Lalla Salma for the fight against AIDS

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In fact, moroccan newspapers gave a perfect image of the first lady. They said she speaks many languages fluently & has amazing communication skills. But, her english is disappointing to me, and some said her french is scolar.

I agree :)
Being from a French-speaking country does not justify this.
IMO Lalla Salma as a "first lady", must master the English language (wich is an universal language)

I agree :)
Being from a French-speaking country does not justify this.
IMO Lalla Salma as a "first lady", must master the English language (wich is an universal language)

Her English is fine, she just needs to be more natural in her elocution. I could understand her completely. She did rather well.

In fact, moroccan newspapers gave a perfect image of the first lady. They said she speaks many languages fluently & has amazing communication skills. But, her english is disappointing to me, and some said her french is scolar.
Diasppointing?!! What's the critereas of your judgement? How many people you know speak 4 languages? She for sure speaks very fluently Arbic and french, she also speaks spanish and she speaks english, understand it and can even have conversations in it, yes she has a heavy french accent, but it's normal? Have you ever seen how francophone head of states speak english? Even Princess Letizia who had several years behind her performing as an international journalist, speaks an english worst than Lalla Salma's one, which makes that she speaks only spanish fluently...

Diasppointing?!! What's the critereas of your judgement? How many people you know speak 4 languages? She for sure speaks very fluently Arbic and french, she also speaks spanish and she speaks english, understand it and can even have conversations in it, yes she has a heavy french accent, but it's normal? Have you ever seen how francophone head of states speak english? Even Princess Letizia who had several years behind her performing as an international journalist, speaks an english worst than Lalla Salma's one, which makes that she speaks only spanish fluently...
Its not called a "judgement", its a point of view. And, you are not obliged to agree with me. I dont care about other countries, im talking about Morocco,and, yes i do know many people who speak different languages fluently & are not ministers nor high-profiles. She's not supposed to be perfect. I was talking about how the newspapers exagerate when it comes to high-profiles.So yes, its disappointing to me. Hope i cleared things up.

Its not called a "judgement", its a point of view. And, you are not obliged to agree with me. I dont care about other countries, im talking about Morocco,and, yes i do know many people who speak different languages fluently & are not ministers nor high-profiles. She's not supposed to be perfect. I was talking about how the newspapers exagerate when it comes to high-profiles.So yes, its disappointing to me. Hope i cleared things up.

No worries, since it's a point of view then, but there's no exargeration on the moroccan newspapers when they introduced her, since she was engineer from a prestigious school, and this is a fact as it's not given to everybody to make such as studies...and again, I don't know lot of royals or first ladies who have the same education.

Lalla Salma's english is just fine. Her speech was sincere and a break from the previous speakers' listing of accomplishments and statistics. Lalla Salma put a human touch and her own sincerity into her's and it came across very well.

Last edited:
honestly even though her english wasn't perfect .. am proud of her ! how many of us speak 4languages..and particularly among the royal people ?? you would count them on your fingers! lalla salma did well with trying to speak in english and what she did shows how modest she really is :) !!

I think her English is not bad,but her pronounciation could be improved-it seems as if she hadn´t been able to prepare her speech well enough but she could deliver her message and talk about the topic of the meeting.It´s more important to have something valuable and meaningful to say than wheter you talk like a native speaker-but of course we prefer to listen to people who command a language perfectly and without accent.

With all that said I would like to remind you that there are a lot of people who speak English much much worse than Lalla Salma-just think of Arnold Schwarzenegger who lived in the US for many years and still talks with a terrible German accent,I feel embarassed everytime I hear him :eek:

I hope she don't give up in speaking english I insist that her english and accent was right she only needed to work out her intervention before like everybody do in this circumstances:)

She Looks So Nice , and That’s Really Kind From Her To Stand Against Cancer & AIDS , Thank You Mademoiselle .

Lalla Salma speaking in English

i thought this may be interesting to some people, here's a video of lalla salma speaking in english in a HIV conference

« Lalla Salma » speak anglais

it was for me the first time i not only hear her speaking in english, but also the firs ttime i heard her speaking

Back
Top Bottom