Foundation Lalla Salma: Prevention and Treatment of Cancers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for this information, Mademoiselle Lilo. I did not know this, and it is understandable that Lalla Salma has such passion for cancer research and treatment.

for those who have an account on facebook, there is a group of Lalla Salma association. :)

visit to the Oncology Center at the Casablanca university hospital of Ibn Rochd.
http://i42.tinypic.com/3500ztd.jpg

uicc | international union against cancer - "Today's children, tomorrow's world" launched
...Former United States First Lady Barbara Bush, Her Royal Highness Lalla Salma of Morocco, international tennis star Steffi Graf, and Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo are among those lending their voices to the World Cancer Campaign 2007-2012, with encouragement for those touched by cancer. (voices.uicc.org)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Lalla Salma chairs working session on paediatric oncology in Morocco
Rabat, Feb. 3, 2009 (MAP) - Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of King Mohammed VI, chaired, Tuesday at the children's hospital in Rabat, a working session on paediatric oncology in Morocco....MAP
pic: http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb61/caramilla_2007/SAR_oncologie_g.jpg?t=1233744705
thanks shrifia , the princess looks lovely ; i like the colore she is wearing :flowers: but i think she is losing weight :rolleyes:?

uicc | international union against cancer - "Today's children, tomorrow's world" launched
...Former United States First Lady Barbara Bush, Her Royal Highness Lalla Salma of Morocco, international tennis star Steffi Graf, and Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo are among those lending their voices to the World Cancer Campaign 2007-2012, with encouragement for those touched by cancer. (voices.uicc.org)...
that's a nice slogan. it's also nice to see steffi graf joining the former US first lady and support the international union against cancer. i hope to see a moroccan celebrity or athlete join salma and bring his or her voice into campaigns like this. this will show that there are other ppl involved in a good cause than just a princess.

Lalla Salma word as As UICC Special Representative 2007-2012
UICC | World Cancer Campaign - hrh princess lalla salma of morocco accepts role as uicc special representative
Her Royal Highness, Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of His Majesty King Mohammed VI of Morocco and President of the Lalla Salma Association Against Cancer, announced her support for the global prevention campaign "Today's children, tomorrow's world" of the International Union Against Cancer (UICC). As UICC Special Representative and the WHO Goodwill Ambassador for the promotion of prevention and cancer care, she considers the fight against cancer as "a school of humility and a determination of collective solidarity". "The fight against cancer must be given the urgency and the importance that it merits - and, now."....

ALSC gives donations to two associations
Rabat, Feb.20, 2009 (MAP) - The Lalla Salma Association Against Cancer (ALSC) gave on Friday donations to two associations "Agir" and "Avenir," upon instructions of Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of ALSC....MAP

Maghreb Arabe Presse: SAR la Princesse Lalla Salma visite le Centre d'hémato-oncologie pédiatrique de Casablanca
Casablanca-SAR Princess Lalla Salma, President of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight against Cancer (ALSC), which was accompanied by Mrs. Bernadette Chirac, President of the "Hôpitaux de Paris, Hôpitaux de France'', conducted Monday a visit to the Center of Hematology and Oncology Pediatric the Ho? pital 20 August under the CHU Ibn Rushd of Casablanca.
photo: http://s5.tinypic.com/20roj02.jpg

princess salma visited the children`s cancer hospital with the the former french first lady today.. she looked adorable in that grey suite, but i think that our princess is pregnant. There was a bulge in the grey pant suite... has anyone heard anything about this?

:previous: i saw her on TV too and she looks great, i don't think she is pregnant there is no reference of that on her body:)
by the way welcome to the forum queen victoria:flowers:

english article: Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma visits Hematology and Pediatric Oncology center in Casablanca
Casablanca - Princess Lalla Salma, Chairwoman of the Lalla Salma Association for the Fight against Cancer, accompanied by Bernadette Chirac, President of the Fondation "Hôpitaux de Paris, Hôpitaux de France"' visited on Monday the Hematology and Pediatric Oncology center at the 20 août Hospital in Casablanca.

meeting with Bernadette Chirac: http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/box2/french_foundation_do/view
Rabat - French "Fondation des Hôpitaux de Paris-Hôpitaux de France" granted 200,000 Euros (254,693 dollars) to the Lalla Salma Association for the Fight against Cancer (ALSC) as a contribution to build Maison de vie (House of life), a facility for children affected with cancer in Marrakech.
photo: http://s5.tinypic.com/dgs8xg.jpg

another visit to the Day Hospital Chemotherapy of the National Institute of Oncology in Rabat: Maghreb Arabe Presse: SAR la Princesse Lalla Salma visite l'Hôpital de Jour de Chimiothérapie de l'INO
Rabat - Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Salma, President of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight against Cancer (ALSC), accompanied by Mrs. Bernadette Chirac, President of the Fondation Hôpitaux de Paris-Hôpitaux de France, paid a visit Monday to the Day Hospital Chemotherapy of the National Institute of Oncology (INO) Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah Rabat.
On this occasion, HRH Princess Lalla Salma and Mrs. Chirac attended a panel presentation on the activities of the Hospital Chemotherapy Day of INO, before visiting the various dependencies of the institution.
Inaugurated a year ago, the day hospital chemotherapy INO has so far registered more than 11,000 consultations and more than 10,000 acts of chemotherapy days.
The hospital has four treatment rooms, two days of hospitalization and other rooms dedicated to care, pharmacy and the preparation of medicines.

My Name Sofia
I hope that Lala Salma association could Build a huge hospital for at least 5000 patients of babies suffering with cancer like what is happening in Egypt with the help and the collection of money from all Moroccan Community in order to develop the hospitals of Cancer in Morocco. I hope that the Assosiation of Lala Salma of cancer could create something like this project.

My Name Sofia
I hope that Lala Salma association could Build a huge hospital for at least 5000 patients of babies suffering with cancer like what is happening in Egypt with the help and the collection of money from all Moroccan Community in order to develop the hospitals of Cancer in Morocco. I hope that the Assosiation of Lala Salma of cancer could create something like this project.
i think you can write to the princess a letter , and explain your wishes .
its could be mpre efficace than write in the forum sofia .
if you need the adress just ask me about it ;)

ALSC gives donations to two associations
Rabat, Feb.20, 2009 (MAP) - The Lalla Salma Association Against Cancer (ALSC) gave on Friday donations to two associations "Agir" and "Avenir," upon instructions of Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of ALSC....MAP
finally!
it's nice to know she made donations to these associaions, because it was evident that her association gets most if not all the money :cool:
i guess critics can change things .. heh ;)

3 years after her association inauguration, i see she makes quiet often visits to hospitals, centers, meetings and so. it's clear she is quiet involved in this association, but to me it's sounds like her own enterprise than an association where we can see and hear of other people working and contributing. imo, she can send a good message of her work in more effecive way, than what she does right now. many of her appearances aren't necessary at all.

i believe salma needs good advisers

Personally, I am not impressing by her work in her association, she collect money for the “houses of live”, that could be a hard work for another association, but not for her since most famous Moroccan businessman must give her money, she launched few campaigns with the health ministry when this one can did it alone with no problem, she organised forums, when these kinds of events are usually and with no problem organised by the practitioner’s association or health ministry. These actions could be doing easiness without her, but it seems that all is doing to give her association a big role for them
For me, this association has another role to play, in another direction, example set up antennas of the association in isolated regions to help illness people there, or find a way to help people who aren’t hospitalized but have difficulties in their daily life, or from illiteracy persons who have problems to communicate with the doctors, they are many and many ways to help illness people, in most she has the means for that, these actions aren’t spectacular, and there are invisible, not as inaugurated “houses live”, or attend forums, but for sure they are very useful.

Please note that posts stating "I agree" add nothing to a discussion and are routinely removed by the moderators.
If it's worthwhile making a post then it's worthwhile making the effort to write something of substance.

thanks.
Warren
Morocco moderator

if she give this money for an association of more poor country than morocco as swaziland, I would say it's a great gesture, but that salma association that is an association of poor country as our, where people are poor and had many difficulties when they are ill (and when they aren't) give money to an association of rich country as saoudian arabie, where the hospital and the condition of life are much better than in morocco, I find that out of place:rolleyes:
for what showed the TV, her activity was light, she only heard a speach doing by the president of saoudian association
about her look, she wore a black long skirt, a black top, and a white jacket, she has a white scarf on head, she has also white shoes, what it wasn't nice at all with her black pants:nonono:

:ROFLMAO:so funny (tragiquely funny i mean) ...Morocco making donation to Saudi Association LOL !!!!

:ROFLMAO:so funny (tragiquely funny i mean) ...Morocco making donation to Saudi Association LOL !!!!

The most tragical is that you choose to see things negatively.
To me Princess Lalla Salma, pointed a big health issue, that even in wealthy countries, there's injustice, do you think everybody in KSA is given the right to health and care?!!!You must browse a little bit internet, to see how much people are suffring there, only a few category is enjoying the money of petrodollars.
I personally find that Salma was very daring to do that, and to point such as issue in a very conservative country, where people tend to hide such as problems.
To me if she made even donation to help for cancer to USA that would be fine, USA is much waelthier than Morocco, but if you compare healtha nd care's systems, you will find out for example, that most people in Morocco are able to pay a dentist, and to be refunded by the insurances, while in USA not all people are able to pay an insurance, unless they have a very good job!

ok ok ok .....of course there are poor people and sick people in SAudia but Saudia Arabia doesn't miss people to give money, and (I know this country , and I know very well Morocco) i'ts not dificult at all to find Money especially tor these causes this is not by far the Morocco's case

IMO....it's ashamed when you know the economic situation of Morocco, it's ashamed when you know how are the hospitals in Morocco, and above all the difficulties people know everyday for the smallest health's problem

ok ok ok .....of course there are poor people and sick people in SAudia but Saudia Arabia doesn't miss people to give money,
If the association in KSA accepted money from Morocco, so it means that money and means are missing, and YES in KSA there's enough people who can give money, but so far, it means they don't do enough,that's why I said Salma was very daring to do that, and to point this issue, in such as country, maybe those who have possiblity to help, will be embarassed and will give donations in KSA or elsewhere, where it's needed.

she give money for an association from a country that is much more riche than hers
for me, lalla salma want to act as she is the first lady or a rich country, she isn't carla sarkozy or michelle obama, she is the first lady of a country of the third word, and she must to don't forget that if she and her family-in-law are very rich, moroccan people aren't and this kind of gesture is really out of place (and the word is light)

seems nice to visit other associations for support and see the others experiences no matter how modest are these association,but i found that the donation has no meaning and out of place.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma visits King Fahad National Centre for Children's Cancer
Riyadh - Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of King Mohammed VI, and chairwoman of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight Cancer (ALSC), visited on Tuesday, the King Fahad National Centre for Children's Cancer (KFNCCC).

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma attends Moroccan women's event in Riyadh
Riyadh - Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight Cancer (ALSC), attended, here Tuesday, a Moroccan women's party organised by the Saudi SANAD charity association to support children with cancer.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma highlights importance of cooperation to fight cancer
Riyadh - Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight Cancer (ALSC), highlighted, here on Tuesday, the importance of cooperation and concerted efforts to fight cancer.

Lalla Salma during her visit to the King Fahad National Centre for Children's Cancer
http://i40.tinypic.com/6h6ja9.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/dpk1sk.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/dhact0.jpg

Thank´s Morgeanne. Finally we can see her in Riyadh. She looks nice with veil.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma attends Moroccan women's event in Riyadh
Riyadh - Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight Cancer (ALSC), attended, here Tuesday, a Moroccan women's party organised by the Saudi SANAD charity association to support children with cancer.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma highlights importance of cooperation to fight cancer
Riyadh - Princess Lalla Salma, chairwoman of the Lalla Salma Association to Fight Cancer (ALSC), highlighted, here on Tuesday, the importance of cooperation and concerted efforts to fight cancer.

I saw her on Tv yesterday and this is the video of the party
Le Journal télévisé en Arabe du 25 03 09
i find the takchita quite nice, even if it is for me too charged, i would prefer more delicate imbroideries, the belt is beautiful, and the earrings also, but the hairdo is definitely a mess and the make up wasn't refined
by way, this way to dress isn't the better choice for this kind of event, it's more a look for state dinners, I would prefer her more simple, simplicity and refinement would be the better choice for this party

I read comments about why Morroco gives money to Saudi Arabia. First this is associations and I'm sure what was given is not something of great value. Ladies what Morroco gets from Saudi Arabia and the Gulf is a big deal, and if we do small calculation we will find out that the net gain is in the Morrocan side.

Back
Top Bottom