Princess Lalla Salma Current Events: February 2005-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
her new project (the national campaign against tabaco)start indeed 15 May 2009,you can fin information here and here,I guess she left to Paris when everything was ready and fixed.M.Lilo was not the only one who read about I also hear alot about her work with the association on the new project servel weeks ago,what intersting is the national figures involved with this campaign like the tenisman younes el aynaoui,if I was smoking I'll certainly stop when I'll see him in the publicity spot on TV:D

Accueil: Arrivée à Tunis de SAR la Princesse Lalla Salma
Tunis - Princess Lalla Salma arrived Wednesday afternoon in Tunis to attend the fourth meeting of the Higher Council of the Organization of Arab women to be held Thursday at the Palais des congrès.
Upon his arrival at the international airport Tunis-Carthage, HRH Princess Lalla Salma was hosted by Mrs Leïla Ben Ali, wife of Tunisian President and current President of the Organization of Arab women.

:previous: yes she was cute Lalla Khadija,i just come to saw them on TV,Moulay Hassan is there too,here a smal photo for their arrival she was wearing this blouse with lovely green skirt.

More information Maghreb Arab Press:
Princess Lalla Salma to participate in AWO Higher Council meeting
Tunis - Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of king Mohammed VI, arrived, here Wednesday, to participate in the 4th meeting of the Higher Council of the Arab Women Organisation (AWO), due on Thursday, June 25, 2009.
Upon her arrival at Tunis-Carthage airport, the princess was welcomed by Leïla Ben Ali, spouse of Tunisian president.
photo: http://img203.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=20470_SAR_arrivee_tunis_g_122_526lo.jpg

Accueil: SAR la Princesse Lalla Salma reçoit à Tunis Mme Amina Abbas
Tunis-Princess Lalla Salma received Wednesday afternoon at the headquarters of his residence in the capital of Tunisia, Amina Abbas, wife of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
HRH Princess Lalla Salma arrived on Wednesday in Tunis to attend the fourth meeting of the Higher Council of the Organization of Arab women to be held Thursday at the Palais des congrès.
Upon his arrival at the international airport Tunis-Carthage, HRH Princess Lalla Salma was hosted by Mrs Leïla Ben Ali, wife of Tunisian President and current President of the Organization of Arab women.
photo: http://img164.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=20464_SAR_amina_abbas_g_122_349lo.jpg&loc=loc349

Last edited:
I saw her on TV, the poor salma was completely lost with her two children, principally khadidja, she is too young to walk alone, but she seems enough heavy and salma has some difficulties with her, Mme Benali looked at all this with a little smile

so nice to see the kids with their mom,Moulay hassan was calm as always Lalla khadija a little lost:),i liked seen them with their mom this time very cute.
is Lalla khadija carrying her own bag or he mom bag?:angel:

Princess Lalla Salma attends dinner hosted by Spouse of Tunisian President
Tunis - Princesse Lalla Salma, spouse of King Mohammed VI, took part on Wednesday in the Carthage palace in Tunis, in a dinner hosted by spouse of Tunisian President, Leila Ben Ali, in honor of participants in the 4th meeting of the Higher Council of the Arab Women Organisation (AWO), to be hold on Thursday...MAP

is Lalla khadija carrying her own bag or he mom bag?:angel:
you too notice that,she carried her mom bag:)

Lalla Salma says women empowerment pillar of democratic Morocco
Tunis - Morocco has made women's empowerment the very pillar of the democratic society it seeks to build; a society in which human resources are the engine of development, said Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of King Mohammed VI.
Speaking at the fourth meeting of the Arab Women Organization, held Thursday in Tunis, Lalla Salma said the kingdom has gone a long way in ensuring the legal consecration of gender equality and enhancing women's participation in the management of public affairs, in central and local government, in parliament, as well as community organisations.
photo: http://i44.tinypic.com/21mrn0m.jpg

another photo from the arrival
http://i41.tinypic.com/2i9gf3o.jpg

Fourth session of AWO Supreme Council opens works
First Lady underlines will to promote women's condition as part of enlightened adaptation to modern times
TUNIS, June 25 (TAP) - The 4th session of the Arab Women Organisation (AWO) Higher Council started works, on Thursday in Tunis, under the presidency of First Lady Leila Ben Ali, AWO Chairwoman.

Highlights of Royal Highness Princess Lalla Salma's address to AWO Supreme Council
TUNIS, June 25, 2009 (TAP) - Her Royal Highness, Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of King Mohamed VI of Morocco, underlined, in an address to the 4th meeting of the Arab Women Organisation (AWO) Supreme Council, that the holding of this meeting in Tunisia is a recognition of the situation of women under the judicious leadership of President Zine el Abidine Ben Ali.

it's great to see her kids went with her, specially lalla khadija, who we don't see so often.

you too notice that,she carried her mom bag:)

photo: http://i44.tinypic.com/21mrn0m.jpg

The kids are cute, it's such as a happy family.
Salma looks awesome, the dress is simple yet very elegant. I am happy she took part on this event, moroccan women got lot of empowerment with concreate laws and reforms since King Mohamed VI became king.

I am happy also because it's in Tunisia, the country where women got lot of rights with Morocco, more than any other arab country.

I am wondering why Rania wasn't there, I thought she was a modern woman who empowers women. It a shame that she didn't take part in this summit, to take example from a country like Tunisia, which can be a role model, and to apply it in the country where she's a Queen, Jordan. Being a modern first lady is not by showing more skin and being featured in people magazines or making speechs and giving interviews, it's by taking real and concreate decisions which can make women's life better.

I am wondering why Rania wasn't there, I thought she was a modern woman who empowers women. It a shame that she didn't take part in this summit, to take example from a country like Tunisia, which can be a role model, and to apply it in the country where she's a Queen, Jordan. Being a modern first lady is not by showing more skin and being featured in people magazines or making speechs and giving interviews, it's by taking real and concreate decisions which can make women's life better.

Well said. I absolutely agree.

Lalla Salma Attends Arab Women Organization Conference
Morocco’s Princess Lalla Salma was present for the 4th annual Supreme Council of the Arab Women Organization (AWO) Conference in Tunis, Tunisia Thursday.
The wife of King Mohammed VI arrived in the city Wednesday and was greeted by Tunisia’s First Lady Leila Ben Ali. Lalla Salma brought her two children, Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan and Princess Lalla Khadija along with her.

Asma Assad, Sheikha Mozah and Sheika Sabeeka also appear to be absent.

I do think it says a lot about the mentality of some people that the only way they can praise Lalla Salma is by knocking Queen Rania. Is Lalla Salma's role so meagre and insignificant that they have to knock other public figures to make her seem better?

Moreover, Islam takes a fairly dim view of backbiting and bitching. Modesty is more than just what a person wears, although some people cannot get their heads around than that.

I also never understand that eternal need to compare Lalla Salma to Rania,two different women in a completely different circumstances,and absolutely from different countries with a different experiences.

was nice to see Lalla Salma in that meeting,nice that she is more and more involved with the AWO,her presence can brings more attention to the huge reforms made for women in Morocco,pitty alot of first ladies didn't come,Tunisia is good,very good model in matter of women empowerment,wich that countries can learn from.

Asma Assad, Sheikha Mozah and Sheika Sabeeka also appear to be absent.

Asama Assad is in state visit to south america, Moza in France, and it's Rania who is the one who launched the initiative of restructuration and reforms to empower arab women in Jordan on 2002, the least thing to do was to come to Tunis where there was a real begining for this, in this summit they launched an observatory of law.

I do think it says a lot about the mentality of some people that the only way they can praise Lalla Salma is by knocking Queen Rania. Is Lalla Salma's role so meagre and insignificant that they have to knock other public figures to make her seem better?

I am happy that my comments which are based on reality put you all ways, because the truth and reality are there, and you can't change it. Sure Rania's profile is very high, thanks to number of speechs and inteviews she gives, but her achievements are 0, which makes her role really insignifient, compared to what's done in Tunisia, which tops whole arabs countries in empowerement of Women. It was a loss for her not attending this summit in Tunisia, to learn something from an arab and islamic country and to apply it in her country, instead of talking without acting.:angel:

I also never understand that eternal need to compare Lalla Salma to Rania,two different women in a completely different circumstances,and absolutely from different countries with a different experiences.

was nice to see Lalla Salma in that meeting,nice that she is more and more involved with the AWO,her presence can brings more attention to the huge reforms made for women in Morocco,pitty alot of first ladies didn't come,Tunisia is good,very good model in matter of women empowerment,wich that countries can learn from.

I also don't understund this obssession of some people to compare Salma to Rania.
Regarding my own post, I never suggested any comparaison between the two first ladies, but that some had felt pointed, is very telling about what's the reality of things. I don't know why it's too difficult to admit a reality when it's there.

I understand you're first post very well Sephora,and I want to say that I agree with alot of what you say,you did some very good points:flowers:

ok girls let me tell you that Quatar is not a member yet of AWO,so Mozha didn't attend any of the AWO's meeting no or before.

Asama Assad is in state visit to south america, Moza in France, and it's Rania who is the one who launched the initiative of restructuration and reforms to empower arab women in Jordan on 2002, the least thing to do was to come to Tunis where there was a real begining for this, in this summit they launched an observatory of law.

It was only the meeting of the AWO’s Higher Council (in preparation of the next summit), where First Ladies often do not show up themselves but send somebody else to represent them. No doubt that at the next AWO conference in 2010 in Tunis (and still under the presidency of the Tunisian First Lady) we will see all of them: Lalla Salma, Rania, Asma etc.

:previous: you're right Veram98 this meeting is only a preparation for the next summit in Tunisia 2010,however that's not mean first ladies are often absent of sush meeting,this time only 3 first ladies of 15 members were present(Mrs Amina Abbas,Sheikha Fatima and Lalla Salma),quit pitty,if we look back at the third Higher Council meeting in Abu Dhabi,the attendance was much better:http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb61/caramilla_2007/74341254.jpg?t=1246298520
anyway hope see them all for the 2010 summit.

here Lalla Salma speech to the meeting:
Tunis - Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of King Mohammed VI, delivered on Thursday an address before the Fourth Meeting of the Arab Women Organization (AWO)..MAP

It was only the meeting of the AWO’s Higher Council (in preparation of the next summit), where First Ladies often do not show up themselves but send somebody else to represent them. No doubt that at the next AWO conference in 2010 in Tunis (and still under the presidency of the Tunisian First Lady) we will see all of them: Lalla Salma, Rania, Asma etc.

I understund it is a preparatory meeting for 2010 summit, but how you want to make reforms if you don't come with concreate projects and propositions, hope you understund what I mean.

I understund it is a preparatory meeting for 2010 summit, but how you want to make reforms if you don't come with concreate projects and propositions, hope you understund what I mean.

It is still enough time to make propositions for the 2010 summit, and for now, if I remember well, Queen Rania attended more frequently than the other Arab First Ladies such AWO meetings (and she made propositions). Your comments were therefore a bit unfair. Last time Rania was present and Lalla Salma not, this time it's the other way round. You should not overvalue the presence of one or the other woman at such preparatory meetings. As the current president of the AWO it's Mrs. Ben Ali who is the one to play the decisive role in preparing the summit.

I am not blaming the absent first ladies,they must have something else to do, I neither overvalue the presence of the other,I only notice that Mrs Ben Ali attend all the previous AWO meetings (important or not) in Abu Dabi,Aman,Cairo...so I think other first ladies could show up by courtesy.

I just want to say something:I really admire the arab first ladies with the AWO it's good and important to exchange views and experiences about women situation in Arab world,but I honestly think that the empowerement of Women issue is a question of political will,when the political will existed in Tunisia in 1956 an amazing changes for women start there it was not because of Madame Ben ali work even if she do a good work,and when the political will existed in Morocco on the person of M6 a very big and important reforms were made for moroccan women in all sectors and it was not because Lalla salma attend AWO meetings,so what I want to say if we want to see all arab states take Tunisia and morocco steps that need a real and stronge political will wich I don't see in the most of the arab countries now.

The problem with the empowerment of women by the AWO is that it's not the Arab First Ladies who are able to change the laws in their countries, it is unfortunately not their will that is the deciding factor there. That said, I also respect what they are trying do do through AWO.

yes we must respect their work with the organisation,it's already a plus (like it said in frensh)that ladies like Asma,Suzane,Lalla salma and Rania dedicate their time for the AWO and come to the meetings,I admire that.

when I was talking about the political will I didn't mean the first ladies will but those of their husbands IMO.

OK guys let's move on to Lalla salma current events.
Royal Family of Morocco Moderators.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom