Lalla Salma for the fight against AIDS

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
she is very brilliant in speaking frensh and lalla salma mean shaking hands .

in morocco thet are many people who spaek french much better, her pronounciatioon is OK but sometimes she prounounce words with a not nice pronounciation

Last edited by a moderator:
she has à very "scolar" prononciation

i heared her speech and i think was good,her french is great,all the moroccan who speak frensh have very good prononciation and speak it very perfetely.

she has à very "scolar" prononciation

exactly, it's obvious when I heard her that in a conversation her french isn't limpid,
PS: when I say that it isn't a critic since french isn't her maternal language, but only a remark, I heard many times moroccan speaking french, and when they have a good level of education their french is very good, lalla salma did engineer studies then I though that her french would be better than what I heard

in morocco thet are many people who spaek french much better...
loubna2, no-one was claiming that Lalla Salma speaks French "better than anyone else in Morocco".
There are no doubt people in Morocco who speak Moroccan Arabic better than Lalla Salma, or even M6 himself. So what? It's not a contest or a competition.

loubna2, no-one was claiming that Lalla Salma speaks French "better than anyone else in Morocco".
There are no doubt people in Morocco who speak Moroccan Arabic better than Lalla Salma, or even M6 himself. So what? It's not a contest or a competition.

I don't say that she must speak french better than anyone, but I don't find that her french is good or brilliant as say some members because in morocco I heard often people who speak a brilliant french then, I have a model to comparision and as said rosa there isn't anyting wrong with that

lalla salma did engineer studies
exactly,Lalla Salma did the engineerstudies,and students who do the same studies are not only supposed to be excellent in frensh but they are certainly excellent in frensh as everything related to their studies is in that language,i say so because my brother is an engineer student too and he is so good that a frensh engineer responsible of his project for school here in morocco told him that he and his classmates speak frensh much better tan some french.

Anyone who speaks more than one language gets my applause for being able to do so.

Lalla Salma speaks Arabic french english and spanish.
Arabic because she moroccan french because it's the second language in Morocco english because her studies i guess...she took spanish lessons later after her marriage because all MRF speak spanish perfectly.

i don't expect to see pics MAP didn't release anything yet.
it's nice to see her out again for the fight of AIDS work.

Thanks, Lalla Salma looks great, I wonder if she would have other events on the side that has to do with the AIDS event.

HRH Princess Lalla Salma holds talks with UNAIDS' Executive Director
New York - HRH Princess Lalla Salma held talks with Executive Director of the UNAIDS, Michel Sidibé, on Thursday at the United Nations headquarters in New York on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly's High-Level Meeting on AIDS....MAP*****Picture

I'm very disappointed about her English :ohmy:
her english is not good

HRH Princess Lalla Salma holds talks with UNAIDS' Executive Director
New York - HRH Princess Lalla Salma held talks with Executive Director of the UNAIDS, Michel Sidibé, on Thursday at the United Nations headquarters in New York on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly's High-Level Meeting on AIDS....MAP*****Picture
her nose is deferent of i think like this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
her english is not good
She's francophone, she could give her speech in french or arabic as they are both languages used in the UN, and it's nice she talked in english and I like it was done in spontanuous way and without reading her speech, hereslf she said I will try. Usually francophone head of states when they are in USA or UN, they give their speeches in french...

Ps: I don't see any difference on her nose, it's still long and has character, she just lost some weight.

her english is ok,I like her accent the problem is that she didn't prepare anything to say for this meeting I am sure if she prepared already something to say her english would look perfect IMO.

her english is ok,I like her accent the problem is that she didn't prepare anything to say for this meeting I am sure if she prepared already something to say her english would look perfect IMO.

I agree with you. It's not easy to speak spontaneously when it's not our mother tongue.

Last edited:
She has a deeper voice than I expected and her accent has more than a hint of French in it. Its a very heavy French accent in fact and not an Arabic one.
Lalla Salma has been to her share of such meetings, and not just in NY. I didn't expect her to sound so unprepared. At times she did speak well but there were a lot of pauses and hesitations.

Last edited:
She has a deeper voice than I expected and her accent has more than a hint of French in it. Its a very heavy French accent in fact and not an Arabic one.
Lalla Salma has been to her share of such meetings, and not just in NY. I didn't expect her to sound so unprepared. At times she did speak well but there were a lot of pauses and hesitations.

She does have quite a deep voice, looking at her you wouldn't expect it :)
I think she is not too secure/confident in talking english thats why maybe she sounded unprepared IMO. I would love to hear her speak French, just to see the difference if its a public speaking thing or language.

i felt like she already prepared what she want to say in french then in last minute she decide to do it in english and the result was not good Imo.however i agree with Shrifia and JulieS her english was not bad at all she only needed to focus on giving a speech in english the first place.

Dazz during her last meeting of the first ladies against AIDS in Senegale she gave a speech in french i'll do my best to find something for you.

In fact, moroccan newspapers gave a perfect image of the first lady. They said she speaks many languages fluently & has amazing communication skills. But, her english is disappointing to me, and some said her french is scolar.

Back
Top Bottom