Fez Festival of World Sacred Music: 2004-2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THE VIEW FROM FEZ: Fez Festival Opening Night
......HRH Princess Lalla Salma arrived to a very warm reception from the crowd and all was set to begin. Amal Bennani introduced the concert in English that was both clear and perfect......

Lalla Meryem attended consert of the Lebanese singer Majda El Roumi in Fes yesterday
AFP: ماجدة الرومي تغني السلام في مهرجان الموسيقى العريقة في فاس

Article from Aujourd'hui Le Maroc - Que de spiritualité et de grâce !
talk about the presence of Lalla Salma during the concert of moraccan icon singel Abdelwahab Doukkali 12 Jun,and Lebanese singer Majda El Roumi's consert too 13 Jun.

Last edited by a moderator:
so Lalla salma attended Majda El Roumi consert with Lalla Meryem I guess,cool,I envy them I am big fan of Majda she is a great singer.

Being a stickler for punctuality, I find it more than a little rude that Salma was late in attending.

The BBC had an interesting article on the Music Festival.

"The week that Saudi Arabia held its first ever conference on interfaith dialogue, Morocco was hosting its 14th festival of World Sacred Music.
Artists from all over the world converged on its ancient city of Fez, to the east of the capital Rabat."
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Fez music festival builds bridges

i think her attantion was the wait until all people get their places,the event start so nobody can notice her arrival ,although peopel were so excited about her presence.and according to alayam magazine she arrive to attend the Abdelwahab Doukkali's consert with her grandmother:)
by the way very intersting article thanks for sharing Little_Star.

Last edited:
a few more lovely pictures via anp

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5 -- pic 6
i like the earrings. i think women wore a lot this long earrings in 60' and 70' which of course are always nice with caftans. those one worn by salma look same design to earrings worn by singers Om Kaltoum and Sabah. i put the links.

http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2007-10-02/2yx22o9_230.jpg

http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2007-10-16/b7hu82_246.jpg

YouTube - SABAH - Al Basata ( original version ) - صباح

i like the earrings. i think women wore a lot this long earrings in 60' and 70' which of course are always nice with caftans. those one worn by salma look same design to earrings worn by singers Om Kaltoum and Sabah. i put the links.

http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2007-10-02/2yx22o9_230.jpg

http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2007-10-16/b7hu82_246.jpg
that's was my opinion to , when i see lala salma with this earings , because im a big fan of the diva oum khalthom , i know this type of earings because in this time the arabic poeple name this earings ( oum khaltom earings) my mother had the same earings she told me this story ; nice to see her royal hinghes retourning this fashion :wub:

I think Lalla Salma should use her hair plain, it is prettier. By the way, her eyes are green, aren't they?

Fes Festival of Sacred Music 2008
.....plenty of extremely well-heeled Moroccan patrons—just the type of audience the festival organizers seem the most intent on attracting—attended each evening to see and be seen. On several evenings, their numbers included Morocco's Princess Consort, the Fes-born Lalla Salma (who is the wife of King Mohammad VI, and actually the first wife to a Moroccan ruler to be publicly acknowledged, photographed, and bestowed with a royal title of her own).....rest of the article

Princess Lalla Salma, wife of King Mohammed VI of Morocco, is accompnied by Minister of culture Touria Jebrane as she arrives for a concert in Fez late on May 29, 2009. The concert was part of the opening of the 15th World Sacred Music Festival
http://i44.tinypic.com/fa366d.jpg

thanks lilo fo sharing !
she looks very nice in this wonderful caftan , i like the colore and the couture .
when i look back over the past previous years of this festival , i admire the dresses and the jewel she choose for this event , i think she loves to go to this event ,so she choose her dress with care .
welcom back ma'am we really miss you :)

More from Maghreb Arab Press
Princess Lalla Salma chairs opening ceremony of 15th Fez Sacred Music Festival
Fez - Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of king Mohammed VI, chaired, on Friday night, the opening ceremony of the 15th Fez Sacred Music Festival.
The princess attended the opening concert given by Lebanese renowned singer and composer, Marcel Khalifa, and Al-Mayadin band with Oumeima Khalaf, in a tribute to the Palestinian poet who passed away recently, Mahmoud Darwish.
photos: http://i42.tinypic.com/ilj62c.jpg

I was wondering something. I most often see Lalla Salma in tradiotonal type clothing, but she does often wear "western" style clothing does she not?

Also, is she expecting?

Last edited:
:previous: she do wore western clothes as often as she wore traditional:)
and I son't think she is expecting.

nice to see Lalla Salma keeping in thouch with Fez Festival,it's very intersting event,last year she did attend alot of events and concerts unofficially,I wonder if she will do the same thing this year that would be great.

Article and couple of photos here:
Fes Festival of World Sacred Music: Opening Night.
Last night saw the opening night of the 15th edition of the Fes Festival of World Sacred Music and once again the Sacred Music Festival began with the arrival of the hugely popular Princess Lalla Salma (pictured left), who received a standing ovation from the almost capacity crowd.

Morocco’s Comprehensive Counterterrorism Approach
This week, for the fifteenth year in a row, Fes is hosting the International Sacred Music Festival. Under the theme of “L’Arbre de la Vie” (“the tree of life”), this year’s celebration was opened by Princess Lalla Salma, consort of King Mohammed VI, and includes a variety of Muslim, Christian, and Jewish artists from around the globe include Lebanese singer and composer Marcel Khalifa, French jazz violinist Didier Lockwood, Iranian percussionist Keyvan Chemirani, and Canadian singer and composer Loreena McKennitt. In addition to the music, other artistic events being organized during the weeklong festival include such as art exhibitions, academic workshops, and children’s activities....Article

another pic from the opning night
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb61/caramilla_2007/Sanstitre5.jpg?t=1246041395
her belt is magnificent!!

some were asking whos the girl with Lalla salma Telquel said it's one Mr Ben Ali daughter but they didn't mention her name or if it's Leila Ben Ali daughter .

some were asking whos the girl with Lalla salma Telquel said it's one Mr Ben Ali daughter but they didn't mention her name or if it's Leila Ben Ali daughter .

She's not Ben Ali daughter. She's one of Fez festival organizers.
Mr Leila Trabelsi married President Ben Ali only on 1992, their daughter Halima is only 16, she can't be that woman.

any possibility that girl may be Ben Ali daughter from his first marriage?
I knew he was married before Leila Ben Ali.

she can be his daughter from his first marriage,Telquel didn't say it's Mrs Leila daughter.

Re-imagine the SACRED
...the Palestinian poet whose coffin he shouldered last August. The Moroccans in the international audience were excited, indeed subjugated, by a rare apparition in the audience of Princess Lalla Salma, young commoner, IT systems analyst that the newly crowned Mohammed VI had wed in 2002. But they were soon egged on into a chorus with Khalifé who has made Darwish's poetry, known even in Hindi, familiar to the entire Arab world....Link

sacred sounds of morocco
...As we took our seats, a trumpet sounded and a hush filled the air, as the festival opened with the entrance of Morocco’s queen, the beautiful Lalla Salma. She floated down the red carpet, looking like a fairytale vision in her beautiful dress, and gave her blessing to the festival to the cheers of the adoring crowd. Once she was seated, the legendary Jessye Norman took the stage....Link

Dance at the Fez Festival of World Sacred Music
The Fes Festival of World Sacred opens this year with the Royal Cambodian Ballet on 4 June, at Bab al Makina.
This Khmer form of dance was almost completely obliterated during the Pol Pot regime, but has now been recognised by UNESCO as a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
Opening night at the Festival is always a gala affair, usually attended by HRH Princess Lalla Salma. This particular concert should offer all the glitz needed for a special night. The performance is choreographed by HRH Princess Buppha Devi, herself a former dancer. Although retired now, she works as director of the 300 dancers of the Royal Ballet.

well tomorrow is the edition 2010 of Fez Festival I am looking forward to see Lalla salma in the opnning night and why not see some intersting guests.

yes shrifia we all looking forward to this annual ocassion , maybe this year other pricesses joing lala salma in this event , like lala mariem did 3 years ago .
can't wait to see lala salma with a staning caftan ^^

Princess Lalla Salma Chairs Opening of 16th Fez Festival of World Sacred Music
Fez - Princess Lalla Salma chaired, on Friday at the Bab Al Makina historical site, the opening ceremony of the 16th Fez Festival of World Sacred Music, held, under the patronage of HM King Mohammed VI, by the Spirit of Fez Foundation under the theme "initiatory journey"....MAP

the Festival started right now and Lalla salma is attending the opnningno pics yet,I hope we'll get alot of pics.

Back
Top Bottom