Fez Festival of World Sacred Music: 2004-2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monalisa

Courtier
City
Namur
Country
Belgium
Festival of World Sacred Music: May 28, 2004

Lalla Salma at the opening of the 10th Annual World Sacred Music Festival in her hometown, Fez. By the way, this is a beautiful festival held every year in Fez, one of the imperial cities of the world that is considered by UN, a world heritage.

It is said in the text that this Festival is considered by UN, one of the seven world events contributing to the dialogue between civilizations.

The 10th edition of the World Sacred Music Festival

"leading musicians of world calibre sharing sacred music from the spiritual traditions of both East and West." Now you will understand why the Festival is considered a World event:
Colloquium of Fez: a Soul for Globalization

PS:
I wish the pic was bigger as i seem to like what she is wearing now.. :unsure:

Attachments

• _Lalla-salma-3MUSIQUESSACREES.JPG
    _Lalla-salma-3MUSIQUESSACREES.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,608
  • salma&waad.JPG
    salma&waad.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,549
Last edited by a moderator:
The dress of salma seems very nice; it is a pity that the photo has been taken of so far
I never saw salma, combed otherwise, she could try to make a chignon, especially in summer, it is more comfortable than this mass of hairs on the shoulders

many thanks for all that great photos! is great to see photos of this beautiful and nice princess..

The combination of the blue with her hair is stunning. I don't find her all that beautiful but I think she handles herself with great humanity and grace. I love her hair-absolutely LOVE it.

The lady with Salma is first lady of Senegal Viviane Wade.

Princess Salma at the World Sacred Music Festival

SAR la princesse Lalla Salma préside

l'ouverture de la 10ème édition du festival de Fès des musiques sacrées du monde

Fès, 29/05/04 - SAR la princesse Lalla Salma a présidé, vendredi soir à Fès, la cérémonie d'ouverture de la 10ème édition du festival de Fès des musiques sacrées du monde, organisée sous le Haut Patronage de SM le Roi Mohammed VI, par l'Association Fès Saïss, du 28 mai au 5 juin sous le thème: "Traces de lumières".

A son arrivée sur la place historique de Bab Makina, SAR la princesse Lalla Salma a passé en revue un détachement de la garde municipale qui rendait les honneurs avant d'être saluée par MM. Mohammed Kabbaj, conseiller de SM le Roi et président de l'Association Fès-Saïss et du Festival, Ahmed Toufiq, ministre des Habous et des Affaires islamiques, Mohamed Achâari, ministre de la Culture et Adil Douiri, ministre du Tourisme.

SAR la princesse Lalla Salma a été également saluée par le wali de la région, M. Ahmed Arafa, le président du conseil régional, M. M'hamed Douiri, le commandant de la place d'armes, le président du Conseil de la ville, le président du conseil régional des oulémas, le directeur et les membres du comité d'organisation du festival ainsi que par d'autres personnalités civiles et militaires.

SAR la princesse Lalla Salma, accompagnée de Mme Viviane Wade, épouse du président du Sénégal, a ensuite assisté au concert inaugural intitulé "Prélude Hymne à la vie", présenté par la chorale des enfants de Fès sous la direction du maître de la musique arabo-andalouse, Mohammed Briouel.

Ces jeunes artistes ont interprété des poèmes de Kadi Ayad, Abdelghani Naboulsi et Sidi Bahloul et ont été relayés par trois jeunes femmes artistes de la Méditerranée : l'espagnole Monserrat Figuerras, la marocaine Aicha Redouane et la Française d'origine juive Françoise Atlan.

Cette prestation originale hautement symbolique a concrétisé à travers ces trois voix féminines la rencontre entre les trois religions monothéistes.

Ce spectacle s'est poursuivi par la traditionnelle prestation des derviches tourneurs de konya, ville turque qui abrite le mausolée de Djallalledin Rumi, qui ont donné un aperçu du rituel de Dikr et de Sammaâ, de la confrérie soufie Mevlevi, l'une des plus connues dans le pays.

Symbole d'espoir de la paix entre les peuples, le festival de Fès qui s'est ancré dans la tradition, a gagné sa renommée internationale et ce depuis sa première édition en octobre 1994. A l'image d'une quête de sens, il a pour vocation de faire découvrir les significations simples et essentielles du mot partage tout en véhiculant, à travers la musique, les valeurs de tolérance et de coexistence pacifique entre les peuples.

Dans son esprit de création, le festival a donc voulu être un appel à l'harmonisation, à la diversité des cultures et de la spiritualité et ce, dans un même espace.

Cet espace n'est autre que la ville de Fès, considérée comme l'une des plus importantes métropoles de l'islam à travers le monde qui abrite la plus ancienne et prestigieuse université islamique, la Qaraouiyine.

Au fil des éditions, ce festival a acquis ses lettres de noblesse et, en 2001, les Nations unies l'ont honoré en le classant parmi les sept événements mondiaux ayant contribué au dialogue des civilisations.

English translation:

SAR the princess Lalla Salma presides
the opening of the 10th edition of the festival of Fès of the sacred musics of the world

Fès, 29/05/04 - SAR the princess Lalla Salma presided, Friday evening to Fès, the opening ceremony of the 10th edition of the festival of Fès of the sacred musics of the world, organized under the High Patronage of SM the King Mohammed VI, by the association Fès Saïss, of May 28 to June 5 under the theme: "Tracks of lights".

To his arrival on the historic place of Bab Makina, SAR the princess Lalla Salma reviewed a detachment of the municipal guard that returned the honors before being greeted by MM. Mohammed Kabbaj, counsel SM the King and president of the association fès-saïss and Festival, Ahmed Toufiq, minister of the Habous and Islamic Matters, Mohamed Achâari, minister of the Culture and Adil.

SAR the princess Lalla Salma was equally greeted by the wali of the region, MR. Ahmed Arafa, the president of the regional counsel, MR. M'hamed ME Douiri, the order of the place of weapons, the president of the Counsel of the city, the president of the regional counsel of the oulémas, the director and the members of the organization committee of the festival as well as by of other personalities.

SAR the princess Lalla Salma, accompanied of Ms Viviane Wade, marries president of the Senegal, next attended the inaugural entitled concert "Prelude Hymn to life", presented by the choral one children of Fès under the direction of the master of the music arabo-andalouse, Mohammed Briouel.

These young artists interpreted poems of Kadi Ayad, Abdelghani Naboulsi and Sidi Bahloul and were relayed by three young women artists of the Mediterranean: the Spanish Monserrat Figuerras, the Moroccan Aicha Redouane and the origin Frenchwoman jewish Françoise Atlan.

This original one highly symbolic benefit made real through these three feminine voices meets it between the three religions monothéistes.

This spectacle continued by the traditional benefit of the dervishes turners of konya, Turkish city that shelters the mausolée of Djallalledin Rumi, that gave a summary of the ritual of Dikr and of Sammaâ, Sufi brotherhood Mevlevi, the one of the more known in the country.

Hope symbol of the peace between the peoples, the festival of Fès that becomes established in the tradition, won his international fame and this since his first edition in October 1994. To the picture of a direction quest, it has for vocation to do to discover the simple and essential meanings of the word divides all while carrying, through the music, the tolerance values and of peaceful coexistence between the peoples.

In his creation spirit, the festival has therefore wanted to be a call to harmonization, to the variety of the cultures and spiritualité and this, in an even spaces.

This not other space that the city of Fès, considered as the one of the more important metropoles of the islam through the world that shelters the oldest and most prestigious Islamic university, the Qaraouiyine.

With the passing of the editions, this festival obtained its nobility letters and, in 2001, the united Nations the honored while the class among the seven world-wide events having contributed to the dialog of the civilizations.

bigger picture

Attachments

• DL103641_001.jpg
    DL103641_001.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,263
on this photo lalla salma seems distant

Attachments

• gal1.jpg
    gal1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,507
11th Fez Festival of World Sacred Music to start on June:

RABAT, Mar.16 - Top world spiritual musicians are expected to turn out at the 11th Fez Festival of World Sacred Music slated for June 3 to 11.

The Fez festival will wow connoisseurs at the opening ceremony when the spirited and emotion-filled voice of the Spanish Teresa Berganza will mingle with the vibrations of Indian Sitar maestro Ravi Shankar whose voice bridges between East and West worlds.

Moroccan soulful voice of Asmae Lemnawar will echo in the Bab Makina place in harmony with Orchestra and Choir of the Community of Madrid conducted by maestro José Ramón. Composed by Moroccan luthist, Saïd Chraïbi, the musical programme will render Sufi poems of Al-Harraq and Ibn Arabi.

At Batha Museum, the Iraqi star, Kadem Saher will render his most soulful, mystic and sincere songs and poems on one of Fez summer.

In a unique moment of spiritual celebration, Fez, the cultural capital of the kingdom, will live for ten days on the vibrations of musical bands emanating from the five corners of the globe.

Fez will enjoy Pakistani, Qawwali and dance on Spanish Flamenco. The city will go through a spiritual journey on the magical carpet of Yaki Kendru to the American India and Dieng Kala will guide Fez to a Safari in the East African jungle.

A one-way ticket journey to Morocco will be assured by Chaouen women Hadra whose strong rhythms come from the depths. City’s geniuses, Bajdoub, Souiri and Bennis will join the fest to infatuate the audience with Andalou and Sufi spiritual voices.

“Fez meetings” forum will organise a debate themed “Giving a soul to globalisation” in which international institutions notably World Bank and European Union will invite constructive debate on the political and spiritual coexistence of peoples and cultures that is not only peaceful but also creative and full of hope.

Fez meetings will also hold other debates notably “from conflict to cultures dialogue” and “change the world each day”.

Bab Makina, Batha Museum, Boujloud place and Volubilis will have the honour to host this festival that is gaining momentum through editions. It has become a place where blows a spirit of dialogue and sharing and a unique moment of spiritual celebration and peace.

Fez Festival of World Sacred Music: 2005

World Sacred Music Festival kicks off in Fez

Fez, June 04 - The 11th edition of the World Sacred Music (June 3 - 11) kicked off Friday in Fez under the theme "Paths of Hope" with a concert that brought together Moroccan and Spanish artists.

Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of King Mohammed VI, chaired the opening ceremony that featured a concert of the Spanish mezzo-soprano Téresa Berganza that shared stage with her daughter Cecilia Lavilla in a unique and beautiful performance. The two artists made their performance with the Orchestra and the Choir of the Community of Madrid.

The opening ceremony went on with Sufi chants by the Moroccan young talent Asmae Lemnawer.

This international music event, held in Morocco's cultural capital, is marked this year by the presence of musicians of over 15 countries.

Performances by Moroccan and Spanish artists at the opening ceremony were meant to be a sign of advocating tolerance and peaceful co-existence through songs and music.

Since the festival started in October 1994, it has become a call for peace and for harmonization between spiritual cultures.

Attachments

• post-32-1117900425.jpg
    post-32-1117900425.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 871
Amira said:
World Sacred Music Festival kicks off in Fez

Fez, June 04 - The 11th edition of the World Sacred Music (June 3 - 11) kicked off Friday in Fez under the theme "Paths of Hope" with a concert that brought together Moroccan and Spanish artists.

More pics...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,667
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 700
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 732
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 753
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 771
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 739
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 643
thank you for those pics pdas
Lalla Salma looks gorgeous!
The pink is so pretty on her.
This is certainly the most elegant caftan I have seen on her.

thanks Pdas for those nice pictures:)

PL.Salma looks stuning than ever,I see that more simplicity in make-up and choice of colours of clothes match her, and enhance her guinine beauty.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thank you for those pics pdas
Lalla Salma looks gorgeous!
The pink is so pretty on her.
This is certainly the most elegant caftan I have seen on her.

I think this is the same caftan worn latst November during the gala dinner given for Belgian royals' (King AlbertII and queen Paola)visit to Morocco!

Monalisa said:
I think this is the same caftan worn latst November during the gala dinner given for Belgian royals' (King AlbertII and queen Paola)visit to Morocco!

I don't think it's the same Caftan , the one worn by lalla selma during the gala dinner for the belgian royal was more colourful and also in morocco the princesses never wear the same caftan twice if they have a public appearance , it's a shame ;)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44692

Princess Lalla Salma (L), wife of Moroccan King Mohammed VI, attends late on June 6, 2008 a concert by US singer Jessie Norman directed by Rachael Worby of the United States as part of the 14th Sacred World Music Festival in Fes

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages....lma+fes|9221120214479918071|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=1
thanks for sharing :flowers:
she look woderful,beautiful caftan and superb jewls.
her face look a bit fuller:) she didn't looks she had that weight last time and on TV too last night.

She look prettier with a light make up

I think that Lalla Salma always looks pretty, beautifully gowned, and fully at ease with her role. To me, she has great character and dignity, and I'm sure, is a beacon of possibilities for women everywhere in her world, which matches the respect which others outside of her immediate milieu feel for her,

I also think that any country, anywhere, would be delighted to have such a sympathetic, empathic, intelligent, and well-educated and accomplished woman as its foremost female citizen.

Princess Lalla Salma (L), wife of Moroccan King Mohammed VI, attends late on June 6, 2008 a concert by US singer Jessie Norman directed by Rachael Worby of the United States as part of the 14th Sacred World Music Festival in Fes

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages....lma+fes|9221120214479918071|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=1
Thanks for the photos, salma.

I love her caftan here, it's absolutely perfect and her make-up is much lighter than usual and looks much better. She looks lovely.

My only gripe is that her hair as usual is very boring, it would be nice if she updated it.

Her hair is the most amazingly beautiful I have ever seen.

I find her hair perfectly styled. There are enough of look-alikes in these royal sites. Her hair is very unique and her style shows it off very nicely.

Back
Top Bottom