King Mohammed VI Current Events 3: May 2011-April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mademoiselle Lilo

Former Moderator
City
T/H
Country
Morocco
Morocco.gif

Welcome to Part 3 of King Mohammed VI's current events thread.

In this thread you may post news, pictures and articles related to King Mohammed VI's current events.

You can find the old thread here:

Please take a look at the​

Happy Posting!:flowers:

Last edited:
Tunisian Defense Minister expresses his country's esteem for HM the King for helping refugees
Tunis - Tunisian Defense Minister, Abdelkrim Zebidi, expressed his country's esteem for HM King Mohammed VI for the support and humanitarian aid dispatched to refugees crossing Libya towards the Tunisian territories....MAP

King enquires about progress of first phase of Oujda's technology park
Oujda - HM King Mohammed VI enquired, on Tuesday in Oujda, about the progress of the first phase of Oujda's technology park, whose in site development works were achieved for a total cost of 255 million dirhams.
Photo: ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

King chairs opening ceremony of second meeting on energy in Oujda
Oujda - HM King Mohammed VI presided, on Tuesday in Oujda, the opening ceremony of the second national meeting on energy, held under the theme "Green Energy, a lever for Morocco".
photos: ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

King inaugurates 'Manar Al Maarifa' studies and research center in Oudja, worth 38 mln dirhams
Oujda - HM King Mohammed VI inaugurated, on Thursday in Oujda, Manar Al Maarifa center for studies and human and social researchers, worth 38 million dirhams.
Photos: ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

King enquires about activities of scientific research at Oujda's Mohammed I University
Oujda - HM King Mohammed VI enquired, on Thursday, about the activities of scientific research at the Oujda's Mohammed I University.
Photos: ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Last edited:
HM the King inaugurates 'HRH Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan' indoor sports hall in Oujda
Oujda - HM King Mohammed VI inaugurated, on Friday in Oujda, "HRH Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan" indoor sports hall, worth over 49 million dirhams ($ 6.2 mln)....MAP

HM the King enquires about INDH projects in Oujda for $1.9mln
Oujda - HM King Mohammed VI enquired, on Friday in Oujda, about several projects carried out as part of the National Initiative for Human Development (INDH) for an amount of 15 million dirhams (1.9 million dollars)...MAP

the rain Shrifia.
its raining in Oujda these days.

Last edited:
HM the King inaugurates post-prison center in Oujda, worth 3 mln dirhams
Oujda - HM King Mohammed VI inaugurated, on Wednesday, a post-prison support center in Oujda, carried out by the Mohammed VI Foundation for the reintegration of prisoners, at a total cost of 3 million dirhams (about $ 386,000)....MAP

HM the King to address the Nation on Friday......MAP

I think the King will talk about the new constitution it's almost done.

HM the King to address the Nation on Friday......MAP

I think the King will talk about the new constitution it's almost done.
he will certainly do.:)
Morocco's King Mohammed VI: between tradition and modernity
RABAT, Jun 17, 2011 (AFP) - After nearly 12 years as king, Mohammed VI has brought modernity to his north African country but some believe the new roads and high-speed trains are not pulling Morocco fast enough into the 21st century.

meantime the king ended his speech about the constitutional reforms,sound promising but I want to know more about it but in general it's huge step forward.

meantime the king ended his speech about the constitutional reforms,sound promising but I want to know more about it but in general it's huge step forward.

Please, give us some news when you will know much about the speech.

from a first view JulieS,King decided to share his powers with an elected governoment and elected piliticans now it's an elected parliament and governomoent who will rule while the king will keep some power in the military and religion field.

you can have a look on these articles and video to know more:
Home: The new constitution, a 'watershed event' in process of completing construction of a State based on rule of law
King declares Morocco a constitutional monarchy - Forbes.com
Morocco's king bows to pressure and allows reform | World news | The Guardian
YouTube - ‪Morocco constitutional reforms‬‏

from a first view JulieS,King decided to share his powers with an elected governoment and elected piliticans now it's an elected parliament and governomoent who will rule while the king will keep some power in the military and religion field.

you can have a look on these articles and video to know more:
Home: The new constitution, a 'watershed event' in process of completing construction of a State based on rule of law
King declares Morocco a constitutional monarchy - Forbes.com
Morocco's king bows to pressure and allows reform | World news | The Guardian
YouTube - ‪Morocco constitutional reforms‬‏

Are the Moroccans happy about the changes?

JulieS I can not talk on the behalf of all moroccan although I am Moroccan,what will prove if they are happy or no it's their vote on the 1 July.
but if you want my opinion as Moroccan well I am satisfied by what is propposed in this new constitution very satisfied by the fact he quickly moved and turn his words to acts.

Last edited:
I don't speak Arabic, but the people I saw on the video seem to be happy. Am I wrong ?

By the way, thanks for all the information you provide, shrifia. :flowers:

I don't speak Arabic, but the people I saw on the video seem to be happy. Am I wrong ?

By the way, thanks for all the information you provide, shrifia. :flowers:
they look happy I read a couple of days ago that ppl are sick of the unrests and hope with that the new constitution it's the time to move on.
you're welcome anytime JulieS:flowers:

BBC News - Morocco's King Mohammed unveils constitutional reforms :

In a landmark speech, Morocco's King Mohammed unveils constitutional reforms.... "although he will retain some key powers"...

... so, not long till the referendum ....
I am not sure if the quick referendum it's a good idea ppl need to know more about the new reforms but I guess they'll be a missive work to represent the reforms and explain it to ppl in the upcoming days.
anyway I so excited about that and looking forward to the 1th of July.

I am not sure if the quick referendum it's a good idea ppl need to know more about the new reforms but I guess they'll be a missive work to represent the reforms and explain it to ppl in the upcoming days.
anyway I so excited about that and looking forward to the 1th of July.

I don't share the same opinion Shrifia. It's absolutlutly not a quick referendum. People had almost 4 months since last King M VI's speech beginning of last March to give their suggestions, propositions and to express what they are sicking for as reforms, and this referendum for the new constitution is coming as an answer for their demands, which is basically a very big step. And aas you said, those are acts and not only words as it had been elsewhere...Of course you can't satisfy eveybody, but mostly what's coming from those reforms is a big change and for the interest of the moroccan people.

i also don't its too early,wha tall we (as Moroccans) need to know about this new constitution is already said and one week is more than enough to know more.
i am looking for the 1th of July also.

i want ask again why they change rules for countrey & language what different from before , i dont know tell me plese ?

the difference Burz is the king will see himself sharing his powers with an elelected governoment and the parliament this is the main important change in this new constitution.

right away after his speech about the constitutional reforms the king was spotted in his car out and about in Rabat streets......- Hespress

Telquel Magazine mention in her issue this week that the king will visit France just after the referendum of the 1th July.
this visit should took place a long time ago.now, would be intersting to see if Lalla salma will go with him.

Telquel Magazine mention in her issue this week that the king will visit France just after the referendum of the 1th July.
this visit should took place a long time ago.now, would be intersting to see if Lalla salma will go with him.

I hope Lalla Salma will be with the King.

It is a private or an official visit?
Do you know if any of the moroccan royals will attend the monegasque wedding? I know King MVI of Morocco and Prince Albert of Monaco are very close friends, but according to moroccan protocol, moroccan kings don't attend weddings, only princes and princesses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom