King Mohammed VI Current Events 1: September 2003 - December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, this is the best speech that KM6 gave. Even the summit was Arabs he addressed much more broader audience. He highlights needs of reforms, activities of young as well international integration. Those what I liked the most are in blue, the red one are the best.

Full text of the address of HM King Mohammed VI to the Arab summit

TUNIS, May 22 - Here follows the full text of the address of HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco to the 16th Arab summit that opened on Saturday in Tunis:

"Praise be to God
Peace and blessings be upon the Prophet, His Kith and Kin
My Distinguished Brother, President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali,

Your Majesties,
Your Excellencies,
Your Highnesses,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

First of all, I would like to express my most sincere thanks to Tunisia and pay tribute to my distinguished brother, His Excellency President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali for his enlightened leadership as well as for the generous hospitality extended to us and the excellent arrangements made for this summit to convene in a warm and brotherly atmosphere.

Our meeting is being held at a crucial time for the regional and international environment, where sweeping changes are taking place. I fully realize, Mr. President, the weight of the responsibility you will be shouldering as you take over the chairmanship from my dear brother the Sovereign of Bahrain, His Majesty King Hamad Bin Issa Al Khalifa, who made every effort to serve the causes of our Ummah.

Given the current, delicate situation, our peoples are asking: Are we going to turn this historic moment into a soul-searching opportunity? Isn't it the right time for us to prove our ability to rise to regional and international challenges, while remaining faithful to our distinctive identity? Are we going to be able to meet the demands of history in the making, at such a decisive point in time?

To rise to current challenges, we must ourselves initiate a reform process in the Arab world, counting on our solidarity and on genuine international support. Such a move will be all the more relevant as it is in line with our Islamic tenets, which constitute a fundamental component of the universal set of values and principles. Indeed, the ideals inspiring us played a pioneering role in protecting man's dignity and upholding equality between humans. Furthermore, they made the quest for knowledge an imperative duty for all. They also establish an inseparable link between freedom and responsible behavior, as well as between justice, consultation, solidarity, open-mindedness, tolerance and the effort of Ijtihad.

Though reform is, today, both desirable and necessary, and is in keeping with a worthy Islamic tradition, there is no ready-to-use recipe for it. Rather, reform is the fruit of instinctive interaction, combined with a willingness to make steady efforts to secure the desired changes and improvements.

We must, therefore, deal with the various international initiatives regarding the Arab Islamic region in a rational way, with an open mind, and from a constructive perspective, especially as they advocate universal values which are fully in line with our Islamic precepts and principles. We must make it clear, through constructive dialogue, that we have a modern project for reform, which is of our own making, and which respects the specific characteristics and national identity of each one of our peoples. It is a project which rejects any interference or encroachment upon the right of peoples to adopt reform processes of their choosing, at the pace which suits them and as fully sovereign nations. We shall thus make a positive contribution to the emergence of a new world order, a more humane order, based on greater solidarity and justice, thereby demonstrating our commitment to unifying Arab ranks and achieving complementarity, in order to strengthen our region as an entity and take an active part in the globalization process.

To achieve this objective, there is no alternative but to change the Arab League's outdated work structures. My revered Grandfather, His Majesty King Mohammed V, and my August Father, His Majesty King Hassan II, blessed be their souls, were among the first leaders to call for amending the Charter of the Arab League. Today, new developments at Arab and international levels, coupled with the challenge of achieving comprehensive development, make it even more imperative for us to upgrade the structures and mechanisms of joint Arab action, and to follow the example of major regional groupings, such as the European Union, which used economic integration as the gateway to the unity and complementarity of its members.

This approach applies to other international groupings, including in Africa, where the promising NEPAD initiative has been adopted. But if we are to achieve the same objective, we must promptly rid the Arab environment of all disputes and put an end to all tension hotbeds. Furthermore, we must foster true brotherly relations, by initiating Arab economic integration gradually. This integration should be based on regional groupings, such as the Arab Maghreb Union -- notwithstanding current obstacles -- or the Gulf Co-operation Council, which turned out to be a special experience. Other examples include free trade zones, such as the one provided for under the Agadir Agreement, a promising accord which advocates partnership between government authorities, elected bodies, the private sector and NGOs from civil society, in conjunction with other partners and actors from the region.

We are determined, in this respect, to boost the Barcelona process as a suitable, realistic forum for building a harmonious partnership with our neighbouring countries. It should be an open, flexible partnership, able to adjust to the requirements of new developments, namely the need to set up new mechanisms to diversify and expand such a relationship.

Our forefathers relied on the unity of faith, language and culture as a solid foundation in nation-building. Today, it is our duty to provide that unity with an essential modern ingredient, namely economic integration, without which it would be impossible for Arabs to shape a common future for their nation.

This is precisely the path being followed by the Kingdom of Morocco in its effort to build a modern state, governed by the rule of law and by institutions, and to make headway in the democracy-building process. Furthermore, this country seeks to consolidate human rights as a culture and as a behavior, and to instill a sense of responsibility in its citizens. For this purpose, it has revamped and upgraded its curricula and training programs. It has also improved the status of women as members of balanced, homogeneous families, and encouraged their integration in all sectors.

I am strongly determined to carry on with this effort, build on our democratic achievements and implement the necessary reforms to address deficiencies and shortcomings with respect to human and social development. To this end, I intend to see to it that solidarity is enhanced and that economic liberalization, modernization and upgrading are fostered so that the economy may play an active role in a globalized world.

Your Majesties,
Your Excellencies,
Your Highnesses,

Undertaking constructive initiatives to boost Arab structures requires, first, a determined effort to put an end to the occupation of Arab territories and to the colonial rule imposed on the Palestinian people, both practices being incompatible with democracy.

Because the achievement of peace means more to us than to anyone else, we must regain control of the Arab initiative and give it fresh impetus, within the framework of the guidelines set by the Beirut Summit, after many efforts and initiatives have failed. Along the same lines, we must do all we can to recover Arab legitimate rights and show resolve in pursuing our efforts to achieve a just, global and lasting peace, in keeping with international legality resolutions and the principle of land for peace. In addition, Palestinian unity needs to be enhanced and strengthened.

In this respect I call, once again, on influential international powers to devote all the attention needed to the Palestinian question, mainly by reactivating the road map and supporting goodwill initiatives. I urge them to use their good offices again to stop the spiral of violence and bring about conditions conducive to the resumption of negotiations. As Chairman of the Al-Quds Committee, I shall do everything I can to defend the right of the Palestinian people to establish an independent Palestinian State, with Al-Quds al-Sharif as its capital, living side by side with the State of Israel, in peace and concord.

I also wish to say that I am concerned about the current situation of the Iraqi people. However, I hope they will stay the course in order to run their own affairs and set up national, democratic institutions, which would safeguard the national unity and territorial integrity of their country, thereby making it possible, both for themselves and for all peoples of the region, to achieve progress and prosperity, in a free, safe and stable environment.

Perhaps the best thing this summit can do is send strong signals to let our peoples and the world at large know that we are reaffirming our basic choices, that reforms are under way and that they are of our own making. We should pledge to respect the course of action each nation chooses for itself, engage in dialogue with others, and ensure constructive interaction between the Islamic source of reference and the universal value system. We should also vow to remain committed to global security -- in its strategic, political, economic, cultural and human dimensions -- which safeguards the sovereignty, national unity and territorial integrity of each country. I wish to call for the adoption of a practical strategy to usher in a new era in inter-Arab relations, as well as in our ties with the outside world, and to enable our youth to be actively involved in the modern world and subscribe to values which are recognized as universal ideals. At the same time, we must fight backwardness, extremism and terrorism. I want, in this respect, to condemn, in the strongest terms, all forms of terrorism, which seek to undermine the comprehensive reforms we have initiated. The brutal nature of these acts only adds to my resolve to ensure strategic coordination with Morocco's neighbors and partners, as well as with the international community, to fight terrorist groups and networks and to uproot this scourge, by protecting the state and society via democracy, development, sound education and free, responsible media. [/COLOR]

It is also necessary to promote the spirit of citizenship in its modern sense, which hinges on acceptance of differences, tolerance and open-minded attitudes towards others. Such is the proper course to follow in order to rise to the challenges of our times. For my part, I am willing and determined to do my best to bring about such reforms, with the help of Almighty God, for it is to Him that we look for success.”

Going to Tunisia, with My Rachid
Arrival
Arrival, 2
Arab summit
Arab summit, 2
Cena de gala
Going home
Back home with My Rachid

:flower:

HM King calls for a national plan to improve child’s condition

RABAT, May 25 - HM King Mohammed VI has called for a national plan to improve the conditions of children in the Kingdom, saying he was “keen to see to it that children be provided with a democratic education.”

This came in a message to the tenth edition of the National Congress of the Child’s Rights that opened, here Tuesday, under the high patronage of the monarch.

In his message, read out on his behalf by his sister, HRH Princess Lalla Meryem, chairwoman of the National Observatory of the Child’s Rights” (ONDE), the sovereign said “We should encourage children to be firmly committed to good morals, to human ideals, and to the rights and obligations entailed by responsible citizenship. They should also be encouraged to take keen interest in the sound management of public affairs, based on tolerance, respect of other people’s views and total rejection of all forms of extremism, violence and abuse.”

The sovereign, who is “particularly keen to see to it that children are provided with a democratic education”, said “we should instil in our children the love of the homeland, of life in dignity and in a healthy environment. We must teach them to respect the rule of law and to support coexistence and constructive interaction with all human civilizations and with people of the revealed religions.” Our children, he went on, should be encouraged to uphold universal human rights, but remain faithful to their distinctive Moroccan identity, displaying an open, rational attitude towards the requirements of their times.”

HM the King’s message came as the country is celebrating the National Child Day, the commemoration of which was decided by his late Father, HM King Hassan II.

“Our goal is to make further achievements in support of the nation’s foremost wealth, namely our youth and skilled human resources,” HM the king said.

The Observatory which brings together all government authorities concerned as well as representatives of civil society, is, according to the monarch, “capable of rising to all challenges, and engaging in dedicated, constructive dialogue with a view to drawing up a national plan.”

“This plan should reflect my concern to improve the condition of the child, as well as the special care and affection I have for children”, HM King Mohammed VI said adding that this plan should be “ integrated in the global project for a modern, democratic society, which I am particularly keen to bring to fruition, as the embodiment of the aspirations of an entire nation.”

“Doing justice to women, protecting children’s rights, and preserving men’s dignity, through the new Family Code, which is meant to help build a closely-knit family unit, are basic components as well as key objectives of the project.”, the monarch noted.

Morocco, he went on, has made considerable progress in the area of child protection and promotion of children’s conditions.

After praising “the excellent programs” supervised by his sister, HRH Princess Lalla Meryem, the monarch urged all actors involved - government authorities, local communities, civil society, private sector and the media – “to show even greater mobilization and co-ordination of their efforts in order to improve the condition of children, as part of an integrated plan for the next decade.” Children, he insisted, “should fully enjoy their rights as citizens; hence the need to overcome such impediments as poverty, marginalization, illiteracy as well as serious and infectious diseases.” “Social services should be made available to our children, especially youngsters in difficult situations, and those living in marginalized neighbourhoods or rural areas.”

HM King Mohammed VI dedicates dam near Agadir

AIT MZAL Locality (near Agadir), May 27 – HM King Mohammed VI dedicated this Thursday afternoon in the rural locality of Ait Mzal, 65 km south of Agadir, the Ahl Souss dam, destined to supply drinking water to 35,000 inhabitant and irrigate around 280 hectares.

Launched in June 2000 by the sovereign, the dam construction works required 190 million Dh (US$ 21.1 million), allocated by the state’s general budget. It will also protect the neighboring Ait Baha center against floods.

With a reserve of a capacity of 5 million cubic meters, the facility comprises a central flood spillway with a maximum flow of 715 cubic meters/second and a bottom outlet capable of transiting a maximum flow of 24 cubic meters per second.

After unveiling the new dam commemorative plaque, the sovereign was briefed on the hydro-agricultural development project of the Ait Baha basin, in which a large portion of the new dam water will serve (1.26 million cubic meters a year) to irrigate farming land.

The program, to cost 9.10 million DH (around US$ 1.01 million) will develop water resources, improve the income of farmers and reduce rural exodus thanks to the significant job opportunities it will generate. It will also help diversify cultures, mainly orchards, vegetables and animal feed.

Other facilities, including 4km-long pipes and a water treatment plant, between the dam and the drinking water distribution reservoirs will also be carried out, at a cost of 60 million DH (US$ 6.6 million). A total of 136 hamlets will benefit from these facilities.

The project is set to meet the Ait Baha center needs by 2020, increase by 10% access to drinking water and promote the socio-economic development of the region, through the creation of 96,000 work days during construction and 22 permanent jobs for the operation of facilities.

King Mohammed VI
KM6 checking out dam

HM the King receives Chairman of Kuwait’s Council of Ministers

AGADIR (South of Morocco), May 28 – HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco received, here Friday, Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Jaber As-Sabah, chairman of Kuwait’s Council of Ministers (cabinet).

The audience was attended by the HM King’s adviser Mohamed Rochdi Chraibi.

After the audience with HM King Mohammed VI, Sheikh Sabah described, in a statement to the press, relations between Kuwait and Morocco as “excellent”, voicing hope that bilateral ties will further be consolidated.

He said he probed with HM King economic, political and social relations.

The Kuwaiti official arrived Sunday in Morocco coming from Tunisia where he represented the Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmad As-Sabah, in the 16th Arab summit.

I love KM6 robe

Last edited by a moderator:
HM King orders launching of 240Km-long highway in southern Morocco

AGADIR (southern Atlantic city), June 01 – HM King Mohammed VI gave instructions, here Tuesday, for the launching of the construction of a 240 Km-long highway, linking Marrakesh and Agadir (southern Morocco).

The sovereign gave these instructions at a work session on the development of the national highways network, held in the presence of prime minister Driss Jettou, royal advisor Abdelaziz Meziane Belfkih, interior minister Al Mustapha Sahel, finance and privatisation minister Fathallah Oualalou, and equipment and transport minister Karim Ghallab.

The highway construction will start in September 2005 and is expected to end in 2009. It is scheduled to cost 6.2 billion Dhs (US $688 million) to be partially financed by the Hassan II fund.

With this new Marrakesh-Agadir stretch, the highway network will extend over a thousand kilometres nationwide, from the port of Tangier in the southern bank of the Gibraltar strait, southward to Agadir.

The highway will break the isolation of the Moroccan southern region, the second tourist destination in the Kingdom, and provide the country with infrastructures that will help accelerate trade exchanges and investment flows between different regions of the country, which would contribute to the growth of economy.

Following the work session, HM the king presided a ceremony during which two conventions were signed.

Under the first convention between the equipment and transport ministry, the Moroccan highway company (ADM) and the Hassan II fund, the Fund will finance 1.5 billion Dhs (US $166 million) of this project, by participating in the Moroccan highway company (ADM) capital increase and through easy-terms and guaranteed loans of 4.7 billion DH (US$ 522 million). This will bring to 10.5 billion Dhs (US $1.66 billion) the fund’s commitment to various projects, mostly infrastructures, promotion of investments and social, cultural and sports projects.

The second agreement, signed between the State and the Moroccan Highways company (ADM), sets at 320 million Dhs (US $35.5 million) the state’s annual financial contribution to the company’s capital for the five coming years.

The state’s participation will cover needs of ADM’s own funds for the carrying out of highway projects, other than the Marrakesh-Agadir stretch.

Pic 1

Pic 2

from arabicnews.com

King Mohammed VI: Shared prosperity, globalization with a human face tributary of skilled labor training in countries of the South
Morocco-Regional, Politics, 6/7/2004

Morocco's King Mohammed VI stressed Sunday that "it would be unrealistic to speak of shared prosperity, solidarity and globalization with a human face" unless "priority is given to training skilled labor in the countries of the South, and unless substantial investments are made to help these countries in their development effort."

In a speech read out in his name by his brother, Prince Moulay Rachid, at the opening here Sunday of the 35th World Congress of the International Trade Chamber (ICC), the sovereign said the holding of this meeting is "a message of hope being sent to all nations which are keen to uphold the values of peace, equality, dignity, tolerance and solidarity."

For king Mohammed VI, "It is up the corporate sector, in particular, to give a human face to globalization, by seeking to foster sustainable co-development, better governance and a global economy based on solidarity. "In doing so, he went on, the corporate sector would confirm, at global level, the role companies play locally as socially responsible entities."

Lauding the progress made in respect of the law in international trade relations, the monarch said "there is still much to be done in the fight against poverty and exclusion, and in the endeavors to promote active, democratic participation of developing countries in decision-making within international financial institutions."

He recalled in this regard that Morocco, which is "strongly committed to the ideals of democracy, human rights, tolerance and peace, was one of the first developing countries to opt for the multi-party system and economic liberalism."

While giving strong impetus to the policy of openness and liberalization, "I have also sought to see that democratic mechanisms for a just distribution of wealth are developed," said the king.

Morocco is forging ahead, "confidently and resolutely, with its plan to shape a "united, modern and democratic nation," greatly encouraged by the increasing number of foreign companies" which, while making productive investments and displaying socially-motivated attitudes, "have assured us of their trust, are standing by us and joining us in the fight against ignorance, social exclusion and poverty," king Mohammed said.

"To achieve our objectives in this respect, we have launched a major reform of the education and training system, with a view to integrating our country in the knowledge and communication economy. It is our strategic weapon in the unflagging struggle we are waging against the scourges of ostracism, hatred and terrorism, wherever they may be."

"Morocco getting ready to reap benefits from the trade arrangements of the coming decade, he said, underlining that "the free trade agreements concluded with the European Union and the United States of America, as well as with our partners south of the Mediterranean, within the framework of the 2001 Agadir Declaration, will start bearing their fruit by 2010."

HM King Mohammed VI dedicates $2.5 Mln hospital near Marrakech

TAHANAOUTE (near Marrakech, Province El Haouz), June 07 – HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco dedicated, here Monday, a hospital that will improve health services extended to the local populations, especially in rural areas.

After unveiling the commemorative plaque, the sovereign toured the hospital facilities, built at a cost of 23 million DH (US$ 2.5 million). Extending over an area of 2.5 hectares, the hospital comprises emergency, radiology, maternity and pediatrics wards in addition to a surgery room and rooms for medical consultation and echography.

With a capacity of 50 beds, the Mohammed VI hospital will extend its services to the province population, estimated at 480,000 inhabitants.

picture

HM King Mohammed VI launches US 6.4 Mn-worth Avenue renovation in Marrakech

MARRAKESH, June 07 – HM King Mohammed VI launched, on Monday, the renovation works of the Mohammed VI Avenue in Marrakesh, that will cost 58 million DH (US $6.4 million).

Works on the 7.66 Km artery will be completed end of this year to become one of the city’s main ones.

The plan of renovation projects a 3.73 Km-long southward extension of the avenue, which will interlink the city’s major roads.

The avenue will cross the park of the olive grove Bab J’did to reach the road to the airport, and Amezmiz road that is being broadened part of the development of the future tourism zone “Chrifia”.

picture

The Minister’s Council chaired by HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco, approved a law project on audio-visual communication that is part of the reforms process initiated by the monarch.

HM King Mohammed VI appoints new Government members

MARRAKECH, June 8 – HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco appointed, here Tuesday, new members of the Government as part of a “technical ministerial readjustment ”, announced the spokesman for the palace, Hassan Aourid.

The cabinet readjustment aims at “adapting the structure and the composition of the Government to the priorities and programs that must be carried out by the Government, in conformity with the high orientations of HM the King”, said the spokesman.

The new government, the spokesman went on, was appointed upon “proposal of the Prime Minister, in accordance with article 24 of the constitution”.

The monarch appointed the following ministers :

- Mohand Laenser, Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Sea Fisheries,
- Habib El Malki, Minister of National Education, Higher Education, Staff training and Scientific Research,
-Adil Douiri, Minister of Tourism, Handicraft and Social Economy,
-Rachid Talbi El Alami, Minister delegate to the Prime Minister in charge of General and Economic Affairs,
-Abderrahim Harouchi, Minister of Social Development, Family and Solidarity,
-Mohamed Boussaid, Minister in charge of Modernizing Public Sectors,
-Salaheddine Mezouar, Minister of Industry, Commerce and Economy Upgrading,
-Mohamed Mohattane, Secretary of State to the Minister of Agriculture, Rural development and Sea Fisheries in charge of Rural Development,
-Anis Birou, Secretary of State to the Minister of national Education, Higher Education, Staff Training and Scientific Research in charge of Literacy and Non Formal Education

The new members of the Government were sworn in before HM the King.

The new Government lineup, including the Prime Minister and those who kept their portfolios, is made up of 35 members against 39 in the previous cabinet.

Besides the Prime Minister, it comprises 28 Ministers, including four newcomers, one former minister and a woman, and 6 secretaries of State also including a woman.

King of Bahrain in Morocco talks

AL HUSAIMA: His Majesty King Hamad held talks with King Mohammed of Morocco in Al Husaima yesterday.

They discussed brotherly ties, latest Arab developments and the G8 summit. Bahrain's working paper presented at the summit centred on supporting development and reform issues.

His Majesty joined King Mohammed in commissioning new infrastructure projects in areas hit by a recent earthquake in Al Husaima, north of Morocco.

King Mohammed thanked King Hamad for his contribution towards rehabilitation of devastated areas of Morocco.

HM King Mohammed VI launches construction of US $90.7 Mn-worth sport compound in Agadir
Publication date : 04/06/2004

HM King Mohammed VI launched, here Friday, construction works of a 817 million Dh-worth (US $90.7 million) sport compound in the southern Atlantic city of Agadir.

The stadium project, to be financed by the National Fund for Sports Development, will have a capacity of 45,000 seats, including 10,000 covered ones.

It will include a football ground, an eight-lane athletics track, in addition to an annexed training stadium with a six-lane athletics track.

The stadium of Agadir will be built according to the highest international standards and will be able to host high level international and national competitions.

It will have several facilities, in addition to the most advanced techniques, including audiovisual systems for sound distribution, communication equipment and two screens. The stadium was built in such a way as to secure the maximum safety for spectators who would be able to evacuate the place in a short time should any incident occur.

The stadium, located at 7 Km from the port of Agadir, comprises a parking lot of a capacity of 7,500 places for cars and 375 for buses. It will be adapted to the region's seismic conditions.

The project will be completed at the end of 2009. Construction works will generate 600,000 work days.

The project is part of the initiative aiming to develop sports infrastructures in the country and provide Agadir with the adequate sports facilities to complete its image as capital of the region.

Jewish Advisor to Morocco's King on "Palestinian Rights"
10:30 Jun 07, '04 / 18 Sivan 5764
from (IsraelNN.com

Andre Azoulai, an advisor to King Mohammed VI of Morocco, said last week that " as the Palestinians are denied their most basic rights, an essential part of my Judaism is in question."

Speaking on Tuesday, Azoulai addressed a conference entitled "The Culture of Peace in the Middle East" held at the fringes of the World Sacred Music Festival in Fez.

Azoulai told the audience that his aspirations for "justice and dignity" would only have meaning if his neighbor also enjoys justice and dignity. "[T]oday," the Moroccan royal advisor said, " my neighbor is, first of all, Palestinian...."

He went on to praise "the deepness of Moroccan Judaism and the strength of its conservative instinct" for inculcating him with the ideals he expressed at the conference. Azoulai furthermore called for recognizing the need to "preserve, by educating and informing the coming generations, the essence of the social, human and spiritual heritage that Moslems and Jews have cross-pollinated together in Morocco for centuries."

Moroccan king to visit five African countries

RABAT - HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco will pay, beginning Tuesday, “friendly and working” visits to Five African countries, announced, here Monday, the Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery.

With stops in Benin, Cameroon, Gabon, Niger and Senegal, the two-week tour will be the king's longest since he ascended the throne in 1999.

A government official said the trip underscored Morocco's "great interest" in the region and its wish to further its presence there even though Rabat is not a member of the African Union (AU).

Mohammed VI And Princess Salma News Thread: June 2004 - August 2004

Here's the new thread for King Mohammed VI and Princess Salma. The old thread is located here.

Link: Old Thread

KM6 is really busy MAP is not able to keep up with KM6, to translate to English.

Hope all projects go well.

HM King Mohammed VI kick-starts reconstruction of quake-stricken northeastern region

AL HOCEIMA, June 10 (MAP)- HM King Mohammed VI on Thursday launched the reconstruction program of the northeastern region of Al Hoceima which was jolted last February by a powerful quake that killed 600 people and left thousands of others homeless.

A budget of 2.6 billion Dirhams (US$ 297 million) was earmarked to carry out the emergency program, approved by HM King Mohammed VI, to help upgrade the province of Al-Hoceima and rebuild the whole Rif region.

In addition to road, ports and airports infrastructures, the program comprises housing projects to rebuild houses destroyed by the quake and new residential compounds. It seeks to break the isolation of the mountainous region, consolidate its productive sectors, promote rural development and environment-protection and improve social services extended to populations.

The sovereign had spelled out this program outlines in his speech to the nation on March 25 in which he instructed the government to conduct exhaustive ground studies, establish a geo-physical profile that identifies the constructions that were destroyed or sustained crackles and bring help to families in cities, villages and hamlets.

The sovereign had also ordered the creation of an urban agency for the two major cities of Al Hoceima and Nador to ensure the enforcement of the law of anti-seismic construction and fight against illegal building practices which entail heavy damages each time a natural catastrophe, like last February’s quake, happens.

HM the king reiterated on Thursday his instructions to the heads of the two cities’ urban agencies to see to the strict respect of these measures and called for involving the population in enforcing these laws.

The program’s first stages consist in supplying construction materials or financial help to populations whose houses were partially or totally destroyed by the quake. It also includes the building of residential compounds to relocate families.

picture
picture, 2
picture, 3

HM King launches health facilities, social projects in quake-stricken Al Hoceima

Al Hoceima (North east), June 11 – HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco on Friday launched several health facilities and social projects, part of reconstruction plan in the quake-stricken region of Al Hoceima.

The Northeastern region was hit last February by a tremor that killed 629 people and left hundreds others injured and homeless. The projects launched by HM the king in the region are part of a US$ 297 million emergency program to help reconstruct the province and rebuild the whole Rif region.

In order to meet the needs of the population and consolidate the decentralization policy in the health sector, the sovereign inaugurated a 10.37 million Dhs (US $1.15 million) radiology center in Hospital Mohammed V and launched the construction of a training institute for paramedics cadres as well as a rehabilitation center.

He also launched the construction of a training institute for health staff and a center for disabled persons.

Besides, the sovereign launched in Ait Kamra (region of Al Hoceima) the construction of health facilities worth 4.55 million Dhs (US $505,000) that are aimed at facilitating the population’s access to care centers and reducing the rate of infant and mother mortality in the region.

As for social projects, HM the king presided the signing of a convention in relation to a literacy program that will benefit to 10,000 women. The program, to cost 5 million Dhs (US $555,000), will be funded by Mohammed V Foundation for Solidarity.

The monarch also launched in Imzouren (province of Al Hoceima) other social projects that will benefit to rural women and young people in the region.

HM the king had issued instructions for Foundation Mohammed V for solidarity to assess with local associations the needs of the population in Al Hoceima province and identify projects that could benefit to the impoverished populations.

picture
picture, 2
picture, 3
picture, 4

HM King Mohammed VI Holds talks with HM King Ben Issa Al Khalifa of Bahrain

HM King Mohammed VI held talks here Saturday with HM King Hamad Ben Issa Al Khalifa of Bahrain, who had started Thursday a private visit to the kingdom.

The Bahraini sovereign was greeted, upon arrival at the Charif Al Idrissi airport, by several top officials including interior minister, Mustapha Sahel.

picture

HM King Mohammed VI launches Mediterranean by-pass grounding works, youths compounds construction

ROUADI (near Al-Hoceima), June 12 - HM King Mohammed VI, accompanied by HM King Hamad Ben Aissa Al Khalifa of Bahrain, launched here Saturday grounding works of a 103 km section of the Mediterranean by-pass, linking El Jebha and Ajdir, which will take 56 will take around 4 years and a half.

The Mediterranean by-pass will link northern Tangiers to north-eastern Saidia (near Oujda), via 7 ports, 9 fisheries hubs and 54 tourism resorts.

The road, to cost 1.3 billion Dirhams (around US$ 13 million), is financed by the European Commission, in the framework of the program MEDA I-Morocco.

The project will open up several rural areas, difficultly accessible before, and create thousands of jobs. It will cross main cities of Tetouan, Chefchaouen, Al-Hoceima, Nador and Berkane, in addition to 40 local communes.

HM King Hamad Ben Aissa Al Khalifa, who earlier had tête-à-tête talks with HM king Mohammed VI, winded up his private visit to Morocco following the dedication ceremony.

The sovereign later launched the foundation stone of two youths centers in Al-Hoceima and the nearby commune of Bouayach, worth five million dirhams (US$ 500,000) and two million dirhams (US$ 200,000) respectively.

The first compound, based in Al Hoceima’s Institute of applied technologies, covers some 4400 m² while the second covers a 3,500 m² surface.

The projects, which comprise multi-purpose facilities, computer rooms, and sports grounds, are meant to help develop the cultural and sport aptitudes of the region’s young people.

The dedication ceremonies were attended by several officials and executives.

picture
picture, 2
Nice sunglasses

:flower:

COTONOU, BENIN: King Mohammed VI of Morocco ® is greeted by President of Benin Mathieu Kerekou 15 June 2004 upon his arrival at Cotonou airport. Mohammed VI arrived in Benin at the start of a tour of five west African states aimed at boosting Rabat's influence and promoting cooperation. The two-week trip, which will also take Mohammed VI to Cameroon, Gabon, Niger and Senegal, is also aimed at easing tensions over the disputed Western Sahara territory, which was annexed by Morocco in 1975. AFP PHOTO ISSOUF SANOGO (Photo credit should read ISSOUF SANOGO/AFP/Getty Images)

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50962812...9C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50962822...9C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50962841...9C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50963060...9C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50963058...9C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50962853...9C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50963058...9C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50962877...9C30E9B9B114CE8

PORTO-NOVO, BENIN: King Mohammed VI of Morocco greets the crowd after having visited 16 June 2004 the new supreme court in Porto-Novo, political and administrative capital, on the second day of his 48-hour visit in Benin. Mohammed VI arrived in Benin at the start of a tour of five west African states aimed at boosting Rabat's influence and promoting cooperation. The two-week trip, which will also take Mohammed VI to Cameroon, Gabon, Niger and Senegal, is also aimed at easing tensions over the disputed Western Sahara territory, which was annexed by Morocco in 1975

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50965883...9C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50965897...9C30E9B9B114CE8

PORTO-NOVO, BENIN: King Mohammed VI of Morocco plants a tree as prefect of Porto-Novo Felix Zanfongnon ® bends down and minister Bruno Amoussou (C-with glasses) looks on, 16 June 2004 in front of the new supreme court in Porto-Novo, a political and administrative capital, on the second day of his 48-hour visit in Benin.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50965960...9C30E9B9B114CE8

PORTO-NOVO, BENIN: Luc Gnancadja ®, Benin's environment and urbanisme minister gives explanations to King Mohammed VI of Morocco (L) 16 June 2004 in front of the new supreme court in Porto-Novo, a political and administrative capital, on the second day of his 48-hour visit in Benin.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50966023...9C30E9B9B114CE8

PORTO-NOVO, BENIN: King Mohammed VI of Morocco ® shakes hands with Porto-Novo's wise man Salomon Biokou, 16 June 2004 during a visit of the new supreme court in Porto-Novo, a political and administrative capital, on the second day of his 48-hour visit in Benin.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50966095...9C30E9B9B114CE8

YAOUNDE, CAMEROON: Moroccan King Mohammed VI (C-L) is welcomed at Yaounde airport by members of the Moroccan community in Cameroon, 16 June 2004.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50967723...9C30E9B9B114CE8

CAMEROON-MOROCCO-MOHAMMED VI
Moroccan King Mohammed VI (C-L) is welcomed at Yaounde airport by Cameroonian President Paul Biya 16 June 2004. King Mohammed VI is on the second leg of a five-nation tour aimed at raising the north African country's profile in sub-Saharan Africa.

http://aapimage.com/fotoweb/bin/preview.dl...576B2E081D5A273

YAOUNDE, CAMEROON: Moroccan King Mohammed VI (L) is welcomed at Yaounde airport by Cameroonian President Paul Biya 16 June 2004. King Mohammed VI is on the second leg of a five-nation tour aimed at raising the north African country's profile in sub-Saharan Africa

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50967838...9C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50967834...9C30E9B9B114CE8

LIBREVILLE, GABON: King Mohammed VI of Morocco © and Gabonese President Omar Bongo ® wave to wellwishers upon his arrival at Leon Mba airport, outside Libreville, 18 June 2004 . Mohammed VI arrived in Gabon on the third leg of a two-week tour of sub-Saharan states aimed at boosting economic and political ties between the region and the north African kingdom.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50974423...9C30E9B9B114CE8

LIBREVILLE, GABON: King Mohammed VI of Morocco (L) is flanked by Gabonese First Lady Edith Lucie Bongo and Gabonese President Omar Bongo upon his arrival at Leon Mba airport, outside Libreville, 18 June 2004 . Mohammed VI arrived in Gabon on the third leg of a two-week tour of sub-Saharan states aimed at boosting economic and political ties between the region and the north African kingdom.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50974433...9C30E9B9B114CE8

LIBREVILLE, GABON: King Mohammed VI of Morocco ® waves to wellwishers upon his arrival at Leon Mba airport, outside Libreville, 18 June 2004 . Mohammed VI arrived in Gabon on the third leg of a two-week tour of sub-Saharan states aimed at boosting economic and political ties between the region and the north African kingdom.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50974452...9C30E9B9B114CE8

LIBREVILLE, GABON: King Mohammed VI of Morocco (L) and Gabonese President Omar Bongo ® are about to step into the limousine in front of cheering wellwishers upon his arrival at Leon Mba airport, outside Libreville, 18 June 2004 . Mohammed VI arrived in Gabon on the third leg of a two-week tour of sub-Saharan states aimed at boosting economic and political ties between the region and the north African kingdom

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50974479...9C30E9B9B114CE8

KM6 is doing very good job on his African tour. He looks very relaxed and natural, at the same time very concentrated. He natured a lot, since he became the king. It is five years now. I wonder if he is going to make it on his brother birthday. :heart:

HM King Mohammed VI receives a delegation of the Islamic Union of Benin

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...lam-benin-8.jpg

HM King visits the supreme Court in Oporto Novo

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200.../cour-sup-8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...ges/arbre-8.jpg

HM King Mohammed VI left, Wednesday afternoon, Cotonou bound for Cameroun
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...alut-kere-8.jpg

HM King Mohammed VI praises Cameroon’s giant steps to development and progress

YAOUNDE, June 18 - HM King Mohammed VI hailed the giant steps made by Cameroon on its way to development and progress, at the end of his visit to the African country this June 16-18.

In a message of thanks sent to Cameroon’s president, Paul Biya, the sovereign writes “I seize this opportunity to praise the giant steps made by brother Cameroon, under your wise leadership on the path of development and progress”, and reiterated “resolve to raise, in concert with your excellency cooperation relations between our relations to the level of a solidarity, strategic, vibrant and mutually-profitable partnership.”

The royal message further voices appreciation for the contents of talks held on Thursday between the two African heads of state and for Biya’s “enlightened vision” on topical issues, African questions and perspectives of the African development.

The sovereign, who paid a “working and friendship visit” to Cameroon, second leg of a five nation-African tour that took him previously to Benin, also voices gratefulness to the red-welcome he was given in Yaounde.

After Cameroon, the sovereign’s trip features Gabon, Niger and Senegal.

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...s/acclame-8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...ive-yaoun-8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...-accolade-8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...er-atable-8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...er-cordon-8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...r-mme-bia-8.jpg

The reforms of Family law is a historical turning in the evolution of the Moroccan history

The participants in Hamburg, underlined the highly significant range of the reform of the family law. They also highlighted the importance of the speech made by HM King Mohammed VI in front of the Parliament on the reform of Moudouana, which constitutes a historical turning in the evolution of the Morocco.

In the opening speech, Mrs. Dounia Korchi, person in charge for an association of Moroccans in Hamburg, recalled that this reform, which are a starting point of the principles of the Islamic religion, devotes the equality, equity and solidarity within the family structure.

The lecturer quoted the principal innovations of the family law in particular those concerning the marriage, the divorce or the conditions imposed on polygamy in line with the International Law.
Mrs. Korchi, which recalled that the text of law relating to this reform had been adopted unanimously by the Parliament, stressed that this new code aroused the interest of the persons in charge, the civil companies and the foreign media.

The conditions of implementation of the new family law were discussed broad on behalf of the assistance, which invited to increase information and sensitizing for better making known the new provisions of the reform.

Many were those which stressed the major range of the new code, "which provides the foundations of a family where prevail the principles of justice and equality between the husbands, safety for the children and solidarity between all its members".

Thursday, July 8

President Bush meets with King Mohamed VI of Morocco, at the White House.

Originally posted by gusto@Jul 5th, 2004 - 6:43 pm
i doud it. white house never invites wifes for working meetings.
When he went in washigton in 2000, lalla Meryem went with him, there are lot of pictures of them with Bill and Hillary Clinton

HM King Mohammed VI arrived in Washington

Washington, 07/07/04 - HM King Mohammed VI arrived Wednesday (18h06 HL, 22h06 GMT) to Washington, for a working visit in the United States.

All the best to HM on his US visit. :flower:

I praise King Mohammed for modernization of women and children law. Do other women from arab countries want to have similar law?

TANGIER (northern Morocco), July 15 – HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco received, here Wednesday, Spanish defense minister, José Bono Martinez. The Spanish minister was accompanied by chief of staff for the defense, Felix Sanz Boldan. Relations between Spain and Morocco were given a fresh impetus since a visit, last April, of the Spanish Prime Minister to Morocco in the wake of his election.

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...e_sm_150704.htm

Morocco’s GDP rose by 5.2% in 2003

Morocco’s Gross domestic product( GDP) posted a 5.2% rise in 2003, against 3.2% in 2002, according to the annual report of Morocco’s central bank, presented to HM king Mohammed VI Friday by the bank’ governor, Abdellatif Jouahri.

The non-farm share of the rise was of 4.4%, with 348.2 billion Dirhams, while farm-GDP rose by 9.8%, to reach 70.4 billions.

According to Bank Al Maghrib, “the year 2003 was characterized by a marked recovery connected with the easing of the international political tensions, the strength of the capital markets and the recovery of their performances, as well as by the downward adjustment of the exchange rate for the dollar against the euro.”

“Growth speeded up from 3.2% in 2002 to 5.2% in 2003, with an increase of 18% in the value added of primary activities and of 3.2% in that of other sectors. However, while inflation was kept under control, having amounted to only 1.2%, the employment situation worsened slightly, with the unemployment rate reaching 11.9%. Thanks to the privatization receipts, the budget deficit was reduced, while still remaining slightly above the target of 3% of GDP set by Finance Act,” Bank Al Maghrib said.

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...lmaghrib_g8.jpg

Northern city of Nador to be linked by $250 million railway

NADOR,(Northeastern Morocco) July 20 - The Northeastern city of Nador will be linked for the first time by a railway under a US$ 250 million convention signed, here Tuesday, in presence of HM King Mohammed VI.

The 117 km-long railway will link the city of Taourirt (east) to Nador.

The Hassan II Fund for economic and social development will contribute 900 million Dhs ($100 million) and the government 960 millions to the project’s infrastructure. Machinery and equipment will be provided by the railway office (ONCF).

The project is part of the strategy aiming at ensuring a balanced and integrated development of the northeastern region of the Kingdom, according to the Government.

The railway will also link the port of Beni Enzar (on the border with the Spanish enclave of Melillia) to the national railway network. This will constitute a qualitative improvement in the diversification of international exchanges since it will open up the eastern and centre region on the Mediterranean.

The project, in addition to other important ongoing projects, will also contribute to boosting social and economic activities in the north of the country.

The new railway is expected to be operational by the end of 2007.

With this new project the contributions of the Hassan II Fund for Economic and Social Development in development projects reach 11.5 billion Dhs (1.2 billion dollars).

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...nador200704.htm

Sale, near Rabat 23/07/04 - HM King Mohammed VI, Amir Al Mouminine, proceeded the installation of the first stone for construction with district Al Inbiaât in Salé of a mosque that the Sovereign baptized "Mosque Al Birr".

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...que8_230704.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...ale8_230704.jpg

Sale, 23/07/04 - At the end of the Prayer of Friday achieved by HM King Mohammed VI, Amir Al Mouminine, Mosque Al Aâdham in Salé, the Sovereign carried out the handing-over of the Price Mohammed VI 2004 of the coranic schools.

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...ix_alpha_g8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...ix_coran_g8.jpg

Rabat, 22/07/04 - HM King Mohammed VI received Thursday, in the Royal Palate of in Rabat, the secretary of the general popular committee of the relations foreign and the international co-operation of Jamahiriya Libyan woman, Mr. Abderrahmane Cholghom.

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...es/libyen-8.jpg

Rabat, 22/07/04 - HM King Mohammed VI, accompanied by HRH Prince Moulay Rachid, proceeded, Thursday with the Royal Palate in Rabat the nomination of several walis and governors of prefectures and provinces of the Kingdom.

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...ns_22_07_04.htm

Rabat, 22/07/04 - HM King Mohammed VI, accompanied by HRH Prince Moulay Rachid, chaired, Thursday in district Yaâcoub El Mansour in Rabat, the ceremony of presentation of the national Programme of fight against the unhealthy habitat in the towns of Rabat, Salé and Témara

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...g-habitat-8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...habitat-1-8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...habitat-2-8.jpg

Casablanca, 24/07/04 - HM King Mohammed VI inaugurated, Saturday in Sidi Maârouf, in the prefecture of district of Aïn Chock, the first section of the project of habitat Al-Moustakbal, which lies within the scope of the promotion of the social habitat and the habitat at low cost, initiated by the private sector, and chaired the ceremony of handing-over of the keys the first recipients.

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...ostaqbal_g8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...staqbal_g_8.jpg

Casablanca, 24/07/04 - HM King Mohammed VI proceeded, Saturday in Nouaceur, the launching of the initial work of the project of habitat "Year-Nakhil", which lies within the scope of the foreground program of eradication of the unhealthy habitat in the wilaya of Large Casablanca

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...nakhil_2_g8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200..._nouacer_g8.jpg

Casablanca, 24/07/04 - HM King Mohammed VI proceeded, Saturday in Hay Attacharouk de Sidi Moumen, in Casablanca, the inauguration of the first part of the third section of the project of habitat of the programme of rehousing of the inhabitants of the shantytowns of Ben Me Sik and with the handing-over of the keys with certain recipients

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...attachar_g8.jpg
http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...harouk_2_g8.jpg

KM6is getting better and better every day. He knows what he is doing. I love the idea of building those mosques in lower-income areas; it will help prevent illegal preaching. I love to see him working with his brother Prince My Rachid. I just love those two brothers. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have some info on Hassan Fund? They do support many good projects. Where are money coming from? Do they have any north-American account? I cannot find anything on web; maybe I should do searching in French.

TETUAN, July 26 - HM King Mohammed VI, Supreme Commander of the Royal Armed Forces, appointed, here Monday, lieutenant-general Abdelaziz Bennani, chief inspector of the Royal Armed Forces (FAR).
During the audience, the Moroccan sovereign gave instructions to General Benanni to lead a proximity action through field inspections, and visits to military units.
General Bennani will remain in the top command of southern areas until the sovereign appoints a new person in this post.
HM the King also received General Abdelhak Kadiri to whom he extended the Wissam Al Arch, the highest distinction in Morocco.

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/Act_Royales_200...diri_260704.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom