Princess Lalla Salma Current Events: February 2005-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Morocco.gif

Welcome to Part 1 of Princess Lalla Salma's current events thread.

In this thread you may post news, pictures and articles related to Lalla Salma's current events.

Last edited:
Lalla Salma skiing

Attachments

• IML_9569611.jpg
    IML_9569611.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 977
  • IML_9568807.jpg
    IML_9568807.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 832
  • IML_9568810.jpg
    IML_9568810.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,541
Last edited by a moderator:
Sheikha Fatima receives Princess Lala Salma

Feb 21, 2005

Sheikh Fatima receives Princess Lala Salma Abu Dhabi, 21 Feb. 05 (WAM) - Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak received here today Princess Lala Salma, wife of Mohammed VI, King of Morocco, who is currently on a visit to the country.

The meeting discussed fraternal ties between the two peoples.

Princess Lala Salma praised the progress attained by the UAE in all fields, in particular the progress achieved by the UAE woman.

The meeting was attended by Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, Sheikha Shamsa bint Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Foreign Affairs and the chief of honorary mission accompanying Princess Lala Salma and Sheikha Elyaziah bint Saif bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Information and Culture.

Also attending were a number of Sheikhas, the wife of Foreign Minister and the wife of Moroccan Ambassador.

Sheikha Fatima held a luncheon in honour of Princess Lala Salma.

Very strange. This new isn't in the MAP. It seems it's not the first time Lalla Salma hold activities without any publicity.

are you sure of this information concerning lalla salma, I don't find it nowhere
maybe it is not an official displacement, but that lalla salma is there for some days of vacations
if she isn't there for vacation, that is strange because the official displacements of the king's sisters are always mediatized and the one of the first lady no?

isis said:
are you sure of this information concerning lalla salma, I don't find it nowhere
maybe it is not an official displacement, but that lalla salma is there for some days of vacations
if she isn't there for vacation, that is strange because the official displacements of the king's sisters are always mediatized and the one of the first lady no?

I´m sure in the web say that she´s Lala Salma, wife king Morroco. It´s strange because in UAE newspapers haven´t pics of events. Perhaps it´s a privete visit.

isis said:

I don't think that it is an official displacement, it is for it that no one speaks of it
I think that it is a journey of pleasure and sheikkha fatima invited salma to lunch

rosa said:
I don't think that it is an official displacement, it is for it that no one speaks of it
I think that it is a journey of pleasure and sheikkha fatima invited salma to lunch

it is true that make shopping in abu dhabi is very pleasant ;)
queen sofia of spain arrives to tanger Friday lalla salma will welcome her (according to casareal), we will see if salma is pregnant or no

isis said:
it is true that make shopping in abu dhabi is very pleasant ;)
queen sofia of spain arrives to tanger Friday lalla salma will welcome her (according to casareal), we will see if salma is pregnant or no

Private visits of royals are not covered by medias in morocco,i don't expect to see Q.sofia and PL.Salma!

As for the shopping thing in Abu Dabi,it's more interesting to go to Paris than to UAE,it's closer and there's more choice!

I think PL.Salma is doing her job of a princess consort nicely as< themoroccan protocol allows her!If we don't see her on medias and followed by armada of fotographiers,this doesn't meaning that she doesn't do her work,for example ,she went to Abu Dabi for funerals of Zayed bin sultan al-nahayn,the medias didn't cover that,"the UAE medias talked about that but without coverage and photos!....,because this is her choice and the choice of the MRF,i don't know if it's the right one or not,but we should to respect that ,being overexposed to the medias doesn't mean that the "work" is more good!

We don't have to confuse being a hardworker and a overmediatisated!

Sure the weight of medias make the things biased and the statement as well!

Last edited:
Monalisa said:
Private visits of royals are not covered by medias in morocco,i don't expect to see Q.sofia and PL.Salma!

As for the shopping thing in Abu Dabi,it's more interesting to go to Paris than to UAE,it's closer and there's more choice!

I think PL.Salma is doing her job of a princess consort nicely as< themoroccan protocol allows her!If we don't see her on medias and followed by armada of fotographiers,this doesn't meaning that she doesn't do her work,for example ,she went to Abu Dabi for funerals of Zayed bin sultan al-nahayn,the medias didn't cover that,"the UAE medias talked about that but without coverage and photos!....,because this is her choice and the choice of the MRF,i don't know if it's the right one or not,but we should to respect that ,being overexposed to the medias doesn't mean that the "work" is more good!

We don't have to confuse being a hardworker and a overmediatisated!

Sure the weight of medias make the things biased and the statement as well!

lalla salma didn't go to the funeral of sheik zaid, it is lalla hasna and lalla asma that went there

the visit of sofia is not a private visit, but within the context of the cooperation between spain and maghreb
in Algeria sofia has been received by the prime minister, in Mauritania by the president's wife and there are photos of these two visits, therefore I think that normally it should have photo of the visite in morocco

I don't make a judgment about the action of lalla salma, she is in public even shy because she doesn't have experience, but I think that she makes her better
PS:Abu dhabi doesn't have anything to envy to the big capitals of west for shopping, there are all branded goods;)

isis said:
lalla salma didn't go to the funeral of sheik zaid, it is lalla hasna and lalla asma that went there

PL.Salma went to the funeral of sheik zaid,this an article from an emarati newspaper(WAM)!:)

Fatima receives condolences from Princess Lalla Salma:

Nov 12, 2004 - 12:18 -

Fatima receives condolences from Princess Lalla Salma Abu Dhabi, Nov. 11, 2004 (WAM) -- Shaikha Fatima bint Mubarak, received here today Princess Lalla Salma, wife of King Mohammed VI of Morocco, who came to offer condolences on the death of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.

Princess Lalla Salma, who arrived in the country earlier in the afternoon of today, was received on arrival by Shaikha Shamsa bint Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, Wife of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

The Princess expressed deep condolences on the death of Sheikh Zayed and prayed to God to grant his soul perfect peace and the Al Nahyan family and the UAE people the patience to bear the great loss.

I believe in fact that this visit would have an other impact for people if it was with some pictures!

the same if we saw the moroccan aids to Iran for the earthquake, accompagbied by a delegation with PL.Salma or other princess,but this is not the purpose,there's no need to be followed by armada of photographiers for such as events!

Last edited by a moderator:
Monalisa said:
PL.Salma went to the funeral of sheik zaid,this an article from an emarati newspaper(WAM)!:)

Fatima receives condolences from Princess Lalla Salma:

Nov 12, 2004 - 12:18 -

Fatima receives condolences from Princess Lalla Salma Abu Dhabi, Nov. 11, 2004 (WAM) -- Shaikha Fatima bint Mubarak, received here today Princess Lalla Salma, wife of King Mohammed VI of Morocco, who came to offer condolences on the death of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.

Princess Lalla Salma, who arrived in the country earlier in the afternoon of today, was received on arrival by Shaikha Shamsa bint Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, Wife of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

The Princess expressed deep condolences on the death of Sheikh Zayed and prayed to God to grant his soul perfect peace and the Al Nahyan family and the UAE people the patience to bear the great loss.

no Moroccan newspaper spoke of it, they spoke of lalla hasna and lalla asma but not of the first lady of the country lalla salma
it is indeed strange that the visit of lalla salma is less mediatized that the one of her sisters-in-law
very stange attitude:confused: :confused: :confused:

communiqué

news_icon.png
King's spouse to pay visit to Jordan:
http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/royal_activities/king_s_spouse_to_pay/view
Rabat, June 21 - HRH Princess Lalla Salma, wife of HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco, will start as of Tuesday a visit to Jordan where she will attend the wedding ceremony of the daughter of Prince Al-Hassan Ibn Talal, uncle of king Abdellah Ibn Hussein, said, here Tuesday, a communiqué of the Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery.

Monalisa said:
news_icon.png
King's spouse to pay visit to Jordan:

Rabat, June 21 - HRH Princess Lalla Salma, wife of HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco, will start as of Tuesday a visit to Jordan where she will attend the wedding ceremony of the daughter of Prince Al-Hassan Ibn Talal, uncle of king Abdellah Ibn Hussein, said, here Tuesday, a communiqué of the Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery.

great news, im looking forward to seeing Salma along with other ME royals.

Which Tuesday? Today is already Wednesday, and does anyone know who is the daughter of PHassan?

amina1 said:
Which Tuesday? Today is already Wednesday, and does anyone know who is the daughter of PHassan?

I think monalisa means next tuesday.
P. Hassan has 3 daughters. The one thats about to get married is Princess Badiya

Oh ok, thanks, Humera.
Finally, we will get to see Qrania with Psalma.

Last edited:
amina1 said:
Oh ok, thanks, Humera.
Finally, we will get to see Qrania with Psalma.

you're welcome:)
yes I hope we'll see them together.
Though I read that Queen Rania was at P. Salma's wedding. But I've never seen any pictures.
I hope Queen Noor will be there too.

does anywone have pics of lalla salma and the king of the event from yesterday with tge Qatar royals

Princess Lalla Salma leaves Tripoli

Tripoli, Apr. 17 - Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of King Mohammed VI of Morocco, left here on Monday at the end of a visit to Libya, where she attended the wedding ceremonies of Aicha Mouammar Kadhafi, dauther of the Libyan leader.

source : map

http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/regional/princess_lalla_salma/view

Pictures of Princess Lalla Salma in Thailand for the celebration of the King Bhumibol's Diamond Jubilee can be found in this thread.

Enjoy!

did someone found any pisture of lalla salma when she was received by the princess maha chakri sirindhorn ? she wore a white caftan.she was very beautiful :).

Last edited:
I think that was a private visit, that's why we couldn't get pictures of it.

Thanks everybody for the pictures, she's a very pretty princess and she holds herself well. I'm proud of her for how far she has come.

Princess Lalla Salma Current Events 4: September 2006 - May 2007

Welcome to Part 4 of the Lalla Salma Current Events thread.
The previous thread can be found here

In this thread you may post news related to the Princess' current activities.

Please remember the following before posting:
  • All articles and pictures must be accompanied by the proper copyright credit.
  • All pictures must be posted via image-hosting websites like Imageshack, Supload, etc.
  • Only 20% of an article may be posted, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Be civil, respect each other's opinion even if you dont agree, and stay on topic.
  • Take a moment to review TRF's Posting Rules and Guidelines and the updated Photo Agencies and Copyright Violations announcement.
Happy Posting!

I think that Lalla Salma is very pretty young woman, I saw it in truth of very close at my work, it was equipped simply with chestnut and beige, it was not make up, its hair were not inflated.....
she has a sublime skin, very pretty eyes, of very very long legs.......
But I am disappointed has each time I see her in photograph or on screen, at the time of the official appariations.....
she is make up always too much (a beautiful girl does not need any)... Its vestimentary Western or Moroccan tastes really leave something to be desired...... and often comes very close to bad tastes, on the level of the loading, and the colors and also of the forms
These tekchitas and caftans are always multi-coloured and too charged in colors too flashy... and badly crossed... like the blue caftan shown here above...... it is too often badly capped, the too inflated hair when it is equipped in Westerner... her style is always awkward, in French one says "endimanché", it is has to say, equipped like provincial feastdays..... there is always something which does not go... things in excess...... with the badly selected jewels
I think that a good adviser in look, would help it much (I know that it does not have any because I saw it ordering it even clothing very bizarre)
all that is a pity very, because I repeat it is a very beautiful girl who is not show at her better way

ikram said:
I think that Lalla Salma is very pretty young woman, I saw it in truth of very close at my work, it was equipped simply with chestnut and beige, it was not make up, its hair were not inflated.....
she has a sublime skin, very pretty eyes, of very very long legs.......
But I am disappointed has each time I see her in photograph or on screen, at the time of the official appariations.....
she is make up always too much (a beautiful girl does not need any)... Its vestimentary Western or Moroccan tastes really leave something to be desired...... and often comes very close to bad tastes, on the level of the loading, and the colors and also of the forms
These tekchitas and caftans are always multi-coloured and too charged in colors too flashy... and badly crossed... like the blue caftan shown here above...... it is too often badly capped, the too inflated hair when it is equipped in Westerner... her style is always awkward, in French one says "endimanché", it is has to say, equipped like provincial feastdays..... there is always something which does not go... things in excess...... with the badly selected jewels
I think that a good adviser in look, would help it much (I know that it does not have any because I saw it ordering it even clothing very bizarre)
all that is a pity very, because I repeat it is a very beautiful girl who is not show at her better way

even if, I never meet lalla salma, for what I see in photos that taked by very near, is that apart her eyes that have a pretty shape, the rest of her features aren't pretty at all (her nose, forhead, chin, lips), and the whole isn't harmonious
but each one has its criteria of beauty
about her way to dress and make up in public, I agree with you, the most time she is doing very big errors of taste

i just found out that salma did a solo visit to egypt and i was wondering if there are any photos of this visit in any thread...

was it a long trip or a day trip? i can't recall salma travelling to egypt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom