Lalla Salma for the fight against AIDS

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rchainho

Heir Presumptive
Country
Portugal
http://www.jeuneafrique.com/gabarits/articleDEP_online.asp?art_cle=MAP60235lapriadisel0

The princess Lalla Salma in New York to take part in the meeting of the first injuries of Africa on the fight against the AIDS
MOROCCO - September 13, 2005 - MAP

The Princess Lalla Salma leaves this Tuesday Morocco bound for
New York where it will take part in the meeting of the first injuries of Africa devoted to the fight against the AIDS, who will take place on September 15.
The wife of the Mohammed VI sovereign will be accompanied during this visit per MM. Mohamed Benaissa, Foreign Minister and of the co-operation, Mohamed Sheik Biadillah, Minister for health, Mrs. Yasmina Baddou, Secretary of State in charge of the family, handicapped childhood and people, like by Mrs. Hakima Himmich, president of the association of fight against the AIDS and Mrs. Nadia Bezad, president of L Panafrican Organization of Fight against the AIDS.
SAR the Princess Lalla Salma will be greeted with Its departure of the international airport Mohammed V of Casablanca by the wali of large Casablanca, M. Mohamed Kabbaj.

Last edited by a moderator:
New York

New York
Princess Lalla Salma takes part in meeting on AIDS
http://www.moroccotimes.com/news/article.asp?id=9654
The princess will be accompanied by Foreign Minister Mohammed Benaissa, President of the Association against AIDS, Hakima Himmich, and president of the Pan-African organisation against AIDS, Nadia bezad, Minister of Health, Mohamed Cheikh Biadillah, Secretary of State in charge of Family, Children and Handicapped people, Yasmina Baddou.

Morocco is one of the North African countries that has known AIDS since the middle of the 80's. The first case of AIDS was discovered in 1986 in a man infected by blood transfusion during surgery in France.

Statistics up to 31/10/2004 reveal that the total number of cases in Morocco reached 1,557 of which 62% were men, and 38% were women.

According to the Ministry of Health, 16,000 people live with AIDS in Morocco

I saw lalla salma on TV at the meeting on AIDS, she was cute on black and white, but I was diapointed because she don't make anything, she seat down and she heard at the speaches of others
it was not a big meeting, there was not a lot of people, then it would be a good trainment for her to speech in public
I noticed also that she was tense with Laura Bush, she hasn't yet the experience to be in public

loubna2 said:
I saw lalla salma on TV at the meeting on AIDS, she was cute on black and white, but I was diapointed because she don't make anything, she seat down and she heard at the speaches of others
it was not a big meeting, there was not a lot of people, then it would be a good trainment for her to speech in public
I noticed also that she was tense with Laura Bush, she hasn't yet the experience to be in public

Her attendance at these meetings indicate that there must at least be some interest...wonder why she has not gotten more training to help her get over her tension/shyness...

loubna2 said:

I saw her also on TV, and it is true that she was very tense with laura bush
when they took a photo together, she don't seem comfortable at all
and when laura bush make her speech, moroccan camera was on lalla salma, and it was obvious that she hasn't the habit of this kind of events
in spite of that I like her a lot because she make a lot of efforts to be a good first lady

H.R.H. the Princess Lalla Salma takes part in the meeting of the first injuries from Africa in New York

16.09.2005 | 17h26 H.R.H. the Princess Lalla Salma took part in the meeting of the first injuries of Africa on the fight against the AIDS, behaviour Thursday in New York at the Rockefeller university, in margin of the 60e General meeting of the United Nations.
This meeting of the first injuries of Africa lies within the scope of the efforts authorized to support the international strategy of fight against the AIDS in Africa. The executive secretary of the national Committee of fight against the AIDS, Mrs. Biacot indicated in a diffused declaration Thursday evening by the chain of television 2M, that "H.R.H. the Princess Lalla Salma is a very dynamic injury.
We count on it to sensitize the countries of North Africa and to mobilize their people in order to give their support to face this plague ".
Mrs. Biacot added that "Its Royal Highness adhered to this structure and has fact shows of a great will to contribute to disencumber the black Continent of this pandemia. We are proud that H.R.H. the Princess Lalla Salma joined to us ".

The Minister for Health, Mohamed Sheik Biadillah has underlined on his side that Morocco lays out, for several years, of a campaign against the AIDS, recalling that the Funds world of fight against the AIDS, tuberculosis and paludism helps the Kingdom to finance its program implemented in co-operation with several organizations of the civil company, for purposes to deal with the declared cases, to provide to the people reached the drugs necessary and to ensure the biological monitoring gracefully.
credit:Le matin

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Lalla Salma takes part in the meeting of the first ladies of Africa on the fight against the AIDS

http://www.map.ma/fr/sections/boite3/sar_la_princesse_lal2532/view

Attachments

• sar_lalla_salma.jpg
    sar_lalla_salma.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,376
Thanks amira for posting,I like this picture,salma looks good and elegant,I'm surprised that some members said that she was looking very tense

Monalisa said:
Thanks amira for posting,I like this picture,salma looks good and elegant,I'm surprised that some members said that she was looking very tense

i agree with you , she looks very Cool and beautiful ;) not stressed at all .

"I'm surprised that some members said that she was looking very tense"

She still looks tense in the picture, take a look at her body language and facial expression. She is incredibly on edge in the picture.

I don't want to be hard with her, because she seems to be a very kind lady, and she has a lot of charm, but it's obvious that she has a lot of difficulties to assume her role of first lady
I know that she is young, and perhaps she is very shy, but her behavior when she met Laura Bush, wasn't appropriate
when Laura Bush welcomed her, she inclined herself in front of her as if she was an anonymous lady who meet a first lady, she had a lost glance and her smile was very contracted, and she was so tense that she forgot to shake the hand of Laura Bush before to take leave of her, Laura Bush stayed a moment with her hand suspended
I think that when a first lady goes abroad, she must recall that she represents the women of her country, it seems that she forgot that and she is too impressionable

isis said:
I don't want to be hard with her, because she seems to be a very kind lady, and she has a lot of charm, but it's obvious that she has a lot of difficulties to assume her role of first lady
I know that she is young, and perhaps she is very shy, but her behavior when she met Laura Bush, wasn't appropriate
when Laura Bush welcomed her, she inclined herself in front of her as if she was an anonymous lady who meet a first lady, she had a lost glance and her smile was very contracted, and she was so tense that she forgot to shake the hand of Laura Bush before to take leave of her, Laura Bush stayed a moment with her hand suspended
I think that when a first lady goes abroad, she must recall that she represents the women of her country, it seems that she forgot that and she is too impressionable

that sounds so odd. Lalla Salma has interacted with first ladies before, both royal and non-royal. Has she acted in this manner in the past? When she met Queen Sofia she seemed so much at ease. But I admit that was not during their very first meeting. It was in subsequent meetings that the two women hit it off. I hope Lalla Salma has someone in the royal court to help her with this sort of thing. Most princesses and consorts have people to guide and ease them into their royal roles. Now Im beginning to see why Lalla Salma prefers to keep her public duties to the minimum. Or maybe it was only this particular occassion in the US that she felt uncomfortable at. Perhaps she wasnt feeling her best.

imane44 said:
did she make a speech?

On Moroccan TV, We don't saw her making a speach, I think that if she maked a speach, Moroccan TV would show her

I find her incredibly gorgeous. She hasn't been out much but like Mother Teresa said to make a difference in the world you must start at home. Salma seems to be a great mother. I'm really happy for her.

she looks absolutely gorgeous ...just class :)

A wonderful picture. Hillary Clinton and Princess Lalla Salma look like bosom buddies. I especially love the body language which is neither false nor, tense. I think that this is a good sign of good things to come for Princess Lalla Salma.:)

monamona said:
Salma and Hillary....

This is another picture that says Salma is not tense as mentioned by some members.
By the way, Lalla has beautiful hands and fingers (not skinny, not....);)

Source: http://www.map.ma/fr/sections/boite1/entretien_de_sar_la/view

A nice close up of P.Salma:)
source: Basta News Interactive

Attachments

• post_43_1127596855lallasalma.jpg
    post_43_1127596855lallasalma.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 1,302
Last edited:
Sounds like a good event. I'm glad to see Lalla Salma finally getting involved and working.

Princess lalla Salma meets several personalities on fringes of UNGA AIDS Conference

New York (UNO), June 02 - Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of king Mohammed VI, met, here Friday, several heads of state and government and UN officials on the fringes of the UN General Assembly AIDS Conference.

http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/social/princess_lalla_salma7841/view

source: map

Attachments

• LallasalmaONU-M.jpg
    LallasalmaONU-M.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 692
Thanks Amira! Too bad the picture is small.

clymène said:
Thanks Amira! Too bad the picture is small.

here is the same pic but bigger :) IMO she looks bored or it's just a feeling :confused:

source: map

Attachments

• sar-Lalla-salma1.JPG
    sar-Lalla-salma1.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 914
The ear things she's wearing are the headphones that connect her to the UN translators who translate the meetings for the representatives, am I correct?

I saw her on TV, and her look was average
about her activities, it seems to me, that what she wanted was to fill her diary, because her meeting with the French foreign minister and the Africa Center president hadn't any reason of being, I think that because of the good relations between France and Morocco and between Center Africa and Morocco, the two countries want to make a gift to the king and meeting her wife
For what I saw on TV, when she welcomed the Africa Center President, she had a very stiff smile, I saw her speaking once, but most time, the camera of the moroccan Tv was on the foreign personalities, I don't know why?
During the lunch, I saw her, only, smiling, but she didn't speak
personally, I think that she wanted to give the impression that she is very active, because during her travel in New York, she didn't make a useful work, she didn't make a speach, her meeting with persons who have big experience in the struggle against AIDS was very light, instead to meet French foreign Minister and the Africa Center President, it would be the occasion to do a work meeting with these persons, she could take with her documents and work, that is what make the personalities who want to do useful work when they go in UNO, and not only ceremonial meeting of few minutes
Why she went in New York, I don’t know, personally I think that her coming don’t add anything more, the presence of Moroccan health Minister would be sufficient

Thanks Amira for the bigger picture. I personnally just think that a single picture is not enough to judge about her being involved with enthusiasm or not in this activity. I believe for my part that she is is just trying to concentrate on the translation to french or arabic of what is being said, probably in english.

To answer Samia, I don't agree with you.
First of all Salma did'nt decide to go to new york, she "was sent" there by the morocan royal office (le cabinet royal in french). I am sure that she is not the one who decides about her activities and schedules. And it was a conference, she is not a scholar as far as aids is concerned and she didn't have to make any speech. She was sent there to listen to the results of the work made by the uno on that big issue that touches many people in the world.

Secondly she has certainly not decided who to meet on her own!! It was scheduled by that very royal office I just mentionned... And certainly before her arrival to new york!
And then I would like to add that the persons she met were important, the article mentions what the foreign minister said about those meetings being important. The two countries didn't want to make any gift to the king and they just don't have to. Do you really think that she spoke about what she wanted?

Lalla Salma WAS SENT there, and they told her exactly what to talk about with the people she met. It was a mission they gave her. It was useful, otherwise the royal office wouldn't have sent her or would have sent someone else.

And i also believe that she is maybe shy, maybe stiff, you have seen her on television and you may know it better than I do; but I am sure that she is perfectly aware that she is married to the king, that she must do some good work, and I am sure that she is totally involved with very much enthusiasm in what she does.

Back
Top Bottom