Birth of Princess Lalla Khadija: February 28, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
linda85 said:
Maybe Lalla Salma doesn't feel up to facing the cameras yet. She just did give birth about a week ago.
It's less than that! No woman would willingly want to pose so soon, maybe the other Royal ladies should follow her lead!

there will be surely a photograph of L Salma taken this evening at the time of the festival and published only tomorrow like that with M.EL Hassan.....
I just fear the caftan that she will wear this time ;)

Amira said:
baptisim???!!!:wacko: :wacko:
baptisim is for christians Amira and King Muhammad is a muslim.
It's AKIKA , and that means :slautering sheep to feed the poor in celebration of the event and it's a sunnah in Islam.

crm2317 said:
Silly question but why are there no pictures of the baby from the christening? Why just her dad and her brother? Is it a christening or is just making the birth official and filling in a birth certificate?
It's not christening, he's muslim, it's just a way of celebration and thanking Allah for the new baby, it's called AKIKAH.

Last edited by a moderator:
lil Monkey said:
baptisim???!!!:wacko: :wacko:
baptisim is for christians Amira and King Muhammad is a muslim.
It's AKIKA , and that means :slautering sheep to feed the poor in celebration of the event and it's a sunnah in Islam.

I tried to translate it from french to english , in french we say BAPTEME , and in morocco dialect we call it SBOU3 , the name comes from number 7 cause we celebrate the Akika on the sevent day following the birth of the baby ;)

Thanks lil Monkey and Amira. Now that the terminology has been clarified we can move on. :)

Mabrook aleikum Malik Muhammed VI & Amira Lalla Salma! Ma sha' Allah what a beautiful, scerene and sweet baby Girl!!!!! :lol: :ROFLMAO: :flowers:

ikram said:
there will be surely a photograph of L Salma taken this evening at the time of the festival and published only tomorrow like that with M.EL Hassan.....
I just fear the caftan that she will wear this time ;)

I hope that she will have a better one than at the time of hassan's birth

loubna2 said:
hope soo. it's royal event, i guess it will be red and green caftan :)

loubna2 said:
:bang Your head:I hope so so muchinchahllah (as we say in arabian)

In its edition of this week, TelQuel, published an editing about lalla khadidja's name, it said that according to the royal palace, the name of Salma's mother was Naima, and the baby was named in the memory of prophet's wife, Khadidja

too sad that Lalla Salma don’t appear yet, on TV with her baby a new mother can without any problem do little activities few days after the childbirth

sabiha said:
In its edition of this week, TelQuel, published an editing about lalla khadidja's name, it said that according to the royal palace, the name of Salma's mother was Naima, and the baby was named in the memory of prophet's wife, Khadidja

too sad that Lalla Salma don’t appear yet, on TV with her baby a new mother can without any problem do little activities few days after the childbirth

Telquel said last week, that it’s a democratic revolution that the little princess has her grandmother name, because this one was a commoner, this week, the magazine gives its apologize to its reader for this untrue hope

About Lalla Salma, I am sure that she will appear soon with her children and husband
As said it louban2, I hope that she will be better dressed than the last time, and also less make-up, I saw the images of this event, this year on TV for the king birthday, and she was funny, she makes grimaces because Moulay El Hassan was excited by the camera

this is a photo of salma and M6 with moulay el hassan in 2003, in my opinion the kaftan wasn't of good taste, and she was too make-up, in more she had silver tatoo as a bride
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Last edited:
I'm sorry but i was not able to finish that video,i have to stoped when i saw that poor animal be killed :(

But when we eat meat we doesn't think about killing (almost always). Something else is watching death/killing even animal.

Just for ur information , in our habits we used to sacrifice the sheep during the Akika , its a part of the islamic religion , for the christians i guess is the holy water ( im not so familiar with the customs ) but in ours it is the animal ...this is how it is !;)

Last edited:
the little prince was bit shocked to see the sheep killed but dad was speaking to him, i think he was explaining to him the ceremony. m6 knew he and the prince were filmed ;)

I stopped the clip there too, too weak to watch that:ermm:, I remember when my gradma does that with rabbits or chickens or sheeps, I run and hide..:lol:

I think that each culture has its tradition, we have the same in algeria

You guys didn't miss much- all that was left after that was them walking out, and the band playing. (I fast-forwarded and covered my eyes during the goat part)

florecita said:
I'm sorry but i was not able to finish that video,i have to stoped when i saw that poor animal be killed :(

same here. and poor little Moulay had to watch it too.

It's probably depending on how you were raised. You cannot really say it is a bad thing to kill animals, as long as you eat meat. Most farmers today kill a chicken for a meal, and when they used to it, they are not sentimental. I could not do it ( I don't even kill mosquitos), but I understand that that is somewhat hypocritical of me.
What I saw, was little Hassan looking somewhat anxious and fascinated, and his Dad talking comforting, maybe explaining to him. Maybe he told him that it is so quick that the animal doesn't really know, or something.
I think it is quite good that he sees that in a young age, while an adult can explain, that way it will become normal to him, as it has to be, as he will grow up with traditions like that.

Just a question, but isn't Lalla a title equal to that or translatable to Princess, and not a name?

Empress said:
Just a question, but isn't Lalla a title equal to that or translatable to Princess, and not a name?

Yes. Lalla means princess/lady. Moulay is the male equivalent.

lilytornado said:
It's probably depending on how you were raised. You cannot really say it is a bad thing to kill animals, as long as you eat meat. Most farmers today kill a chicken for a meal, and when they used to it, they are not sentimental. I could not do it ( I don't even kill mosquitos), but I understand that that is somewhat hypocritical of me.
What I saw, was little Hassan looking somewhat anxious and fascinated, and his Dad talking comforting, maybe explaining to him. Maybe he told him that it is so quick that the animal doesn't really know, or something.
I think it is quite good that he sees that in a young age, while an adult can explain, that way it will become normal to him, as it has to be, as he will grow up with traditions like that.
u are right, it's depend on how ppl are raised. little hassan looked anxious, i wonder if it's first time he saw a sheep killed :sad:
when he will be a king, every year he will kill by his hands a sheep for Eid Adha.

He will do that before that time ..... I mean when he reaches the age 16 or maby 17

amina1 said:
I stopped the clip there too, too weak to watch that:ermm:, I remember when my gradma does that with rabbits or chickens or sheeps, I run and hide..:lol:

Oh geez, me too, I can't stand watching an animal being killed. I guess if it's their tradition and they're used to it, it's okay but I had to stop it too.:sad:

I have a question, I can't read french so I can't read the articles but where was the princess born? I believe I saw that same flower curtain when Moulay Hassan was born, but are the children born in a hospital or in a palace?

Great video thanks amira, it's too bad though that salma hasen't appeared with her daughter yet. could she be sick?

I understand we're all eager to see new pictures of Lalla Salma. Im sure they will be posted here as soon as they're released to the media. Until then I request all members to be patient and stop asking for her photos.

Thank you

Humera
Royal Family of Morocco Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom