Princess Lalla Salma's role in Morocco and the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amina1

Courtier
Don't you think that Lalla Salma gained a little weight? I think it's because that she is a mother now.
Also, I read that Lalla Salma does not work anymore where she used to as a computer scientist.

of course she doesnt work anymore...she is now morocco's version of the queen...can you imagine her working????

Yes, at least she will take a position as her sisters in law do, she can't just stay in the house and sometimes appear in public, she will get borred because she is an outgoing person, she used to study and work!

trust me she has a lot of charities that she is involved in...there is no time to sit and be bored

Princess Lalla Salma Current Events 1:

what does lalla salma make?
Since her visit in a day nursery in Paris in last December, salma doesn't absolutely have anything makes
At the time of the last Arabian woman convention, where were presented Asma El Assad, and Rania of jordan, that is lalla meryem that represented, morocco , at the time of the last earthquake in morocco, it is always lalla meryem that has visit wounded , then, what makes the first lady of morococ of her days?

Originally posted by rosa@Mar 30th, 2004 - 2:11 am
what does lalla salma make?
Since her visit in a day nursery in Paris in last December, salma doesn't absolutely have anything makes
At the time of the last Arabian woman convention, where were presented Asma El Assad, and Rania of jordan, that is lalla meryem that represented, morocco , at the time of the last earthquake in morocco, it is always lalla meryem that has visit wounded , then, what makes the first lady of morococ of her days?
shopping and having a lavish live

love laila

shopping and having a lavish live

love laila
you are just sorry that you are not in her shoes. tell me how many times did you see her shopping

Last edited by a moderator:
you are just sorry that you are not in her shoes. tell me how many times did you see her shopping
i agree.
Not to see her on newspapers and gossips,doesn't meaning that she's spending her time on shopping,as we already saw doing some other royals B)
I believe that lalla salma is an intelligent woman who could help her people,but the protocol in morocco doesn't help her.
I believe that one's could make a difference through manipulating public opinion,by ovexposing to the medias,and one's who really works ,at least,real works don't need advertising :innocent: :rolleyes:

we have to remember it is very unusual to even see the first lady in public...this is new to morocco so she is the first princess (married to the king) to have some kind of public life..let's give her some room to make an impact on society and pave a way for women in morocco...

Coming back to her problems with her sisters-in-law, don't you think they want to learn her the "diplomatic language" and she disagrees...
Her sisters-in-law think she's not able to have activities but everywhere else, each new first Lady, each new princess have activities immediately after her husband's election or her wedding, whatever her age or background, even Mette-Marit or Mrs Bush. In Paris, everyone notice she was very relevant, so much more pertinent than others princesses, so she's not unable.
i understand she would be very upset her sisters-in-law are thinking she's the only not able in the world. It's just a girls' affair between sisters who have very closed relationship with their brother, who made arranged marriages and who had been forbidden to make studies at university by their father.
That's why it's rather a problem of diplomatic behaviour : in meetings, you have to shake your hands and to congratulate everybody, even if you are totally against this person.

Originally posted by mya@Mar 30th, 2004 - 9:02 pm
we have to remember it is very unusual to even see the first lady in public...this is new to morocco so she is the first princess (married to the king) to have some kind of public life..let's give her some room to make an impact on society and pave a way for women in morocco...
I agree. There has really never been a public role for the wife of the King of Morocco. Therefore, Lalla Salma has to create her own role and that takes time.

Originally posted by Monalisa@Mar 30th, 2004 - 3:44 pm
i agree.
Not to see her on newspapers and gossips,doesn't meaning that she's spending her time on shopping,as we already saw doing some other royals B)
I believe that lalla salma is an intelligent woman who could help her people,but the protocol in morocco doesn't help her.
I believe that one's could make a difference through manipulating public opinion,by ovexposing to the medias,and one's who really works ,at least,real works don't need advertising :innocent: :rolleyes:
Don’t you think that she should have gone, to comfort wounded of the earthquake of El Houceima? Or is it necessary also, to let him the time, to learn to be compassionate?
Mohamed VI tried to show to the international community that the situation of the Moroccan woman has evolve, I think therefore he would like to see his wife, more active because that would reinforce the picture of a modern morocco; therefore I don't think that it is the protocol that would stop Salma from acting; All depends solely on her

She's young and she has a small child to look after and care for. The sisters of the King have grown-up children from what I gather. Salma has her priorities straight. Better to be at home and see her son grow than galavanting around Morocco or the world trying to solve problems that seem always never to be resolved. Should she be going just to be seen, to prove a point? Who knows how she really spends her private time. There are people in this world who actually don't need the spotlight to do good deeds. She's lucky that as the wife of an important man she still has some privacy AND private time.

Originally posted by yazz@Mar 31st, 2004 - 5:43 am
Coming back to her problems with her sisters-in-law, don't you think they want to learn her the "diplomatic language" and she disagrees...
Her sisters-in-law think she's not able to have activities but everywhere else, each new first Lady, each new princess have activities immediately after her husband's election or her wedding, whatever her age or background, even Mette-Marit or Mrs Bush. In Paris, everyone notice she was very relevant, so much more pertinent than others princesses, so she's not unable.
i understand she would be very upset her sisters-in-law are thinking she's the only not able in the world. It's just a girls' affair between sisters who have very closed relationship with their brother, who made arranged marriages and who had been forbidden to make studies at university by their father.
That's why it's rather a problem of diplomatic behaviour : in meetings, you have to shake your hands and to congratulate everybody, even if you are totally against this person.
According to you, Salma is inactive because her sisters-in-law are jealous of her (salma made academic studies and not them, they made the arranged marriages and she a marriage of love (???))
these are only assumption, and me I have another one, perhaps, really salma is not made to be first lady of morocco, so as you say it, if she was perfected at the time of her displacement in France, she would have been more active since, it is maybe because she was not at the loftiness that she is invisible since
as for saying that salma is so honest that she refuses the diplomatic language, seriously if she was honest she would not accept to live in the luxury when the Moroccan people lives in misery

Where did you find out that Lalla Salma has problems with her sisters in-law? It does not mean that they have problems if they are not seen together in public, no one really knows what's going on in that royal family, and for Lalla Salma'appearance in public, I think that her husband and her know that she's new to the public world and needs time.
And queen rania when she was a princess I don't think that she was appearing that much as now in public.

P.Lalla Salma seems very discret person, she doesn't appear a lot like others queens of meadle-eastern and europe and for me this is a good thing :heart:

Salma is enough discreet, it is not need to compare her to the other queens but merely to her sisters-in-law who are a lot more implied in the associative life

Originally posted by rosa@Jun 26th, 2004 - 9:31 am
Salma is enough discreet, it is not need to compare her to the other queens but merely to her sisters-in-law who are a lot more implied in the associative life
What would you like to see lalla Salma do?

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:18 pm
What would you like to see lalla Salma do?
Morocco is a country where unfortunately problems don't lack, brilliant woman as she, would find easily a domain where she could bring something; for the meantime she seems enough unobtrusive to me compared to her sister-in-law , maybe she need of more than time to find her place

rosa said:
Morocco is a country where unfortunately problems don't lack, brilliant woman as she, would find easily a domain where she could bring something; for the meantime she seems enough unobtrusive to me compared to her sister-in-law , maybe she need of more than time to find her place
I don’t know country without the problems. Do you?
What do you want lalla Salma to bring for her country?

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 28th, 2004 - 4:59 pm
I don’t know country without the problems. Do you?
What do you want lalla Salma to bring for her country?
you want that I tell you what she should make, the answer is very simple, to imply herself in an action to car for it , each among us, has a domain in which, if he was able to, he would like to invest, and lalla salma must certainly have one also
Did I answer your question?

rosa said:
you want that I tell you what she should make, the answer is very simple, to imply herself in an action to car for it , each among us, has a domain in which, if he was able to, he would like to invest, and lalla salma must certainly have one also
Did I answer your question?
I have a problem to understand how lalla Salma should imply herself in an action.
Lalla Salma is young, intelligent, modern lady with straight priorities. To give birth to a child and taking care of him is important as running a business or a country.

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 29th, 2004 - 8:09 pm
I have a problem to understand how lalla Salma should imply herself in an action.
Lalla Salma is young, intelligent, modern lady with straight priorities. To give birth to a child and taking care of him is important as running a business or a country.
it is a way to see the things, but for me, woman can be, very good mother , while having some activities in parallels, but it is obvious, that every woman has her own conception of the role that she has to play in the society; so for lalla salma, it consists only, in giving birth and to take care of her child, it is also a very noble work, around me I especially see active women that take care at the same time very well of their homes, therefore I think that women can make the two things at a time

rosa said:
it is a way to see the things, but for me, woman can be, very good mother , while having some activities in parallels, but it is obvious, that every woman has her own conception of the role that she has to play in the society; so for lalla salma, it consists only, in giving birth and to take care of her child, it is also a very noble work, around me I especially see active women that take care at the same time very well of their homes, therefore I think that women can make the two things at a time
Producing heir is a great responsibility. Princess Masako end up in bad condition for not being able give birth to the heir. Taking care of our children is also very important they are our future.
Lalla Salma is a great mommy and at the same time she is fulfilling her duty of Princess consort-wife of king Mohammed VI.
I have problem to understand what do you what her to do more.

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 30th, 2004 - 3:48 pm
Producing heir is a great responsibility. Princess Masako end up in bad condition for not being able give birth to the heir. Taking care of our children is also very important they are our future.
Lalla Salma is a great mommy and at the same time she is fulfilling her duty of Princess consort-wife of king Mohammed VI.
I have problem to understand what do you what her to do more.
I think that I cannot be more clearly, I have say that a woman could have some activities in the same way at her family's life, the fact to have an activity doesn't stop a woman from having children and take care for them
you always ask me the same question, why must have she an activity, I answer you that she didn't oblige to have one, but lot of woman in her place would have one
PS: I would like to ask you a question, why at the time of the earthquake of el hoceima, is lalla meryem that visited to the wounded and not lalla salma?

rosa said:
I think that I cannot be more clearly, I have say that a woman could have some activities in the same way at her family's life, the fact to have an activity doesn't stop a woman from having children and take care for them
you always ask me the same question, why must have she an activity, I answer you that she didn't oblige to have one, but lot of woman in her place would have one
PS: I would like to ask you a question, why at the time of the earthquake of el hoceima, is lalla meryem that visited to the wounded and not lalla salma?
Maybe there is a power conflict between Meriem and Salma...Maybe Meryem does not want to give up her position and does not accept that Salma be on the spotlight all the time...

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:00 pm
Maybe Meryem does not want to give up her position
:unsure: why should meryem to give up her position. maroc is big enought for 4 princesses :flower:

rosa said:
Do you want lalla Salma to jet around the world?
Lalla Meryem is a president of Mohammed V foundation. Mohammed V foundation was responsible for giving first help in the crisis situation. Lalla Meryem visited sites out of her responsibilities.
It wouldn’t be wise from lalla Salma to take over Lalla Meryem position. Take a look what happened to queen Rania when she took all of queen Noor positions. Both ladies queen Noor and lalla Meryem worked hard for years. It’s wrong for them to step down just because of new young addition to the families. :flower:

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jul 8th, 2004 - 6:48 pm
Do you want lalla Salma to jet around the world?
Lalla Meryem is a president of Mohammed V foundation. Mohammed V foundation was responsible for giving first help in the crisis situation. Lalla Meryem visited sites out of her responsibilities.
It wouldn’t be wise from lalla Salma to take over Lalla Meryem position. Take a look what happened to queen Rania when she took all of queen Noor positions. Both ladies queen Noor and lalla Meryem worked hard for years. It’s wrong for them to step down just because of new young addition to the families. :flower:
They have be able to go there together, but that, the first lady doesn't go at all to the bedside of the wounded of tragedy is unaccustomed

After two years of marriage, can one say that salma is well integrated in her new family?
What are her relations with the different members of the royal family?

Back
Top Bottom