The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 03-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz
All charities fields are already patronized in Morocco by a sister or an aunt of the king. She can't invent a new field, she just has to hope one of her sister-in-law to give up one of them... and they don't want.
Morocco has a lot of social/economic problems that she can help with, without invading here sisters in law territory. I guess she just doesn't know what to chose.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 03-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz
All charities fields are already patronized in Morocco by a sister or an aunt of the king. She can't invent a new field, she just has to hope one of her sister-in-law to give up one of them... and they don't want.
I think you misunderstood. No one expects or wants Lalla Salma to upstage her sisters in law or take over their causes. Like Layla27 said, Salma doesnt have to wait for the King's sisters to give up their charities. There is virtually an infinite number of causes she could support, international and Moroccan.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
Gosh. I wish some of ou would give her time. I think that she is doing a great job so far as first lady primarily b/c she is being a wife and mom first and supporting her husband in his activities. When the time is right than she will take up more causes. Patience is a virtue...
__________________
*Under Construction*
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 03-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Gosh. I wish some of ou would give her time. I think that she is doing a great job so far as first lady primarily b/c she is being a wife and mom first and supporting her husband in his activities. When the time is right than she will take up more causes. Patience is a virtue...
Most "modern" women have both a professional life and a family life, and they do their best to manage the two at the same time.
I guess people are just expecting the same thing from princess lalla Salma. She became a princess three years ago, if I am not mistaken, and until now, the only thing she did was receiving official guests. Given the fact that she has hundreds of maids, nurses, and other kinds of helpful staff, it seems natural people expect her to be more active and more porductive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 03-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
Well I think it is just as good for her to be a wife to the king and a mom to the future king. I think it is ok for her to take her time. After all she could just be in a harem and no one would have to worry about her doing duties.
__________________
*Under Construction*
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 03-12-2005, 05:35 AM
rosa's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 329
To yazz

I read that salma granted an inteview to Hola where she said that she tried to know in what domain she would be the most useful, I deducted that she was not still active
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 03-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa
To yazz

I read that salma granted an inteview to Hola where she said that she tried to know in what domain she would be the most useful, I deducted that she was not still active
I wonder to know what crenel lalla salma would like to invest herself
personnaly I think that since she is an enginneer she can promote the new technologie in morocco, what do you think rosa
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 03-14-2005, 04:19 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubna2
I wonder to know what crenel lalla salma would like to invest herself
personnaly I think that since she is an enginneer she can promote the new technologie in morocco, what do you think rosa
I don't know what Rosa think but it would be totally ridiculous. Do you really think it's the more important to do ? Moroccan people just have no money to buy a computer, so what do you think they have to care with new technologies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 03-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Monalisa's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Namur, Belgium
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz
I don't know what Rosa think but it would be totally ridiculous. Do you really think it's the more important to do ? Moroccan people just have no money to buy a computer, so what do you think they have to care with new technologies.

Actually it's even not a problem of money or economic level of majority of people,but it's a problem of competence and adequacy,yes salma is an engineer and was a brillant student,but actually,in morocco ,the firms working on new technology are doing a good job,for example,the "maroctelecom" is the most important firm working in that field in whole arab world and middle east,and come second after the geant of south africa and first in the arab world,so i think new technology's workers in morocco are doing a good job,and are able to promote for them self,and don't need PL.salma's figuration.


I don't believe in the role of figuration of royals to promote something,if they are not involved really,and i don't like to be said that the work is done by them,like the many royal or first ladies especaially from middle east , when it's really done by other people behind :) !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 03-15-2005, 10:17 AM
rosa's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 329
to loubna2
Personally, there are two sectors that seem me very interesting:
1 - The improvement of the life of Moroccan peasantry, there is so much to make in the mountains and the countries, and some times very simples’ actions are sufficient to improve the everyday life of people

2 - The promotion of the Berber culture that is completely marginalized and folklorised in morocco (the actions undertaken by Moroccan state to rehabilitate this millennial culture in its rights are so insufficient that seven members of the royal institute of the Berber culture resigned to denounce the flagrant difference between the take care of the Arabian culture and the Berber culture)

Me, I think that this two sectors are very important, but I don’t know if salma has the same preoccupations
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 04-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Roshanah's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bandar, Brunei
Posts: 466
It is true indeed that HRH Princess Lalla Salma is a Professional and distinguished Engineer and that she could promote techonology within Morocco. However one must take care to preserve the Cultural integrity of the Arican Nation, and not do what her Arab Counterpart Queen Rania did in Jordan and try to errode the infrastructure of a cuntry that has existed for millenia and replace it with a perpandicular one. Thereby creating a country without an identity or individuality.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 04-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth, United States
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanah
It is true indeed that HRH Princess Lalla Salma is a Professional and distinguished Engineer and that she could promote techonology within Morocco. However one must take care to preserve the Cultural integrity of the Arican Nation, and not do what her Arab Counterpart Queen Rania did in Jordan and try to errode the infrastructure of a cuntry that has existed for millenia and replace it with a perpandicular one. Thereby creating a country without an identity or individuality.
YES..she is a distinguished engineer graduating from one of the best engineering schools in the country.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 04-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
Isn't this pretty much a man's area? I don't think a princess of a more a patriarchical society could get away with promoting that sort of thing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanah
It is true indeed that HRH Princess Lalla Salma is a Professional and distinguished Engineer and that she could promote techonology within Morocco. However one must take care to preserve the Cultural integrity of the Arican Nation, and not do what her Arab Counterpart Queen Rania did in Jordan and try to errode the infrastructure of a cuntry that has existed for millenia and replace it with a perpandicular one. Thereby creating a country without an identity or individuality.
__________________
*Under Construction*
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 04-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Isn't this pretty much a man's area? I don't think a princess of a more a patriarchical society could get away with promoting that sort of thing.
Why would technology be a men's area ?!!!! There are thousands of female engineers, science teachers, and doctors in Morocco.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 05-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Amina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 494
Just wanted to know - is Lalla Salma patron of any charities in Morocco or outside Morocco? Does she perform alot of official engagements in Morocco? I was just wondering. I know that for instance Queen Noor of Jordan helped tackle poverty in Jordan through micro finance projects thus helping poor women set up business's weaving etc. Queen Rania has tackled child abuse. What projects is Lalla Salma heading or helping? NOT THAT I'M SAYING THAT SHE DOES NOTHING!!!1

By the way i like her style i don't think it's necessarily old fashioned. She's human so occasionally she will make mistakes in terms of what she wears.


Thanks Khadijalove for the link - BRILLIANT!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 05-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina
Just wanted to know - is Lalla Salma patron of any charities in Morocco or outside Morocco? Does she perform alot of official engagements in Morocco? I was just wondering. I know that for instance Queen Noor of Jordan helped tackle poverty in Jordan through micro finance projects thus helping poor women set up business's weaving etc. Queen Rania has tackled child abuse. What projects is Lalla Salma heading or helping? NOT THAT I'M SAYING THAT SHE DOES NOTHING!!!1

By the way i like her style i don't think it's necessarily old fashioned. She's human so occasionally she will make mistakes in terms of what she wears.


Thanks Khadijalove for the link - BRILLIANT!!!

I never heard that she support any association
about her style, I think lalla salma has a very bad tast, in addition to have a plain face and body, she hasn't any atractiveness
she must learned a lot about her sisters-in-law because at the moment she is the less interesting princess
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 05-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
I think you are quite mistaken about her looks. She has the clearest skin, beautifully shaped eyes, a perfect nose (I bet she did not have surgery), a long neck, etc. SHe is a unique beauty-not conventional prettiness like her sisters-in-law.


Quote:
Originally Posted by samia
I never heard that she support any association
about her style, I think lalla salma has a very bad tast, in addition to have a plain face and body, she hasn't any atractiveness
she must learned a lot about her sisters-in-law because at the moment she is the less interesting princess
__________________
*Under Construction*
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 05-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by samia
I never heard that she support any association
about her style, I think lalla salma has a very bad tast, in addition to have a plain face and body, she hasn't any atractiveness
she must learned a lot about her sisters-in-law because at the moment she is the less interesting princess
ALways the same question : always the same answer.
All charity fields are already patronized in Morocco (especially women rights and child rights by Lalla Meriem, why should Salma "stole" her) and also there are a lot of associations which make a good very job and they DON'T NEED a princess.

Yes Salma has activities but she's not photographed. That's the difference between WORK and PROPAGANDA.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 05-29-2005, 03:54 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz
ALways the same question : always the same answer.
All charity fields are already patronized in Morocco (especially women rights and child rights by Lalla Meriem, why should Salma "stole" her) and also there are a lot of associations which make a good very job and they DON'T NEED a princess.

Yes Salma has activities but she's not photographed. That's the difference between WORK and PROPAGANDA.
are you sure for this information?
I hope that it is true, because I like a lot lalla salma but I find that (for the moment) she is too discreet for a first lady
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 05-29-2005, 04:02 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I think you are quite mistaken about her looks. She has the clearest skin, beautifully shaped eyes, a perfect nose (I bet she did not have surgery), a long neck, etc. SHe is a unique beauty-not conventional prettiness like her sisters-in-law.
personnaly, I think that she isn't pretty, except her eyes, her features aren't nice
she hasn't a pretty nose, and her neck is too massive, her lips hasn't a pretty shape, her forehead is too big and her line of jaw isn't fine
but she seems to have a happy character and this is the most important:)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A wife for Moulay Rachid and her role in Morocco abir Royal Family of Morocco 209 06-15-2014 01:02 PM
Prince Laurent's role in the Royal Family principessa Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and family 9 04-03-2014 09:47 AM
Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2009 - November 2010 dazzling Archives 384 11-29-2010 12:34 AM
Morocco Royal Family Melania Royal Library 14 06-29-2009 08:16 AM
Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005-March 2009 carlota Archives 437 03-18-2009 02:54 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]