General news and Questions about Princess Lalla Salma and her family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anyone knows if there is any picture for lalla salma's maternal sister ? I am curious to know how her sister looks like

there is a picture of her a few years ago attending a charity dinner with Lalla Salma i'll try to find the photo.
she looks like Lalla Salma by the way.

Mademoiselle Lilo said:
she is the one with the black caftan in the second photo,this is the photo i was talking about above not sure if the woman in the first photo is her.

here another photo of Lalla Salma sisternthe woman in the right in the red caftan
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1289/dwf15260067.jpg

interesting ! I never thought the lady in red caftan could be her sister ... is she the same one as the lady on black caftan in the previous pic ? also is this her father between the king and his brother ? I've only knew that the old lady is her grandmother who brought her up .. is it right ?

What´s the name of her sister? has Salma more sisters or brothers?

salma said:

yes she do have half sisters and half brothers too ... I've seen one of her half sisters's pic here in the old posts .. forgot her name .. she is young

interesting ! I never thought the lady in red caftan could be her sister ... is she the same one as the lady on black caftan in the previous pic ? also is this her father between the king and his brother ? I've only knew that the old lady is her grandmother who brought her up .. is it right ?
yes that's her sister in the black caftan.
and yes that's her father between Moulay Rachid and the King.

cant remember her name i just know that she is a doctor.
Lalla Salma has 3 other sisters from her father's second marriage.

Mademoiselle Lilo said:
yes that's her sister in the black caftan.
and yes that's her father between Moulay Rachid and the King.

cant remember her name i just know that she is a doctor.
Lalla Salma has 3 other sisters from her father's second marriage.

thanks for the info :) I have always been seeing this pic but never realized that her father and sister are in the pic .
in this pic her sister doesn't look like lalla salma as much as the previous pic

Her sister's name is Meriem, she's a doctor :) she has 3 other sisters (half sisters) one of the them, her name is Kenza (I'm not sure)

I remember now that her name is Meriem I think Iread that in Magazine.
thanks Kaoutar:flowers:

as i saw a photo of her couple of years ago my guess Kenza is the youngest sister,but i wonder how old the two other sisters?
i know that one of them is married as i read about her marriage once.

July 2011/B]
As said here members of Lalla Salma family watching "Festival Du Rire" i can see her father in white T-shirt but if someone can identify the others that should be great,the girls are Lalla Salma sisters?
First Photo ++ Second Photo

Last edited:
:previous:
well the man with glasses whos setting the woman in Brown sweater that's Abdhamid Bennani Lalla Salma's father.

i said white: T-shirt or polo shirt no big different you could focus on the "white" and avoid me the embarrassment:D

July 2011/B]
As said here members of Lalla Salma family watching "Festival Du Rire" i can see her father in white T-shirt but if someone can identify the others that should be great,the girls are Lalla Salma sisters?
First Photo ++ Second Photo

Wow mademoiselle lillo thank u for sharing this ! i must say this is one of the rare pictures of lalla salma's family!! i am very curious to know the rest of the people in the picture . i think the lady next to her father is lalla salama's step mother ? "just guessing" and the girl smiling behind them is her step sister ?

lovely pics thank you M.Lilo.
I ca see Lalla Salma Father and her mother in law and her Three sisters.

Lalla Salma uncle passed away,Professor Mohammed Bensouda he work with her at her association he is member of The Scientific Council and both were close,here picture of him and we can see him standing next to Lalla Salma in the article photo too:
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2r3fqes.jpg
Goud l

Lalla Salma uncle passed away,Professor Mohammed Bensouda he work with her at her association he is member of The Scientific Council and both were close,here picture of him and we can see him standing next to Lalla Salma in the article photo too:
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2r3fqes.jpg
Goud l

my condolences to lalla salma ddc94 it must be hard for her as he is her mother's brother. does she have more uncles, or is he the only one?

:previous:
unfortunately there is only few information about Lalla Salma family,but as far as i know Mr Bensouda is not her only unlce she also have 2 aunts one of theme got large media cover a couple of years ago when her house get robbed.

this so bad news to hear;Lalla salma seems close to all her family and the fact that the late uncle was working colse with her that may makes his death more diffecult.
my condolences to Lalla salma and the whole family

I think that HRH Salma is a very beautiful woman inside and out, from what one can gather. As to comments about her "homeliness" in her younger days, as an educated woman myself, I would venture to say that she had many studies to attend to (and rather analytical ones at that) which would take presidence over primping and preening, etc. For a woman to capture His Royal Highness's attention and hold that attention, one would need something other than mere outer appearances to go on.

Great pic thanks for posting.
I believe that Lalla salma father has moved from Fez to Casablanca and lives there.

Um. Question? And sorry if this is the wrong thread, why is it that she is married to a King but her title is Princess? Why is she not a Queen? Did I miss something?

Um. Question? And sorry if this is the wrong thread, why is it that she is married to a King but her title is Princess? Why is she not a Queen? Did I miss something?

She's the first Moroccan Consort to receive a title, that's probably why she's not titled Queen.

For instance Mohammed's mother is simply Lalla Latifa.

Last edited:

Morocco has a very different tradition and culture than European royal families, e.g before Lalla Salma it was a custom that the king took multiple wives and most of the women were unknown & not publicly shown.
Lalla Salma is the first "public wife" of a Moroccan monarch, in Wikipedia they write that she is "the first wife of a Moroccan ruler to have been publicly acknowledged and given a royal title."

Back
Top Bottom