The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 08-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Humble
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Honestly, I do not know about that...My guess is Meriem is a born princess..she has been under spot since young age...Salma is new to the royal life....Besides, from what I observe Moroccan Royal family is more discret and do not expose themselves widely to the media as the JRF does....So, it is hard even to make deductions...maybe salma is cautious in her steps...do not know..

Maybe someone from Morocco can enlighten us...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-21-2004, 03:17 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Of course, Lalla Meryem she born princess and she is active since she was young but the first lady should be first lady. I can't undersand that there are no activities where she can perform well. She does not have to take over Lalla Meryem activities, since there are many OTHER things that can be done.
Lalla Salma is well educated with high academic degree, and it is petty to see her only attending festivals ....

For me it is not necessary to see her pictures often, the important is that she does a good job for moroccan people, and for people who need help. Don't tell me in a under-developped country it is difficult to find an activity where she can perform well. There are many areas where many things have to be done, and at the end she has just to give orders, the job will be done by others ...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 90
like everyone she has good and bad days.
i like her and finds it exeptional that she's able to be seen. don't forget that previously, the wife of a King is never to be seen. She gives pride to all morrocan woman and is a great ambassador to our beauty. Her beauty is not typical I think but is still young and has time to work on her style and behaviour. remember that she is from a modest background, not born to be wife a ruler.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-26-2004, 02:44 PM
rosa's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by karima
like everyone she has good and bad days.
i like her and finds it exeptional that she's able to be seen. don't forget that previously, the wife of a King is never to be seen. She gives pride to all morrocan woman and is a great ambassador to our beauty. Her beauty is not typical I think but is still young and has time to work on her style and behaviour. remember that she is from a modest background, not born to be wife a ruler.
I saw much pics of salma, and on all she made errors of taste (clothing or make-up), I think that she has not good taste, she should have an adviser for her look
when with the beauty, I find that lalla meryem and lalla hasna are better ambassadresses of the Moroccan beauty, because for me lalla salma is not beautiful
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 90
I am not saying she has great tastes. I am emphasizing on the fact that she's young and still has time to learn.

Good god, yes, I hadn't seen the picture with the blue suit. it is odd. I actually find the top of the suit very pretty but the pants are not great...may be is she trying to be original.

she is supposed to have an advisor or a personal buyer....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 69
1- she doesn't make anything for her country
2- she isn't pretty
2- she has a horrible taste
for me lalla salma is the less interessant princess
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa
personally I do not say that salma must look like a top-model, but she is the fist lady and she must avoid resembling a parrot, to attend an homage give to old combatants dress in blue sky with violets shoes shows (in my opinion)the desire to be the center of attention and I find that ridiculous
Maybe she doesn't want to be the center of attention. She could simply just have bad taste.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-30-2004, 10:12 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Logically, since she does not appear to public often, she has then to be carefuly when she does.

But maybe because of this reason, she is extravagante in colors, make-up, jewerly (specially the big earrings !) when she appears.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-30-2004, 01:28 PM
rosa's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
Maybe she doesn't want to be the center of attention. She could simply just have bad taste.
lalla salma is an intelligent woman who made brilliant studies, she knows that a homage made to old combatants and people died in the war is a very serious thing and that to get dressed as thatis a less of respect
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-31-2004, 08:28 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 58
For me, lalla salma is cute but she lack of grace, I also think that her way to dress reflects her personality, I see her, like a vivid woman with strong personality, she doesn't have good taste that is sure, but she doesn't seem to worry about the critics that it is bring her (I am certain that her sisters-in-law make him remarks on her way to dress), me, I find her interesting and I am curious to see if she will manage to impose herself within her in-law, and if in the future she can affirm her statute of first lady (for the meantime it is not the case)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-31-2004, 10:43 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Well, I think people in Morocco will be happy if the first lady has a strong personality.
If she is, she could be active since she married, but she does not.

For me, her way to dress, reflects that she cares only about herself, not about people around her.
Hope this will change in future.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
I know that for years the wife of the King of Morocco was hardly ever seen if even seen at all. I know that some have said that this may be the reason why Lalla Salma doesn't appear often, but she does appear. Look at how many photos we have of her. I really think that if she is going to appear in public at certain times then she could begin to do so on a more regular basis. The things of the past are just that-the past. When Salma appears in public, I haven't heard of anyone condeming it. On the contrary, most people are interested in seeing her because of the gaps that sometimes exist in her appearances.

When I consider all of the obligations and public functions of her sisters-in-law, I can't help but wonder why Salma has not taken it upon herself to create more of a royal for the wife of the King of Morocco. Isn't it time that she set a precedent in our modern times?

I think that it now time for her to lend her name and her hand to certain charities and organizations in both her home and abroad. Salma is an intelligent and well educated woman. Surely she can be more of an asset to her family and her country. I don't know what is behind her extremely low profile, but it is disappointing to not see her put any of her talents to use or to use her position in Morocco to make more differences.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-31-2004, 11:15 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
I agree with you.
The country is seeing many changes specially on woman status, and the fact that Lalla Salma does not have yet an active role in the Moroccan society does not reflect the expected changes.
So, I think she can do more to be an idol for her people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-01-2004, 06:24 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Well, I think people in Morocco will be happy if the first lady has a strong personality.
If she is, she could be active since she married, but she does not.

For me, her way to dress, reflects that she cares only about herself, not about people around her.
Hope this will change in future.
I find you unjust towards this princess, how you can tell that she doesn't worry about the other and that she only takes care of her even, she comes from the middle background and she is not accustomed at princess's life, in more her sisters-in-law monopolize all social works, I think that it must be very difficult for her, she is young and impose herself as first lady is not easy thing, me, she makes me the pain because, she is always compare to the other princesses and always to her detriment (not pretty, no taste, don't make anything)
Don’t be then so sure of you and ask yourself what you would have made in her place
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-01-2004, 08:55 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
In this forum, we just make comments not judgements !
The way how she dress is extravagante, and people are not waiting to see the princess with lavish clothes and jewerly, they are waiting her work and an active role in the society.
You know well what people are waiting for, don't you?

In an under-developped country like Morocco, they are enough activities for all princesses, so it is just a surprise that she can't found something to do for her people

And if you didn't follow since the begining, we start the comments after her last appearance with blue sky suit and violet shoes to comemorate 80 000 Moroccans who die to liberate France, in the name of Morocco.
You can put yourself in her place, and see how you will dress if you really care about people who died and older people who were there


You can give many execuses for her as you like... but just wait and see if she will change. And if she does, I will be very happy, don't you?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-02-2004, 06:45 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , France
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
In this forum, we just make comments not judgements !
The way how she dress is extravagante, and people are not waiting to see the princess with lavish clothes and jewerly, they are waiting her work and an active role in the society.
You know well what people are waiting for, don't you?

In an under-developped country like Morocco, they are enough activities for all princesses, so it is just a surprise that she can't found something to do for her people

And if you didn't follow since the begining, we start the comments after her last appearance with blue sky suit and violet shoes to comemorate 80 000 Moroccans who die to liberate France, in the name of Morocco.
You can put yourself in her place, and see how you will dress if you really care about people who died and older people who were there


You can give many execuses for her as you like... but just wait and see if she will change. And if she does, I will be very happy, don't you?
lalla salma is inelligente, cute and she live a life of dream, then that
pokes the jealousies
if she has bad taste this not a crime,
and the problems of the moroccan people this not to of her to find solutions
her role consists to take a beautiful image of the Moroccan woman, and I am sur that she will do it because she is brilliant and deliciouse, we understand easily why the king love her, she is an exceptionnal lady
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliana
I find you unjust towards this princess, how you can tell that she doesn't worry about the other and that she only takes care of her even, she comes from the middle background and she is not accustomed at princess's life, in more her sisters-in-law monopolize all social works, I think that it must be very difficult for her, she is young and impose herself as first lady is not easy thing, me, she makes me the pain because, she is always compare to the other princesses and always to her detriment (not pretty, no taste, don't make anything)
Don’t be then so sure of you and ask yourself what you would have made in her place
I have to disagree on one point. There is no such thing as monopolozing social works. If too many people want to lend their name to a cause and want the majority of the responsibility then here is what you do: Start your own charity. For the wife of the King of Morocco, I would think that this wouldn not be very difficult.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-09-2004, 03:26 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
The country is seeing many changes specially on woman status, and the fact that Lalla Salma does not have yet an active role in the Moroccan society does not reflect the expected changes.
So, I think she can do more to be an idol for her people.
I dont know much about Maroccan, their royal family life and history so excuse me if I give wrong comment. In my opinion the speed of society changing does not automatically affect to royal family tradition (as I notice that most royal house wants to keep their tradition as original as possible) the very good example is Japan royal family. I think Marocco royal house has noticed what people expect from their princess consort then they give her a chance to appear more and more in public and by the time they will give more serious duties for her. Royal tradition sometime needs time to be changed completely. I can not compare Lalla salma appearance in public with the previous princess consort because I dont have any information about her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 53
I read in a moroccan newspaper AS-SABAH that she has social activities. For example, on august the 7th she visited secretly the whole services of the "Hopital du 20 aout".
But it was not related in the official newspaper "Le Matin".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-22-2004, 03:23 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz
I read in a moroccan newspaper AS-SABAH that she has social activities. For example, on august the 7th she visited secretly the whole services of the "Hopital du 20 aout".
But it was not related in the official newspaper "Le Matin".
why secetly?, In find that strange, because the sisters's king didn't make their activities secretly
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A wife for Moulay Rachid and her role in Morocco abir Royal Family of Morocco 209 06-15-2014 01:02 PM
Prince Laurent's role in the Royal Family principessa Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and family 9 04-03-2014 09:47 AM
Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2009 - November 2010 dazzling Archives 384 11-29-2010 12:34 AM
Morocco Royal Family Melania Royal Library 14 06-29-2009 08:16 AM
Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005-March 2009 carlota Archives 437 03-18-2009 02:54 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]