Princess Lalla Salma Current Events 2: September 2011-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mademoiselle Lilo

Former Moderator
City
T/H
Country
Morocco
Morocco.gif

Welcome to Part 2 of Princess Lalla Salma Currents Events thread.

In this thread you may post news, pictures and articles related to Princess Lalla Salma Currents Events.

You can find the old thread here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...alma-current-events-february-2005-a-1936.html

Please take a look at the

TRF Community Rules & FAQs

Happy Posting
!:flowers:

Last edited:
i suspect we will find pictures of them althought i am sure ppl working there took alof photos of them and with them to keep it,but i doubt we will see any..Lalla Salma like to keep her fun times with her kids out of the spotlights.

Lalla salma has visited the 9/11 Museum in NY
Notable US and foreign visitors to the Memorial have included President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush, Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu, President of Chile Sebastián Piñera, First Lady of Mexico Margarita Zavala, Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco, the Nordic Royals, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey, Vice President Joe Biden, and Medal of Honor Recipient Sgt. Dakota Meyer....Source

Lalla salma has visited the 9/11 Museum in NY
Notable US and foreign visitors to the Memorial have included President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush, Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu, President of Chile Sebastián Piñera, First Lady of Mexico Margarita Zavala, Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco, the Nordic Royals, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey, Vice President Joe Biden, and Medal of Honor Recipient Sgt. Dakota Meyer....Source
when that happen?

:previous: during her visiti to NY last Septamber I guess.

Lalla salma is actually in Marrakech she was spotted strolling in some of the old city streets and Neighborhoods and several time in the last days.

Last edited by a moderator:
shrifia said:
Lalla salma is actually in Marrakech she was spotted strolling in some of the old city streets and Neighborhoods and several time in the last days.

Was it mentioned in news?

Yep they mst be lucky,i myself was lucky and spotted her once a few years ago in Tangier.

i wonder if this visit has something to do with Dar AlHayat of Marrakech as far as i know construction should end with the beginning of 2012 and the Princess should inaugurate it soon.

Mademoiselle Lilo said:
Lalla Salma took the side of the boxer Maravilla Martínez as protective in his Problems against the World Boxing Council,i am wondering about Lalla Salma interest in all that sound like odd story to me..some one with good Spanish can help with the translation of the articles because my spanish is poor very poor...:D
Protección al Maravilla Martínez: Un asunto real
Protección al Maravilla Martínez: Un asunto real - Vanguardia

Indeed that is very strange .. It does not suit her at all .. How reliable the articles are?

:previous:
i think they are reliable sources,anyway i am sure we will here more about that story in the futur.

Last edited:
Lalla Salma took the side of the boxer Maravilla Martínez as protective in his Problems against the World Boxing Council,i am wondering about Lalla Salma interest in all that sound like odd story to me..some one with good Spanish can help with the translation of the articles because my spanish is poor very poor...:D
Protección al Maravilla Martínez: Un asunto real
Protección al Maravilla Martínez: Un asunto real - Vanguardia

That's really weird if it turns to be true. Why the moroccan royal family will support a spanish boxer???..He belongs to the spanish boxers's federation not to the moroccan one.

I think that there's lot of moroccans sportsmen who need the royal family's support, there are a lot who took the gulfi (Qatar, Bahrein...) or european citizenships because they don't find enough support in their country of origin Morocco!!!:ermm:

Dialogue for Action Africa to Convene Women's Issues Forum June 11, 2012
..Confirmed DFAA speakers and participants include: Cecilia Attias, Founder and President, The Cecilia Attias Foundation for Women; Sylvia Bongo Ondimba, First Lady, Gabon; Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan, First Lady, Nigeria; Chantal Compaore, First Lady, Burkina Faso; Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Salma, Morocco; Chantal Biya, First Lady, Cameroon; Azeb Mesfin, First Lady, Ethiopia; Dr. Malika Issoufou Mahamdou, First Lady, Niger; Irina Bukova, Director General of UNESCO;

Thanks Lilo I wish see pics of her and kid during holidays. Why King never spends his holidays with them? and when is the Throne Day?

Thanks Lilo I wish see pics of her and kid during holidays. Why King never spends his holidays with them? and when is the Throne Day?
i hope to see photos too but i doubt it.
they do spend holiday together in Morocco and abroad but also they go for solo vacation sometimes by the way Moulay Hassan and Lalla Khadija are with their mom in Greece.
Throne day is on 30th July.

I hope to see pics to but I don't think so she don't like to be photographed in private.
any idea if she is back to Morocco now?

Lalla salma had lunch at Royal Mansour on her last Visit to Marrakech:

In addition to being an object lesson in Moroccan style at its most refined and costly (the budget remains a state secret), the Royal Mansour has become something of a court hangout. My husband spotted the king’s dazzling young wife, Lalla Salma, lunching on the terrace. A lissome redhead in flowered capri pants and sunglasses, she was separated from us by a Maginot Line of unoccupied tables and watched by a discreet battalion of clean-cut bodyguards. Her presence was something of a surprise. After all, back in the days of the present king’s father, Hassan II, the royal wife was never seen in public and had no title. But if the consort of the present Commander of the Faithful can show up at a local restaurant, with her offspring in tow, then Marrakech—indeed all of Morocco—has entered a new era.
The Aesthete Looks at Hotels and Restaurants in Marrakech : News, Culture + Travel : Architectural Digest

a very rare picture of lalla salma !!! thank you sharifia for posting it!:flowers:
I believe its a recent picture, it's nice seeing her again but what happened to her sense of style?? :ohmy: the hat looks so wrong on her it doesn't suit her at allllll :sad:

This pic is also uploaded in one of lalla salma's blogs in facebook , and one of the people commented that the girl behind lalla salma is her cousin and is often seen with her in public. does anyone knows if that is true ?

Last edited:
a very rare picture of lalla salma !!! thank you sharifia for posting it!:flowers:

This pic is also uploaded in one of lalla salma's blogs in facebook , and one of the people commented that the girl behind lalla salma is her cousin and is often seen with her in public. does anyone knows if that is true ?
I was going the ask the same about the woma with Lalla salma I also saw her several time with the Princess and I wonder whs she?

its kind of surprise to see Paparazzi colse enough to take a photo of Lalla Salma,but i guess she don't care as long as their kids are not with her.
the woman with her is indeed her cousin i don't know her name but she is very close friend of Lalla Salma and she go with her very often abraod in official visits and also vacations.

University of New England - Anne Zill participates in World Leadership Conference of the International Women's Forum
Anne B. Zill, director of the UNE Art Gallery, represented the UNE Center for Global Humanities at the World Leadership Conference of the International Women's Forum held in Rabat, Morocco last May and June.
Around 800 women leaders from around the world participated in this event and were hosted by the Princess Lalla Salma, wife of the King of Morocco. Zill joined Barbara Goodbody, a friend and supporter of UNE, for the event which was presided over by Asma Chaabi.
Photo: http://oi48.tinypic.com/2myrlzb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom