General news and Questions about Princess Lalla Salma and her family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i only heard that her step mom didn't want her to live with them that's why she stayed with her grandmother

Well she certainly got her wish. What's up w/ Salma's mom.

Reina said:
Well she certainly got her wish. What's up w/ Salma's mom.

She died when princess lalla selma was 3 years old ...

Who said that the Indigeonous Moroccan's The Berbers weren't Black?!

A quick responce to Monalisa's Message. The Berbers of Morocco are Black and the Berbers who are lighter skinned are either Black (but are lighter complexioned) or are or mixed heritage hence lighter skin in certain cases. Your statement was offensive, I myself am of Berber descent and one suggests that if you had researched the ancient Berbers History, One would have found like the Ancient Coptic Egptians they were Black and had not the light complexion of their Euroean counterparts unless aforementioned exceptions applied. ie Cleopatra was half Ancient coptic Egyptian and Greek but she was lighter complexioned.

Last edited:
Roshanah said:
A quick responce to Monalisa's Message. The Berbers of Morocco are Black and the Berbers who are lighter skinned are either Black (but are lighter complexioned) or are or mixed heritage hence lighter skin in certain cases. Your statement was offensive, I myself am of Berber descent and one suggests that if you had researched the ancient Berbers History, One would have found like the Ancient Coptic Egptians they were Black and had not the light complexion of their Euroean counterparts unless aforementioned exceptions applied. ie Cleopatra was half Ancient coptic Egyptian and Greek but she was lighter complexioned.

I am Berber, and I can said you that the Berber have white skin, in the south they are Berber with darker skin because they are marriage with blak of blak Africa
for me it isn't important, white or black, we are all Berber

sabiha said:
I am Berber, and I can said you that the Berber have white skin, in the south they are Berber with darker skin because they are marriage with blak of blak Africa
for me it isn't important, white or black, we are all Berber

Dear Sabiha, I agree with you whole heartedly. My objection was to when Monalisa disputed the fact that King Muhammad VI was half Berber. She said that his Mother was a half Black slave as she put it. Hence I mentioned what I did. Of course it matters not whether a Berber is either light or dark complexioned. Furthermore, her remark intimated that a Berber could only be white skinned. For those of us of Berber descent including your and Myself, a person whom diffrenciates between who is o is not Berber is offensive. I've never had to argue the point before because, as you said it is of no impotance the semantics but when Monalisa said what she did it Infuriated me. We are all of African origin, so why dispute the level of legitimacy. :O)

Hello,how KM and lalla salma meet each other?how they fall in love?had the king talked about their love story?was him involved with another woman before salma?
Thank you (sorry for my english)

florecita, el mundo said he had girlfriends and one of them was brazilian.
web translation of a part of the text
"Like everybody, Salma knew that for the King everything was facilities with the girls. To Mohamed VI organized a pair to him of celebrations per week. And there where they were always celebrated there was a corner for the privacy of the monarch with its companion. Moroccan, brown a girl and costumary liberal was during a time the habitual pair of the king. Also much with handsome a Brazilian was seen him".

http://www.elmundo.es/cronica/2005/484/1106434813.html

Oh thank you zineb,i didnt know if he was having girlfriends before,i know now :)i think that he truly love salma ,she very simple i think her background,her mother died ect..there were a lot woman around him but maybe not with charm and simplicity of salma..:)

florecita said:
How many language speak Princes Salma?Somebody know? :)

She is said to speak english, and of course arabic and french.

Did not know that lalla salma had a sister. I thought she was an only child.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, she has a sister, and also something like three stepbrothers and sisters (but I don't think she really know them, she doesn't have a particular relationship with them), since her father remarried after salma's mother death.

clymène said:
No, she has a sister, and also something like three stepbrothers and sisters (but I don't think she really know them, she doesn't have a particular relationship with them), since her father remarried after salma's mother death.

I think it is sad that her father did not take her and her sister with him to his new marriage; instead leaving her with her grandmother. Why does she not have relationship with her step siblings??

clymène said:
i want to correct your information clymène.salma has 3 stepsisters,she don't have any brother,i've read it in tel quel N° 22.:)

kaoutar said:
ya!! she looks like lalla salma, but her hair maybe are black, as you can see in this picture, she's the first on the right

Thank you for the photo. Her sister is also very pretty.

The sister who is in the picture is her half sister.

Joumana said:
The sister who is in the picture is her half sister.
no, she's her maternel sister who was living with her, and their grand mother in rabat! I just forget her name, she's a doctor, and she's married before that lalla salma marry the king;)

Questions about Princess Lalla Salma and her family

I would like to open a new thread about salma's family, to share info about thempersonally, for what I read, her father was a university professor in the superior school of fes, his name is abdelhamidshe has a sister, who is doctor (gastro-enterologue), in Ibn Sina hospital of Rabatshe has alos 3 half sisters, one of them is student in architecture in rabatsalma's mother name is naima bensouda, she was alos from fes, and she died in 1981, I don't know if she worked or no, but I know that she was a cousin of a king's friend, who studied with him in the royal college</p>

Salma's cousin is Noureddine Bensouda, now Directeur Général des Impots. They meet thanks to him.

Salma's cousin is Noureddine Bensouda, now Directeur Général des Impots. They meet thanks to him.
yes, he is written in the book "the last king" of JP Tuquoi..... that when people of the Royal Palace knew what the book revealed (rumours on the intimate life of the king).....the King required of his close relations colleagues and entourages to introduce to him young women..... several young women were received by him (but by his colleagues in first steps)... among them Salma Bennani via her cousin (near to the King), Salma's family coming from the Moroccan upper middle classes (contrary to the generally accepted ideas) which formed already part of the entourage of the Royal Palace

yes, he is written in the book "the last king" of JP Tuquoi..... that when people of the Royal Palace knew what the book revealed (rumours on the intimate life of the king).....the King required of his close relations colleagues and entourages to introduce to him young women..... several young women were received by him (but by his colleagues in first steps)... among them Salma Bennani via her cousin (near to the King), Salma's family coming from the Moroccan upper middle classes (contrary to the generally accepted ideas) which formed already part of the entourage of the Royal Palace

The mistake come from the differences between her "2 families". Her mother's family comes from the upper middle class (doctor, pharmacist, ...) but her father's family comes from a "lower" middle class : her father is teacher but her grand-father was a blacksmith in Fez.

oh :ohmy: does that means salma went to meet the king (prince that time) in the hope to be selected as a future wife? :blink:

oh :ohmy: does that means salma went to meet the king (prince that time) in the hope to be selected as a future wife? :blink:

they did the same thing in belgium too. i've heard that in an intervieuw last weekend..so it happens quite often.

YES SHE DID among some other girls of the same medium had interviews exactly as for a job.
For a long time a minister daughter's was "favorie"=preferred (people said she was very beautiful) but finallly Salma Bennani was chosen

Last edited:
Salma doesn't come from upper middle class, she comes from a very modest family from lower middle class, her father is retired and was a teacher of a primary school in Fez,not of university!and she used to live in a very modest area in Rabat called "lakbibat" between "l'ocean" and "yakoubalmansour".

She met the king thanks to her brillant studies and was invited to the palace among many girls who made good studies and who have good career,from modest and wealty families.

Salma doesn't come from upper middle class, she comes from a very modest family from lower middle class, her father is retired and was a teacher of a primary school in Fez,not of university!and she used to live in a very modest area in Rabat called "lakbibat" between "l'ocean" and "yakoubalmansour".

She met the king thanks to her brillant studies and was invited to the palace among many girls who made good studies and who have good career,from modest and wealty families.

no, TAMI, her father is a university professor in the high shool of fez (as said it rosa), read that on the official site of the french presidence (elysee)her is the linkhttp://www.elysee.fr/elysee/elysee.fr/ressources_documentaires/afrique_du_nord/maroc/maroc_son_altesse_royale_la_princesse_salma.6319.html
I read also in Paris Match that she met the king in a private dinner, not among brillant student

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom