The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 05-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Here's the English version of the article:

Casablanca, May 21 - Some 379 cancer patients and their relatives have benefited from accommodation provided by the Casablanca-based "La Maison de Vie" (the House of life) since last November, that is an 85% occupancy.
LINK
__________________

__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 479
about the look of lalla salma this day, personally, I don't like it
I don't know if it's the jaket or the color or the hairdo, but it isn't nice
too bad, she is cute but she don't know how to dress
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: paris, france, Morocco
Posts: 277
Ok thanks I could find it. I like the way she is dressed. I like her hairdo
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-23-2007, 11:45 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 20,005
Thank you Little Star, Lalla Salma does alot when it comes to cancer, her causes are good.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-24-2007, 04:38 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubna2
about the look of lalla salma this day, personally, I don't like it
I don't know if it's the jaket or the color or the hairdo, but it isn't nice
too bad, she is cute but she don't know how to dress
i don't like her hair and her eyes are inflated, they looks small, i think she didn't lost pregnancy weight. it's same after prince hassan birth when she received lady mosharaf, her face was inflated.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
What is Salma's actual involvement with the cancer organisation? Does she simply attend events like this or is there more to her role?
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-25-2007, 06:10 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 20,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
What is Salma's actual involvement with the cancer organisation? Does she simply attend events like this or is there more to her role?
Do you mean her involvement with the orgianisation she recently visited?

Lalla Salma is Chairwoman of the "Lalla Salma Association Against cancer." & the event she attended a few days ago was officially inaugurated by Lalla Salma. Is this what you were looking for ?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-25-2007, 12:31 PM
shrifia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: marrakech, Morocco
Posts: 2,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
What is Salma's actual involvement with the cancer organisation? Does she simply attend events like this or is there more to her role?
I think that you find more about lalla salma's involvement with the cancer here::: THE LALLA SALMA ASSOCIATION AGAINST CANCER - Home ::
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-26-2007, 07:14 AM
rchainho's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Portugal
Posts: 2,533
chanel jacket? Where do you see if she is tired in that picture dazzling?
__________________
my new forum for active members only:http://crownroyals.proboards.com/
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-26-2007, 07:38 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 20,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
chanel jacket? Where do you see if she is tired in that picture dazzling?
click here to see a better picture. she looks quite pale imo
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
click here to see a better picture. she looks quite pale imo
I think that she is pale because she diddn't put a lot of make-up, the ladies with this kind of complexion need to put make-up to attenuate the palor of their skin
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Do you mean her involvement with the orgianisation she recently visited?

Lalla Salma is Chairwoman of the "Lalla Salma Association Against cancer." & the event she attended a few days ago was officially inaugurated by Lalla Salma. Is this what you were looking for ?
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know how involved she actually is? Or whether she's merely a figurehead?

Salma is probably one of the most inactive Royal ladies around so I hope she does something with this organisation behind the scenes as well. It would be very disappointing if that were not the case.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know how involved she actually is? Or whether she's merely a figurehead?

Salma is probably one of the most inactive Royal ladies around so I hope she does something with this organisation behind the scenes as well. It would be very disappointing if that were not the case.
imo salma is merely a figurehead, bcz she can’t do huge work which’s normally health ministry’ job. and i'm disappointed, i read her association took over other cancer association. the palace associated them under salma organization to assure large collaboration but also to avoid rivalry so, the work that should be done by the health ministry and other cancer associations, she monopolise it.
if she is modest she could encourage ppl and associations to work for that cause instead of showing up from time to time
anyway what u expect from first ladies of third world
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 AM
TamaraKhan's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burlöv-Singapore, Sweden
Posts: 177
You are talking about this association like if it was an association for trade,i think words like rivalitay and monopol don't have a place in such as issue,imo i think it's good for the people who suffer from an illness like cancer,if they got more interest and aids because a princess made an association which concentrates all what is related to this illness...,at least her name on head of such as issue is adding something positive ,and it's not just to put a name on association and to figure like the one who is doing all the work and auto-appropriates the work and effort of others like it's done elsewhere to have the image of champion of many issues,i think it's not the purpose here,and it's good that it's clear that Salma is supporting the association ,and let the rest for the professionals!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraKhan
You are talking about this association like if it was an association for trade,i think words like rivalitay and monopol don't have a place in such as issue,imo i think it's good for the people who suffer from an illness like cancer,if they got more interest and aids because a princess made an association which concentrates all what is related to this illness...,at least her name on head of such as issue is adding something positive ,and it's not just to put a name on association and to figure like the one who is doing all the work and auto-appropriates the work and effort of others like it's done elsewhere to have the image of champion of many issues,i think it's not the purpose here,and it's good that it's clear that Salma is supporting the association ,and let the rest for the professionals!
maybe u speak from fortune and democratic countries point of view, who don't count a lot on princess job. ppl in morocco need basic health services not princess.
since ministries and associations aren't encouraged and not recognised of what they do, it’s bad for whole society. u know why i said she monopolises that cause, bcz she never visited cancer or other associations bf4 or after she created her own organization. and she took over other cancer asociations. so what count is, that association with her name LALLA SALMA and palace image
if she is hard working and her name brings happiness to ppl, who hold her from working with thousands of associations who need help
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 05-30-2007, 11:37 AM
rosa's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 329
lalla salma have another activity this day
Maghreb Arabe Presse: SAR la Princesse Lalla Salma préside le lancement du programme pilote "collèges, lycées et entreprises sans tabac"

for what I see in this photo, she is nicely dressed this time, even if I don't think that the white top match well with the brown jacket
for what I read in the MAP, she don't make a speech, why?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa
lalla salma have another activity this day
Maghreb Arabe Presse: SAR la Princesse Lalla Salma préside le lancement du programme pilote "collèges, lycées et entreprises sans tabac"

for what I see in this photo, she is nicely dressed this time, even if I don't think that the white top match well with the brown jacket
for what I read in the MAP, she don't make a speech, why?
that's nice since cigarette smoke is major cause of lung cancer.
by the way did she convince her husband and the rest of the royal family to stop smoking
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:02 PM
rosa's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 329
personally, I think that the activities of lalla salma are more a protocolore role than another thing
the useful work is doing by other persons, she is probably interested by this health problem, (as each person in this world), but I don't think that she is working all the day for her association, as do it a commonor who heads an association
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by zineb
maybe u speak from fortune and democratic countries point of view, who don't count a lot on princess job. ppl in morocco need basic health services not princess.
since ministries and associations aren't encouraged and not recognised of what they do, it’s bad for whole society. u know why i said she monopolises that cause, bcz she never visited cancer or other associations bf4 or after she created her own organization. and she took over other cancer asociations. so what count is, that association with her name LALLA SALMA and palace image
if she is hard working and her name brings happiness to ppl, who hold her from working with thousands of associations who need help
So other cancer organisations were incorporated into her organisation? That could be a poistive thing as it would certainly cut down on bureaucracy.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
shrifia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: marrakech, Morocco
Posts: 2,962
this is the first conversation not only about fashion OH!! thanx to god and to you all I glad of it,I agree with some that she had to do better and be more active in her cause but on the other hand the age of her asossiation it's only a years and with two "maisons de vie" it's I don't think it's not bad and I know as I live here ppl start to looks to cancer Different look after the first Campaign Organized by her asossiation about cancer alot of members of my family Especially The women try to know more about this sick whish they afraid alot and don't even talk about.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abdication belgium best outfit brussels carl philip crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death fashion fashion poll felipe vi funeral hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king juan carlos abdication king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima official visit picture of the week poland president gauck president hollande president komorowski prince carl philip prince daniel prince henrik princess ariane princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess mary princess mette-marit princess of asturias queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague van vollenhoven visit wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]