The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Morocco > King Mohammed VI and Princess Lalla Salma and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Lalla Salma might attend Prince William wedding,she is among the guests list and this article mention she will be there....Link

The official guests List: http://www.officialroyalwedding2011....tminster-Abbey

Old 04-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Courtier

It will be great to see Lalla Salma at the wedding !

Old 04-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post

It will be great to see Lalla Salma at the wedding !
I don't think she will be the one to go. I think it's more likely moulay rachid. the one who get to go to a wedding must be of the same hierarchy. Lalla salma will likely only go to events of kings or queens.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

This official list released yesterday is for the guests who confirmed their presence at the wedding.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I certainly hope she will attend. Lalla Salma is the most beautiful of all the royal ladies and when she is dressed is her gorgeous caftans, she is stunning.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

i wonder if she will wear normal clothes with hat or the traditional caftan?
i really hope to see a caftan, because that will be unique, diferent and she will represent somewhat her country.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Majesty

I do hope Lalla Salma will opt for a caftan. She will look magnificent.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ooops, I forgot it is a morning wedding. I would assume her striking caftans would not be used during daytime.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 AM

It would be lovely to see Lalla Salma wearing beautiful caftan at the wedding
Old 04-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
i wonder if she will wear normal clothes with hat or the traditional caftan?
i really hope to see a caftan, because that will be unique, diferent and she will represent somewhat her country.
Most likely a caftan as Lalla Salma & the royal women always represent their country in traditional wear which I really admire & as the dress codes is optional to a suit & hair or traditional wear the latter is more likely.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

it would be great to see Lalla salma at the wedding I am looking forward to see her there.
I am sure she well put one of her stunning caftans.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Ooops, I forgot it is a morning wedding. I would assume her striking caftans would not be used during daytime.
well for a morning wedding it will not be appropriate a long dress since the protocol says for other type of clothes. but you know, the protocol does NOT forbid if you wanna wear other types.
for ex: QRania wear a long skirt for Letizia's morning wedding.
so its almost for sure that Lalla Salma will wear a caftan and i hope so!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
well for a morning wedding it will not be appropriate a long dress since the protocol says for other type of clothes. but you know, the protocol does NOT forbid if you wanna wear other types.
for ex: QRania wear a long skirt for Letizia's morning wedding.
so its almost for sure that Lalla Salma will wear a caftan and i hope so!!!!
I am sure Lalla Salma will wear a caftan even if i's a morning wedding. If there's a code of clothes, it doesn't apply to national or traditional clothes. Her sisters in law did attend some day/morning weddings in the pas and they always wore moroccan caftans.

In term of being appropriate or not, I don't think we can compare that to what did Queen Rania at the spanish wedding, she broke the protocole, since she was wearing a western evening skirt/dress designed by Givenchy not a traditional or national costume.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Courtier

I hope too Lalla Salma will wear a caftan. She will be gorgeous !
Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

just heard on the radion Medi 1(a reliable source),Moulay hassan to attend the wedding with his mom
Old 04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
just heard on the radion Medi 1(a reliable source),Moulay hassan to attend the wedding with his mom
Not sure that Lalla Salma will attend the wedding after the terrorists attacks in Marrakesh today...But for sure I hope she will come as the terrorists' goal was to unsettle the peacful process of reforms inlike elsewhere...

Off-topic: Hope everything is all right for you Shrifia since it's your city?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I am fine thanks you very much Sephora...it was a very bad day but everyone I know is safe thanks to god.

I also think she should go,sitting at home will only make who do that more happy...I promise myself I'll be the fist to go to this cafee when their door will open again.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Posts about Lalla Salma at the royal wedding in London can be found here:

Prince William and Catherine Middleton: The Wedding Service: 29 April 2011

Pre Wedding Events for Wedding of William & Catherine

Humera
Morocco Forum Moderator
Old 04-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

When is Salma gonig to visit the victims of the bombing? Or is she still too busy having fun in London?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think she will visit them although I hope she does.
it's the king who is supposed to visit them in the upcoming days maybe Monday if what I read is true.

Closed Thread

Tags
lalla salma, princess lalla salma