Princess Lalla Salma's role in Morocco and the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kathia_sophia.
Morocco will not change the constitution only to give Lalla Salma a new title,as i said above the king can do that easily without constitutional review.
what happen is that Mohammed VI call up last month for a total constitutional change and set up a Committee for that reason a Committee wich receive now proposals and Perceptions from everybody in Morocco parties,associations,movements.....and some associations of Women's rights in Morocco decide to ask the title of Queen to Lalla Salma when they met this Committee that's all.

^oh i see thanks!!! although i knew that the king as power to do what he decides too, i didnt know about that commitee.
do you think that she will be eventually called "Queen" in the future?

What? is it necessary a constitutional change to get the princess be a queen?? the King as a lot of power, if he wanted he could get her that title.

for my personal opinion, it was great for the king to knowledge his wife as Princess Consort of Morocco, but i also think that now that she solidified her role as a princess, she could be granted the title of Queen, she has this right!

The constitution will changed because some think that king has lot of power, and he has to share it.

As for Lalla Salma's title, I think it doesn't has any meaning. Being a princess consort is honourable for her, and I don't think that Queen's Elisabet's husband is less respected because he's a prince consort. Being called a queen will not give her more importance that what she's now. Moroccan like their royal family, and it will not change anything.

I find that a bit ridiculous to say that she has right for that! According to which standards and critereas?!!! People should understand that the moroccan royalty is diiferent comparing with western or een middleeastern one...

ridiculous? sorry? i didnt offend anyone with my statement and i only said she had the right for it not because of having more power, i was saying just because of the "title". usually a king as his wife as a queen consort, but i also said it was good enough already for her to be recoginzed as princess consort!

ridiculous? sorry? i didnt offend anyone with my statement and i only said she had the right for it not because of having more power, i was saying just because of the "title". usually a king as his wife as a queen consort, but i also said it was good enough already for her to be recoginzed as princess consort!

I don't think it's ridiculous, rather a legitimate question. That's what this thread is for. We have discussions elsewhere in the forum about European countries changing their succession laws in favour of females and so on.
It has nothing to do with whether their people like their royal families or not.
Change/evolution is inevitable in any monarchy. I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point in the future, Lalla Salma's title does become part of that change.

if you ask for my opinion i think its not the right time for sush change i don't mean that i am against the title of the Queen consort in the moroccan manarchy i even think that king should give the title to his wife from the beginning but now there is no need for sush change later with when Moulay Hassan becoming a king maybe or something.

I agree with Sephora a Princess consort is very honourable position for Lalla salma too I don't see how her profile/work and engagement will change if she have the Queen title.she is the first to get the princess consort title anyway and in the way for shange that was a big step there is no need to urge things IMO.
plus the whole hype about the constitution in Morocco right now is to take power from the monarchy and not add more privileges and giving Lalla salma the title will send a wrong messages.

Back
Top Bottom