others have similar problems with uploading custom avatars or am I the only one? Are the mods working on something for instance?:confused:

That the problem I had when I tried to get an avatar.

Back
Top Bottom