The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 11-27-2004, 02:09 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
To liliana,

Moroccan media publish the king and prince/princess activities as soon they appear to public. Don't say they don't. Just look for a small event "enaugurating a Hammam in casablanca", they considered a huge event. In other countries, this could be enaugurated by members of small association !

So if she is doing something, for sure the first one who will speak about that is the media, but the media doesnt't mention anything; simply because she does nothing.

Even her husband, muhamed VI said she is not working in any social project because she is still thinking.
Do you disagree with this?, do you know her better than her husband?

So don't base your comments on emotion!
There are many facts that are clear enough to say she is not working !

Telquel, moroccan magazine asked about that, they said that she didn't make any profil ... profil that ppl were waiting to see from her.

A great personne doesn't need media, because his/her work cross the borders.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 516
Regarding Salma:

Do you think there could be pressure within the Royal Family that prevents Salma from stepping out? Maybe the King doesn't want her out in the public too much; I think he said in an article previously that there is no Queen in Morocco and maybe he feels that he must preserve tradition and prevent Salma from having any public role. Or it could be that the King's sisters don't want Salma to take on the role of first lady. After all, Meryam has carried on that role for so long maybe she doesn't want to give it up.

Couldn't these be plausible reasons for Salma's "disinterest" in public life? I can't imagine someone with her power, someone who has been handed the ability to bring about change, wanting to just sit around.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
Regarding Salma:

Do you think there could be pressure within the Royal Family that prevents Salma from stepping out? Maybe the King doesn't want her out in the public too much; I think he said in an article previously that there is no Queen in Morocco and maybe he feels that he must preserve tradition and prevent Salma from having any public role. Or it could be that the King's sisters don't want Salma to take on the role of first lady. After all, Meryam has carried on that role for so long maybe she doesn't want to give it up.

Couldn't these be plausible reasons for Salma's "disinterest" in public life? I can't imagine someone with her power, someone who has been handed the ability to bring about change, wanting to just sit around.
Morocco is known that a first lady does not exist.Not recently but also in the past.For example, the kings mother never appeared in public adn had NO duties ever in the country, the daughters were always in the role of the first lady.The kings wife has no role past and present.He might not want her in public alot cause of the media attention and/or it was her deciscion to keep the sisters their role.
But he has changed some things though, by giving her the title "lala" and appearing in newspapers and at some openings.That NEVER used to happen.So if he could change some things he could of easily putten her the first lady, but he didnt.He wanted it to stay in the family as for salma she is an outsider who became a princess.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-28-2004, 04:46 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 58
what salma inaugurated was not only a hammam, but a professional center for single mothers, I find her very courageous because she breaks a taboo in Morocco concerning the unmarried mothers, during the inauguration the journalists noted her sweetness and her kindness towards these young women
salma built a role for the king's woman, the king's sisters, make what made the sisters of hassan II, (I remind you that one of hassan II’s sister lalla Aicha was an ambassador in Italy)
It is always more difficult to be a precursor than to follows what others made before you,
and to be a precursor it is necessary to have a strong personality what lalla salma possess
I don't know why lalla salma is so much criticized, maybe because she has everything what woman dreams to have, beauty, intelligence, luxury, and her husband's love
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-28-2004, 05:02 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliana
I don't know why lalla salma is so much criticized,
if yourself ask this question. here is the answer: simply because not everyone think same way as you do ... and no one has power to force others to accept his opinion.
what you see is based on your backgroud and on your norms. others are different. can you accept this?
can you tell me: why do you want people think like you?
can you answer to this question?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-28-2004, 06:39 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliana
I don't know why lalla salma is so much criticized, maybe because she has everything what woman dreams to have, beauty, intelligence, luxury, and her husband's love
MAybe cause not everyone see's her the same way you see her.How do you know she has everything?Dosnt mean she is a Kings's wife she has everything liliana.She might have the title but no money,s he might be kings wife but with no role she might be living in luxury and spending milions but does not have happiness...Everyone has beauty in a way, its not about apperence.beauty can be the way a person deals with things, how nice they are, the way they talk, walk, sit, reprsent themselfs.Many people live in luxury homes and in some very nice places.How do you know her husband loves her ?He might adore her, or just like her, or just married her without love so there is a hier to the throne.No one can answer this question.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
MAybe cause not everyone see's her the same way you see her.How do you know she has everything?Dosnt mean she is a Kings's wife she has everything liliana.She might have the title but no money,s he might be kings wife but with no role she might be living in luxury and spending milions but does not have happiness...Everyone has beauty in a way, its not about apperence.beauty can be the way a person deals with things, how nice they are, the way they talk, walk, sit, reprsent themselfs.Many people live in luxury homes and in some very nice places.How do you know her husband loves her ?He might adore her, or just like her, or just married her without love so there is a hier to the throne.No one can answer this question.
I make this remark because the virulence of the subjects concerning salma is strange
She is a very young woman, of a middle background that bewitched by her beauty and intelligence a king, this woman is not absolutely usual at the life of palace, nor to society life, nor to be the center of attention of a whole country
she is pregnant just after her marriage, therefore unavailable during nine months, as soon as her baby born, she gets to work, she welcomes some heads of state, goes alone to Paris to participate in an official reception for childhood, inaugurate a center for single mothers
When journalists speak of her, they call her the beautiful computer engineer or the gorgeous princess, she is young and cheerful, and her smile is a sunbeam
And here, you don't find her attractive, she has the large forehead, a big nose, she is not elegant, and she doesn’t make anything, then I ask myself some questions and I wonder if you are objective, or if your judgment is altered by something
PS: you wonder if her husband loves her, why does he marry with her, then?, she is the daughter of a teacher, whereas he was surrounded by princesses and aristocrats, that dream to marry a king
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 240
the problem is you see only her. see what others first ladies do, u will see then the difference. she doesn't have charisma and feel she tries hard but it makes only worse that's evident in her makeup, style and excitement when she speaks
i read also her husband was going to marry a second wife 1-2 y ago. a woman told her. the husband of this one was fired of his job because of that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliana
I find her very courageous because she breaks a taboo in Morocco concerning the unmarried mothers,
“Hammam” that’s how a Moroccan magazine “Femmes du Maroc” call it.
Single mothers, it’s a taboo which was shown to the society by long hard years of work of Aicha Shenna (president of the association “solidarite feminine”) since 1985. salma was still a child!
Taboos don’t be broken so fast in one day. Plus of that, this taboo does still exist, single mothers situation is not solved yet.

Did you never heard about honorary roles without really be involved?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-30-2004, 04:47 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 58
Zineb;
How do you can say that she is excited when she speaks, you are near her when he speaks
I didn't hear that the king wanted to take a second wife, besides, salma before her marriage required to be her unique wife and he accepted

Abir
Mrs. chenna, cannot give to her association the fame that gives it the princess salma by her only presence, it has sufficient that salma to move of it, that this association comes out of its anonymity and that the press speaks of it, salma have be able to choose another association, but she has chosen that one, what proves the strength of character of salma that doesn't care for the prejudices
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 11-30-2004, 05:00 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliana
Mrs. chenna, cannot give to her association the fame that gives it the princess salma by her only presence
That's how you think. Countries move forward to democracy and to development because of the hard work of people not because of simple presence of someone who has a honorary title.

So if for each tabbo we wait for the presence of a honorary personne to make things move, we will found ourself hundreds of years behind the world.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-30-2004, 05:38 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliana
I make this remark because the virulence of the subjects concerning salma is strange
She is a very young woman, of a middle background that bewitched by her beauty and intelligence a king, this woman is not absolutely usual at the life of palace, nor to society life, nor to be the center of attention of a whole country
she is pregnant just after her marriage, therefore unavailable during nine months, as soon as her baby born, she gets to work, she welcomes some heads of state, goes alone to Paris to participate in an official reception for childhood, inaugurate a center for single mothers
Salma is not the only one who is young and from a middle class background, all the Crown princes's wifes are all from different backgrounds and not born into a royal family, and all of them work when they are pregnant and when they have their babies, so what is so special about salma?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 240
salma was in paris only as a guest. she received first ladies. not more. she is seen with first ladies and never alone working for ppl in her country. why?
weeks ago 10 ppl died in fes, her native city, when mosque collapsed. why she wasn't there? and many areas is the city are going to collapse bcz of lack of maintenance, why she is not reacting? why she does nothing after q.paola left?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 12-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,737
Its interesting that Lalla Salma doesn't chose to accompany her husband overseas. She's only been to France twice I believe.
And I dont buy the argument that Moroccan royal women are low profile.
Both princess Meryem and Hasna accompanied their brother and father to overseas visits many times. They've also represented Morocco at many royal weddings. They're always present at banquets in honour of other royals and statesmen.
I think Lalla Salma choses, at least until her son is a little older, to keep a low profile.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-01-2004, 05:42 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
To madonna23,

You proposed two hypotheses of salma disinterest on public life.

The first one, is because of king sisters’ pressure. I wonder if this can have such effect. Morocco is an under-developped country, many things can be done there. The sisters don’t need to share their duties with salma and I don’t beleive either this will happen one day! at least not in the near future, maybe in 20 years from now, if Muhamed VI will have daughters.
I don’t see either a lack of fields where she can have an activity.
Salma has a degree in computer engineering. King sisters don’t have knowledge in this field. So why salma doesn’t do something in this area? I am surprised to see first ladies concentrate only on social work related to women and children, there are also youth and middle age (productive age) in high-schools, universities and professional institutions. There are also other fields: technology, information, science, and business.
In morocco, salma was in 3 music-films festivals, and once for single mothers centre in casablanca.

Second hypothesis, is because her husband wants to preserve tradition and prevent her from having any public role, or maybe she choose that as Humera said. That sounds more acceptable than the first one. And if this is true, then media and people in morocco misunderstood the message two years ago, when they thought salma could have good profile! But no one has corrected that, as they prefer to say: she is active without doing anything!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-02-2004, 06:38 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 58
to abir, I insist for what I said, when people see lalla salma take care for unmarried woman, they see differently these young women, salma brok a taboo by her only presence
to zineb, lalla salma in the only princesse whose role is new it is necessary to be a very strong woman to be the first to do something and it is necessary to be a strong woman to be the first to do something
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12-02-2004, 07:24 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 240
women in morocco are out since decades. if king' wife wasn't that's palace problem not moroccan problem.
you didn't answer my questions. why salma was seen with first ladies and never alone working for ppl in her country?
weeks ago 10 ppl died in fes, her native city, when mosque collapsed. why she wasn't there? and many areas is the city are going to collapse bcz of lack of maintenance, why she is not reacting? why she does nothing after q.paola left?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by zineb
women in morocco are out since decades. if king' wife wasn't that's palace problem not moroccan problem.
you didn't answer my questions. why salma was seen with first ladies and never alone working for ppl in her country?
weeks ago 10 ppl died in fes, her native city, when mosque collapsed. why she wasn't there? and many areas is the city are going to collapse bcz of lack of maintenance, why she is not reacting? why she does nothing after q.paola left?
she doesn't go there because it is not her job, this year in belguium an explosion made many victim, and I don't see Mathilde or Paola in the site of explosion
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 12-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliana
she doesn't go there because it is not her job, this year in belguium an explosion made many victim, and I don't see Mathilde or Paola in the site of explosion
before, you said she is perfect and she is better than Mathilde. now she doesn't have to do everything and she does things like Mathilde. it's not bad, some progress!

do you speak about the explosion in Ghislenghien? Mathilde attended a concert in the memory of victims. what salma did for fes victims?


you know what Mathilde did only in 1 month and half?
I wonder if salma can do the half of that in years. here is Mathilde agenda for the last 1 1/2 month of this year
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 12-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 69
liliana, you tents to deny the obviousness salma does not have any serious activity, she appears only at the time of the official ceremonies
zineb gives an example of the diary of a first lady and it has no connection with the one of lalla salma

__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A wife for Moulay Rachid and her role in Morocco abir Royal Family of Morocco 209 06-15-2014 01:02 PM
Prince Laurent's role in the Royal Family principessa Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and family 9 04-03-2014 09:47 AM
Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2009 - November 2010 dazzling Archives 384 11-29-2010 12:34 AM
Morocco Royal Family Melania Royal Library 14 06-29-2009 08:16 AM
Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005-March 2009 carlota Archives 437 03-18-2009 02:54 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth brussels carl philip charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]